Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Damn shaman play is pretty hard for me now. I cant survive the damage other classes do against me and overload really destroys me
Mage play is pretty fun, especially with duplicate and the Naxx deathrattle monster that allows a random secret to be played from your deck. That lvl 7 mana legendary monster (does 2 dmg to everyone at the end of your turn) works really well too in this deck

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Mad Scientist and Baron Geddon.

Shaman is really strong, but of course you need the right cards. Basically do you have Doomhammer(s)?

Yea. I pretty much have all the shaman cards needed to make the "perfect" deck. The only cards that I would probably like are the legendary and earth elemental. Might need to try and make this deck: .

Played the same person twice in rank yesterday. Was funny because I accidentally used a my trial Rogue deck against him and won, then used my real Rogue deck and won.

Reaction score
I never use the Earth Elemental.
I like Al'Akir, but he's not needed.

There are quite a few good Shaman decks out there, compared to the one you posted, I'm using:

-Mana Tide totem
-Zombie Chow
-Argent Commander

+Lava Burst
+Al'Akir
+Bloodmage Thalnos

Why?

Mana Tide is a 3 mana card that offers no offensive statistics, if you can't protect it, it will die instantly. Usually you only get 1 or 2 draws from it. If it does survive longer, than well you are probably winning anyway.
Bloodmage Thalnos is a 2 mana card, pretty much always gives a card draw (or they spend a expensive spell on it like silence, hex/sheep etc, which is worth it) and most important, it works so well with your spells, lightning storm, lightning bolt, earth shock and lava burst.

Argent Commander is a 6 mana minion doing 4 damage with 2 health and Divine Shield.
Lava Burst is a 3 mana spell doing 5 damage with 2 mana overload.
So why do I prefer LB over AC? First of all, AC is expensive, on top of that it's a minion, it has it's pro's, but I've found that at a certain point I lose board control in the sense of taunts, that usually happens late game, at that point you want direct damage. The overload on LB can be poop, but on the other hand, it does allow you to play much quicker, got a Druid that goes crazy on Innervates? No problem. At 6 mana I want to play Fire Elementals, not Argent.

Zombie Chow is imo completely poop, for removal you got lightning bolts etc, and since you only got 1, that ZC could easily come at turn 10, at which point it's 5 free health for the enemy.
ZC is good in 2 decks imo, control and priest. Control (mainly Paladin) because it gives you that early clear while you extend the game to the point where you destroy them, even if they get extra hp, it doesn't matter. Priest because it's control and because it works wonders late game with Auchenai Circle.

Al'Akir as a second finisher with possibly Rockbiter weapons, while not taking damage yourself, second Doomhammer can be really good though (improved chance of picking it up), personally I only got 1, so I use Al'Akir.

BTW My deck is the same (except for Doomhammer-Al'Akir) as Savjz deck, which he used to win a big tournament with, went 8-0 with it.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Im saving dust for BThalnos, since that is a very strong card. The deck I created had a lot combo moves cards, where you need to set up one turn or have a lot of mana crystals; seeing that a lot of shaman cards require overload, you can say it was pretty hard to get off a nice combo. Some combos were Mana Addict + x2 Rockbitter + Windfury (26 damage in one turn heh) and ACommander/Leeroy + Reincarnate. These are definitely some hard combos to pull off, but the thrill or the "OMGROFLCOPTER" moment is epic. The Mana Tide is pretty bad, but it makes your opponent deal with it ASAP because of what it can do. I do agree that ZChow is useless and I doubt I will be ever using that monster, unless Im playing Priest. I like DHammer more than Al'Akir and I believe one hammer is more than enough in a deck.

Reaction score
Bloodmage Thalnos need to get dealt with asap as well, Shamans are known for their spells, nothing is safe, especially not with spellpower on the board. If they do leave it up, well that's just awesome, because you can either use it to do more spelldamage, or kill it off, or both.

There are some crazy reincarnate plays, but I haven't seen it really used well yet, there are some videos of crazy Kel'Thuzad plays, but they are so hard to set up.

Zombie Chow is really quite good in Control Paladin, they lack early game and it's all about controlling the enemy until lategame, where you rofl stomp them if you are still alive. So that Zombie Chow gives you some control in the very early game, which can be essential.

1 Doomhammer is enough, but you need to draw it, that's the reason for people going for 2 of them, going 20 turns without drawing it, can cost you the game, while it's quite likely that will happen.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

New cards being released. Interesting plays with interesting randomness. May the luck be with you.

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New cards are as OP as duck and include too much RNG.

As for the current meta: Sylvanas + Reincarnate. Enough said

Reaction score
Should definitely change a lot, right now it's quite easy to predict what deck you got against you and then it's only like 6 cards that can differ. This should change it a lot more.

It definitely makes it a different game, now you just play to counter the enemy, you know what they got in their deck, but they will know what you got in your deck, so the game is about baiting cards, deciding whether or not you want to go greedy etc.
With way more decks, it's harder to predict what will happen, and thus much more risky to go greedy etc.

Of course you will always get a meta after a while, you saw that with Naxxramas, it took a while, but after a couple of months there were just some decks that were extremely popular, which is why they need to keep releasing new cards like other card games. Like every couple of months they need to look at the meta and think "how are we gonna duck this up".
With Naxxramas Sludge Belcher, Undertaker and Loatheb were the best examples of that, while other cards gave meaningful variations, like Kel'Thuzad, Shade and Spectral Knight.

Reaction score
I love when the new season starts, so many idiots to play again.

I just played as Aggro mage (which he should have known by turn 5) against a druid with 2 secrets up (mirror and counterspell, very standard) with a mad scientist and 2x 0/2 taunts on board and fireball in hand. He plays a mountain giant (I know, wtf, especially with 2 taunts on board), I copy it. I fireball his and smash my scientist in it, getting a new mirror entity, which he really should know about now what it is. What does he do, he plays a sea giant... I mean the retards... Gotta love lvl19 noobs. :D

Reaction score
So the expansion is almost here, it's coming out on the 9th. However they are already making some changes and have added (some of) the cards to Arena.
The changed cards are Flare and Auctioneer, I would advice disenchanting as many as you can miss, as you can just remake them later on.
Both were increased in mana costs, so 2 mana for Flare and 6 for the 4/4 Auctioneer.

Personally I disenchanted all of them, had 6 flares (100 dust a piece) and 2 auctioneers, 1 of them being gold (800 gold), so that was a easy 1500 that normally would have gotten me 240 dust. :D
And yeah, I haven't disenchanted anything since they announced in september that more cards were coming.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I know Miracle players will be pissed. They clearly made that deck pretty hard to win with now (Ofcourse rogues arent the only ones that use that card). I cant wait to see the new cards in action. Maybe this time the Rogue class cards will be useful

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try some Enchance-o Mechano rush decks :) (paladin will be OP)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Shaman cards are really strong. Wish they lowered some of the mana costs of the rogue cards (ccomboss can be aannoying)

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I think it's great how many more options you'll have for decks. So far it's been pretty boring to see the talk like "he has this deck or that deck", like the different types of decks are so few you can actually name them all.

Reaction score
Yeah there is lots of crazy stuff going on now. I mean sure some of the decks are just variations on older decks, but even so, it still makes it so unpredictable what people will play. Ok so you see a undertaker, what's next? It doesn't mean anymore that it's the standard loot hoarder, leper gnome, haunted creepter etc. There are just so many variations.
You can also so see that they done a lot to make certain niche decks possible, pirates, murlocs, but also things like Demonlock etc.

And then there are just completely new decks, like Mage deck that focusses on spare parts, only to pop Antonidas with a stealth part. Or mill Druid.

Definitely fun to see it all, for now I'm not making any cards, not only am I still hoping they will introduce some nerfs the coming month (which would make sense, since you usually get some 'op cards'), but I really don't want to make a card that I will get from a pack shortly after. :p

PS Got a golden Dr Boombot, pretty cool card. Can't say how good it is, but it's definitely a fun card. :D

Back