Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Shiv should definitely only be used on your own Acolyte if you desperately need to draw into a certain card. It can also be good if you need it for a combo though, like Eviscerate. Fan of Knives is definitely 1 of the best combo's with Acolyte, assuming you hit some enemy minions.
Do you forget fan of knives only damages opponent's minions?

Reaction score
Hmm, why was I under the impression that Rogue had a card that damages own minions. Weird stuff.

I never play Rogue btw, aside from getting it to level10, I never done anything with it. In fact I'm gonna check it's rank right now. :p
Yup, it's level10. My levels are:

Mage: 25
Shaman: 21
Druid: 21
Paladin: 43
Warlock: 31
Hunter: 24
Warrior: 10
Rogue: 10
Priest: 21

I never bothered with Rogue, simply because I didn't have Leeroy, figured I couldn't make it work without, besides I don't really like the way it's played.
As for Warrior, that confuses me a bit, I thought I played it more than that, especially since I got most of the cards, though like with Priest, I could really use Sylvana's and Ragnaros to make them properly work.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
So Rogues do have a few cards that allow you to damage a minion:
Predition Blade: you get a 2/2 wep that allows you ro do one damage to anyone (two damage if it is a combo)
Si7 Agent: Combo - do 2 dmg to anyone
Bacstab: do two dmg to any non damaged minion
Shiv: deal 1 dmg to any1
Evis; deal 2/4 dmg to any1

My Rogue is level 60.

Reaction score
Definitely. On Warrior it works absolutely brilliant, get a good board with ghoul, armor smith and acolyte going, and they will be scratching their head how they can not give you lots of armor and cards. :p

Back to playing Paladin, using a rush/tempo deck again, ever since Naxx the deck I used to play became really bad, which was basically a lot of charge minions with extra damage etc, thing is, that with cards like Sludge, which is run in pretty much every deck, you get countered way too hard, especially since most of the minions in that deck are on 1 health. So sludge is trading 3 cards for 1.
This deck is much more focussed on getting a hard to deal with board (deathrattles with undertakers), and some high damage.

It's good for climbing fast, since control Paladin takes ages to win, which is fun btw, but if you want to get through the ranks and go for golden hero, it's just not quick enough.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Yea. Nothing gets me raging more when a paladin heals for 12+ hp and wipes the board with pyromancer

Ive been using unstable ghoul for its early game control. In order for me to have high hp monsters, Im going to need to control the amount of damage I take in the first 4 turns of my opponent. Thats where this ghiul can come in handy.

Reaction score
I love Paladin control. I mean at a certain point they just can't win anymore, I'm just flooding the board with Sunwalkers, Belchers, Cairne etc, and they have to respond to it, all the while I'm counting their silences, Hex, Sheep etc only to drop Tirion and see them concede. :D

I mean rushing someone down is nice and all, but I like to play control, the wins are so much more satisfying, because instead of just dropping everything and going for face, you actually have to really think through your plays.

That's why I really dislike Zoo and Hunter, all you do is drop lots of minions, with Hunter you mostly just keep going face, unless you can trade easy with say hunters mark, use your bow to do a lot of face as well, use hero power, and use kill commands pretty much exclusively for face. Zoo you just spam the board oh and hey, they could kill you with say consecrate etc, oh well, let's drop a nerubian egg at turn 3-4.
I wouldn't say all those decks are unbalanced or anything like that, although Hunter is still very strong. But it's mostly just that it doesn't require that much thinking, with control you really need to bait cards out before you play other ones, with rush you just keep dropping and only thing you worry about is mass removal.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree with you there. It annoys the heck out of me when I play a priest deck that I've carefully tuned so it'll actually have a change against rush decks as well and then get the bottom 10% draw against a zoolock or something. It's just so frustrating seeing them grab an easy win and picturing the smug grin on their faces as if they'd played the game well. Now I don't mind a loss when I can honestly click "Well played" but against something that requires enough intelligence to play any cards you happen to have in your hand all the time.. there's just something there, especially knowing on an average draw it couldn't been a close match.

Reaction score
That's ranked for you really. I've noticed that when I play regular games, it's almost all control etc, people that actually really want to test their skill and all.
Most Legendary ranked people don't play anything aside from Zoo/Hunter until like rank 5, simply because it's so easy to climb with them, not to mention fast. I mean with Hunter a game is at least twice as fast, so if you have a positive win ratio, it's just better to climb, and around that rank people actually start to play the best they can, that's where people also get stuck because they are simply not good enough to climb further.

I seriously still want to get legendary, problem is that I get bored really fast of rush decks, and climbing with control takes really long, not to mention that I really still do lack 1 or 2 cards for a 'perfect' Paladin deck, and having cards like Black Knight or Harrison, is just essential in control match ups.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
So there was this one epic play made by opponent. As a rogue, you cant clear very high HP monsters, so why not summon a Molten + 2 faceless + the 3 mana card that gives taunt to adjacent minions. Rogues cant do anything against that. I really need to find a way to stop getting destroyed by high HP monsters. Everyone can pretty much remove my HP monsters quickly and Rogues cant have too many of those high HP monsters, since drawing is pretty hard with a Rogue. I hope they lower the cost of Sprint :(:

On another note, Ambusher's (Rogue Naxx Card) deathrattle is funny.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Benji have you found any solid use of the Ambusher? I find it quite funny and unreliable as well... I guess it'd work best with a deck full of combos and battlecries but the random effect feels a bit too easily played against yourself.

Reaction score
So there was this one epic play made by opponent. As a rogue, you cant clear very high HP monsters, so why not summon a Molten + 2 faceless + the 3 mana card that gives taunt to adjacent minions. Rogues cant do anything against that. I really need to find a way to stop getting destroyed by high HP monsters. Everyone can pretty much remove my HP monsters quickly and Rogues cant have too many of those high HP monsters, since drawing is pretty hard with a Rogue. I hope they lower the cost of Sprint :(:

On another note, Ambusher's (Rogue Naxx Card) deathrattle is funny.
Actually there is quite a lot removal in Rogue, problem is that not all of them are used, but to name a few:
Sap
Vanish
Betrayal
And Assasinate.

Problem is that the last 3 are not used in Miracle, however that doesn't mean they are not any good. In fact Betrayal is actually really good against most players, because it's not commonly used, which means almost no one plays around it. It's only the pro's that really play around it properly, it's not because they think "oh this guy might have it", but it's just something they do, which means they don't value Betrayal very highly, of course these are also the people that create the meta. So running it would be quite good, especially for 2 mana.

In the end though, Rogue is all about tempo, you can't win late game against control decks, you need to combo early and destroy them, it fits the class, Rogue's have always been about quickly killing people, whereas Paladin's, Warriors etc will just tank up, heal, armor etc and destroy you in a long fight.

Ambusher is imo a poop card, if you want to replay a card, use shadowstep, if you want a card to survive like Auctioneer, use Conceal, but not Ambusher. And it's not even a good 4 drop, I mean some cards have something bad, but give you lots of value, but at 4 you can yeti for 1 less damage, sen jin for 2 less damage and taunt, Twilight Drake can work well or even Master of Disguise.
I just can't see it working out.

It's definitely among the worst new class cards
I mean if you look at them:

Druid gets Poison Seeds, which can be really strong as removal from high mobs. Handlocks worst nightmare.
Hunter gets Webspinner, great 1 drop, especially with Undertaker on board.
Mage gets Duplicate, which can be really good with the right cards on board, getting a Cairne duplicated is just OP.
Paladin gets Avenge, which is great for aggro/tempo decks.
Priest gets Dark Cultist, which is absolutely fantastic and a must in every deck.
Rogue gets Ambusher.
Shaman gets Reincarnate, which can be so strong, Sylvana's Reincarnate? Yes please.
Warlock gets Voidcaller, quite powerful in zoo to get cards on the field without negative effects, like Doomguard or Flame Imp, and since Zoo can easily empty and fill their had, you can easily get value out of it.
Warrior got Deaths Bite, which is just standard in every build now, just combo's so well with Armorsmith, Acolyte, Grommash etc.

Rogue definitely got the worst one, Druid shortly after that, I mean it's viable, but not the best card.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
my arena deck is sooo op:
exclamatio - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
I actually get less wins now in arena then when I started playing. I'm guessing not only did the arena players get much better, but I pretty much only do constructed, and while I keep all the combo's in mind, none of that exist in arena, this is why I think mage is scary, because they do have a lot of removal, whereas say with Paladin it can be hard to get 2 solid combo's of like equality+consencrate, whereas in constructed this is twice in about 99% of the decks.
So I guess I play too careful, being afraid of things that are pretty much never there.

PS this is some really sick poop...

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Ahhahhaaaaa that's one of the most awesome combos I've ever seen played! I'm guessing not extremely viable to count on but fun every 1 in 100 games you get to do that :)

Reaction score
Man I'm so sad, I've tried so many Paladin decks, but it's just so bad in the meta now. I've tried like 6 different versions, aggro, tempo, control, and while it got me to level 15 without problems, but after that you get so many bad match ups. I'm not sure if Legendaries like Harrison or Black Knight would help, simply because I die long before that.

The past week there was the Seatstory cup, almost no Paladin play, and it was only played as a counter pick, and even then it was pretty bad.

Problems are just all the naxx cards, Consecration is just so weak against most minions by that time, Undertakers will be 3+ health, Lepers don't care about dying etc. Of course you can go aggro/tempo yourself, but most other classes just beat you at it.

Control is still the best way for me to win, but they are 15 minute games with about 50% winrate.

I'm just so sad now. :S

Back