Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
UTH is pretty reasonable now. Perhaps it'll now get included in fewer decks making it actually an interesting card to see in your deck or your opponent's. What you're thinking about it is the cost of playing UTH in a way it'll turn the game. Now it's actually a situational card and not extremely situational at that because you're almost guaranteed to get decent value out of it in any game even without combos with the chance of getting to play it with timbers and cult masters (or the buzzard, still doable..).

I agree with blizzard about nerfing buzzard as the approach, it was just way OP. To think of it this way, it used to be similar to loot hoarder as 2 mana for 2-1, except that you can always make the draw trigger (seriously, when do you not have a beast in your hand as hunter). As a class card, it's proper that the card is slightly better a neutral one so thinking it as battlecry: draw a card would be fine. But since additionally it was so ridiculously easy to get multiple draws, the card was too good.

Reaction score
I think the buzzard nerf is too harsh, it's useless now, cult master is better, simply because it allows you to play it when you got a bunch of minions and get the draw, whereas with buzzard you need to go lategame to use it, because otherwise it will just get killed before you can activate it.
Since Hunter is pretty terrible late game, this makes it a pretty dead card.

I would have prefered it in it's old state, except that it would only activate from beast cards, so since UTH, Snake trap etc are spells/secrets, they wouldn't activate the card.

Oh well, I do like the chance, especially since you see less hunters on ladders, except for me of course, since my decked never played buzzard, uth orr leeroy. :D

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
That's actually a nice thought, having it only trigger from creatures played. It'd leave the card pretty powerful but take away the buzzard+uth combo you used to see in literally every hunter match (other than the ones against you of course ;)

Anyways I'm the same, whatever. Didn't like the combo, glad to see it gone. I might actually play more hunters now that it's worse.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
It was the combo that was annoying the hell out of people. UTH has always been good, but Buzzard made it great. Buzzard's way too much now (5 mana!) for a 3/2 drop, which can be traded against 2s. They should've at least given it better stats, since Buzzard will mostly be gone by the following turn considering how low its health is.

2/1 to 3/2 isn't a huge improvement. That just means it can't be killed by most 1s, but the mana cost has more than doubled now. The least they could have done was make it 1/5 or 2/4 to give it more survivability. I feel 2/4 would be the better of the two since it gives Buzzard more staying power on the field. Even 1/4 would be better than 3/2. You don't want to trade Buzzard, so giving it the 4 (or 3) health will keep it from dying to cards like consecrate and holy nova, but still succumbs to a 4 card like swipe. That way Hunters can keep their main source of draw power on the field longer and make their opponent burn a card to kill Buzzard. The UTH and Buzzard combo mana cost is so high now that you only play it into late game (and Hunter's are relatively bad. They have no real late game mobs).

For a 3/2 stat Buzzard should be at the maximum 4 mana with a stat swap to 2/3. Needless to say, UTH and Buzzard won't be played as a combo anymore, but assuming it still is, that's an 8 drop that's virtually useless unless the opponent has multiple mobs out that can give you at least 2-3 cards into the hand, and even then you're left with 2-3 hounds and 2 mana ...

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Well, Rogue has 1-card + 7-mana: draw 4 cards. Now Hunter for 2-cards + 8-mana gets on average draw 3 cards + some minions on the board. Add a timber and it's 3-cards + 9 mana: draw 4 cards + deal 6 damage + get 2 minions. The same for mage would be 4mp fireball, 1mp for a 1/1, 2mp for a 3/2 and 3mp for arcane intellect, 10mp total. Soo, I'm just saying, it's quite in line with other similar effects. Surely the example assumes you'll get the 3 cards in your hand but then again it also leaves open the bonus your opponent almost must destroy the buzzard before doing anything else.

Just my two cents on near-pointless ramble.

Anyhow enough with the UTH already eh?

Reaction score
In all fairness though, no one uses Sprint really. Of course this is also because Gadgetzan + prep combo's are really strong.

In the end though, late game I cannot justify Buzzard + UTH, simply because it's too weak. Yes with Hunter's mark you can accomplish something, but best case scenario you get to kill like 2 minions, and aside from the HM target, they can't have been that important to loose anyway.

On top of that there are other ways to deal with the board early game, traps, weapons and kill command. If anything I would prefer running shot spells, like multi shot, deadly shot, explosive shot etc, because the combo is only effective late game against a developed board, those hounds will not do much damage.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I like the nerf on buzzard. Any beast can still make the bird useful. It will definitely take more time to set up, but the card was too overpowered. Ofcourse could have been instead a 2/3, but I like it this way.

The Leeroy nerf was needed. So far, I havent seen a big change in playing him.

So far Im doing terrible in ranked. Was 12, but now 16. Cant get a good Rogue deck. Everyone keeps eliminating my monsters, whether my monsters have taunts or 6 hp. I may blade flurry too early, but board clear is very easy with a lot of classes compared to rogue. Rogues really suck against high HP monsters

Reaction score
You haven't seen a big change in playing Leeroy? 3 of his strongest combo's were killed off.

Leeroy > Shadowstep > Shadowstep, went from 8 mana to 11.
Leeroy > Buzzard > Unleash, absolutely impossible now. Leeroy Unleash is still 8, so no kill command, weapons or anything like that to finish combo.
Leeroy > Power overwhelming > Faceless, went from 10 mana to 11.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
i guess I've been lucky because I have never seen those combos, except for Leeroy + shadowstep. Miracle rogues only kill me when gaget is left on the field for more than 2 turns. I only use leeroy on the 8th or later turns, so I haven't seen a big change. A lot of people I play against pretty much run cards that wipe my board clean and finish me off with class monsters.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Well, Rogue has 1-card + 7-mana: draw 4 cards. Now Hunter for 2-cards + 8-mana gets on average draw 3 cards + some minions on the board. Add a timber and it's 3-cards + 9 mana: draw 4 cards + deal 6 damage + get 2 minions. The same for mage would be 4mp fireball, 1mp for a 1/1, 2mp for a 3/2 and 3mp for arcane intellect, 10mp total. Soo, I'm just saying, it's quite in line with other similar effects. Surely the example assumes you'll get the 3 cards in your hand but then again it also leaves open the bonus your opponent almost must destroy the buzzard before doing anything else.

Just my two cents on near-pointless ramble.

Anyhow enough with the UTH already eh?

Okay, let's say you get a 3 card draw off. That means the opponent has 3 minions on the board. Even if you draw into a timber wolf, your hounds will have 2 attack (and buzzard with 4). So you get 6 attack off on hounds and you're at the 8-10 mana stage, which means big drops should have came out depending on the deck. Unless you have a hunter's mark in your hand, I doubt you'll trade much with 3 hounds. So you're crashing 3 minions and you're left with a buzzard and a timber wolf. Hardly board control, right? There goes your 10 mana for the turn.

I suppose it's not that bad, but then again I never said it was horrible. I merely suggested the idea of buffing buzzard's stats by making it tankier. Or at the very least swap it to a 2/3, or a 1/4.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i guess I've been lucky because I have never seen those combos, except for Leeroy + shadowstep. Miracle rogues only kill me when gaget is left on the field for more than 2 turns. I only use leeroy on the 8th or later turns, so I haven't seen a big change. A lot of people I play against pretty much run cards that wipe my board clean and finish me off with class monsters.
What rank are you? Because I play against 'perfect' decks all the time, and those combo's, especially the leeroy 2x shadowstep and leeroy, power overwhelming, faceless, were seen all the time. Remember these combo's did 18 and 20 damage.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
What rank are you? Because I play against 'perfect' decks all the time, and those combo's, especially the leeroy 2x shadowstep and leeroy, power overwhelming, faceless, were seen all the time. Remember these combo's did 18 and 20 damage.

Currently ranked 14, but I was ranked 12 for a while, until I started seeing tons of control decks

Reaction score
At rank 14 you don't see too many 'perfect' decks. With perfect I mean decks that are not limited by availability of certains cards.

It's what I struggle with as well, I got quite a lot of good cards now, like Tirion, Bloodmage, Cairne, Ysera, but I'm still missing cards like Black Knight, Leeroy, Sylvana, Ragnaros and Harrison.
That said, the meta constantly shifts, whichever is popular, will get countered. Hunter was really popular for the while, but all the sudden Priest, Shaman etc decks popped up like crazy. Cards that never got used before, were all the sudden standard in every deck.

But I seen a lot of both combo's, especially since they were some of the cheapest high end decks, Miracle was often played without VanCleef, and Handlock only has Jaraxus, which doesn't get played that much either. So if you got Leeroy and some epics, you had a 'perfect' deck.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I believe warriors arent seen much because of the amount of legendaries they use. Whenever I play against one, they have atleast 4 legendaries. I have played against every class equally, but locks are probably the most abundant, then paladins.

I am surprised of the amount of Harrison's I've seen. He isnt that annoying, but its pretty interesting that he is being played.

Reaction score
Harrison is absolutely fantastic depending on the meta, I mean Harrison against Warrior, Paladin or Shaman just does so much.

Warriors definitely need the legendaries, as do Priests.What they also both got is easy removal of own minions, which works great with Sylvana's. I mean that card is so powerful if you can easily destroy it yourself, and no class can do it better than warrior, not to mention that it can work wonders with Brawl, since you always end up with a minion on board.
But yeah Warrior definitely needs Sylvana's, Grommash and Ragnaros, on top of that you really want cards such as Black Knight, Cairne and Ysera.

Warrior basically destroy you due to having nothing to counter anymore, all of those cards need to be dealt with (except Black Knight, which of course deals with their taunts), and since you got so much removal yourself, they end up with nothing. Just remove everything until turn 8, then drop the big ones and keep it up until they run out of removal.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Weakest class right now (in terms of removal) is mage. They can definitely stall by freezing and then flamestriking, but I dont think they can really destory a full board under 7 mana. They need to make a good rogue monster. Defias and SI are really situational and combosvare truly annoying when the opponent demolishes everything you put down. Stilll trying to create a rogue deckk that is consistent in wins.

Reaction score
Mage has quite a lot of removal, it's just that some cards are not valued as high, but take arcane explosion, 2 mana for 1 to all minions, add a 2 mana thalnos or geomancer to that, and that's 2 damage., so 4 mana for 2 to all, like a consecration. So small minions are no problem. Especially not with Fire Blast.

For big minions there things like sheep, fireball etc, add all of that all the frozen spells, so 3 direct damage, or freeze all and go for the 4 damage on frozen targets etc, and there should be plenty of removal.

That said though, using all that for removal, makes it harder to win, so you should do fine against aggro decks, since you can deal very well with their minions, warrior, paladins, priests can be hard, since they just stay alive, making it hard to kill them.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
i am currently trying to use cards that have effects after they take damage. Acolyte + Shiv is a nice combo to get some cards, since I have a hard time keeping a full hand. Not sure how well this will go, but hopefully I can get some good results. I have never been a fan of Miracle, but people say its the best Rogue deck.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Not sure I like shiv-on-acolyte too much. To think of it, you just spent 5 mana and 2 cards and you only just drew back those two cards and are left with a 1/2 acolyte. Surely it's card-efficient but maybe it slows you down a bit too much sometimes. Acolyte indeed works really well with warrior as not only are you overflowing with ways to deal 1 damage, you also have plenty of ways to benefit even more from it: frothing, amani, raging, acolyte, even armorsmith to name the most obvious, so coupling these you don't only spend some mana to draw a card, you also get some actual effects on the board.

Then again it's not easy to find the best balance there as obviously a deck full of 2-3mana minions and spells focused on dealing damage to your own minions for card draws and buffs is very weak if you don't get to establish board presence early and/or get cleared once.

Back