Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Re: Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

most of my deck consists of beginner cards and my rogue is lvl 12. I'm probably doing something wrong because ill be doing bits of damage in the beginning rounds and it would like a clear victory, but then i get screwed at the end w/o having any cards to defend with or do damage with.

also how do you use the chat bubbles?
Yeah you definitely need some more cards to be able to build something with proper synergy, especially with Rogue I guess it takes some specific cards together to make rest of the deck so much better. My current rogue deck builds on several cards that let you draw more cards, plenty of low cost damage spells, some minions that benefit from playing cards or minions getting damaged etc and then disables. I deploy fast and most of the time get to keep the assassinate card in my hand to be used immediately when the opponent lays a strong minion or spends several cards to buff an existing one - so ideally I always have a small minion or two on the board while the opponent has none. Since I don't really have 5+ mana minions at all (apart from a 7/5 with stealth) the opponent gets no great benefit from playing cards such as assassinate, hex, sheep etc because hey - who wants to waste one on a 2/2 critter :)

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Yeah you definitely need some more cards to be able to build something with proper synergy, especially with Rogue I guess it takes some specific cards together to make rest of the deck so much better. My current rogue deck builds on several cards that let you draw more cards, plenty of low cost damage spells, some minions that benefit from playing cards or minions getting damaged etc and then disables. I deploy fast and most of the time get to keep the assassinate card in my hand to be used immediately when the opponent lays a strong minion or spends several cards to buff an existing one - so ideally I always have a small minion or two on the board while the opponent has none. Since I don't really have 5+ mana minions at all (apart from a 7/5 with stealth) the opponent gets no great benefit from playing cards such as assassinate, hex, sheep etc because hey - who wants to waste one on a 2/2 critter :)

i try using alot of taunt cards. when i try a deck like yours, they just own me with high damage cards :\

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

i try using alot of taunt cards. when i try a deck like yours, they just own me with high damage cards :\
I used to do that, but taunt cards often aren't good for offense. So you're taking the defensive route all the way and letting the opponent set the pace for the match. Also, maybe you deploy too many minions at once and then end up with an empty hand? You shouldn't always play every minion and mana point even if you can: that way your opponent doesn't get full benefit from spells that target many minions and also they don't get to fully calculate what their best move is going to be when they don't know what else you may have in your hand - and sometimes the latter is more important than being able to block all damage as long as you're able.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

I think it'd be nice if the game allowed more than just 9 decks. I want to have a deck available for every class at all times and sometimes I feel like experimenting with very different styles which now requires me to scrap an existing good deck. Sure I can build them again more or less but I don't always remember what the core idea was and I may forget about an important card or two.. and it's just extra work anyway.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I used to do that, but taunt cards often aren't good for offense. So you're taking the defensive route all the way and letting the opponent set the pace for the match. Also, maybe you deploy too many minions at once and then end up with an empty hand? You shouldn't always play every minion and mana point even if you can: that way your opponent doesn't get full benefit from spells that target many minions and also they don't get to fully calculate what their best move is going to be when they don't know what else you may have in your hand - and sometimes the latter is more important than being able to block all damage as long as you're able.

ill try holding back some of my cards now. i also read a few guides stating which beginner cards suck (sinister strike sucks in both games for pvp it seems :( ). i did try using your method again, but less taunt cards now. So far im 1 - 0 !

just keep experimenting with different amounts of cheap and expensive cards, you will get more cool cards as you level up too, it's a little early for you to be calling on a class buff ;)

To use the greetings / taunts, right click your avatar in game.

I read that rogues were uber op in the beginning release and now are nerfed hard. I seem to always miss the chance to play a rogue when they are op :( Can you see the other persons level while you are dueling them?

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

ill try holding back some of my cards now. i also read a few guides stating which beginner cards suck (sinister strike sucks in both games for pvp it seems :( ). i did try using your method again, but less taunt cards now. So far im 1 - 0 !
Oh yeah I don't in general like those deal X damage to hero cards but I could include sinister strike in case I have several minions which have triggers for playing cards / spells and then the card's own ability of dealing 3 damage would only be an extra to my real purpose for it: a cheap 1-mana trigger to launch some buffs. These minions would include the questing adventurer (gets +1/+1 for every card you play), the violet teacher (summons a 1/1 minion for every spell), the gadgetzan auctioneer (draw a card for every spell) - of course these aren't basic cards but far from the rarest so keep playing and you'll get those :)

Master Summoner
Reaction score

its pretty fun, now that i got some combo cards xD if you have all the combo cards in your hand, its pretty much game. You can easily do 8+ damage to an opponent with just skill cards with rogues XD I also found out about the crafting thing. That really helped me out

Master Summoner
Reaction score

add me if you want to play too, my id is on the front page

added. also hunters are fun to play o_O they do alot of damage and can clear opponent monsters fairly easily

EDIT: yea i think im better with hunters, considering how easily i get back into fights. Summoning beasts 24/7 makes the opponent waste their aoes really quick xD

Last edited:
Reaction score

Well just played my first game against a actual person, beat the living poop out of him... well not really, but I was able to beat him with 1 hp when he still had 23 hp. What can I say, couple of taunt cards and he simply could not touch me anymore. :D

Plays absolutely fantastic on my tablet btw, perfect game for a touchscreen. :D

Reaction score

Well just played my first game against a actual person, beat the living poop out of him... well not really, but I was able to beat him with 1 hp when he still had 23 hp. What can I say, couple of taunt cards and he simply could not touch me anymore. :D

Plays absolutely fantastic on my tablet btw, perfect game for a touchscreen. :D

Nice! Whats ur ID dude?

Reaction score

Nice! Whats ur ID dude?
GohanSSJ #2875
I'll add your sexy butt! ;)
What tablet do you use? Tablet for 24/7 hearthstone is a tempting idea...
Microsoft Surface Pro. It's kinda expensive though to get for just this game. However you could get like a Dell Venue 8 Pro

There are a bunch of cheap Windows 8 tablets with Bay Trail (Intel Atom quadcore) available, a bunch with 8 inch screens, but also for example the Asus T100 with 10 inch and keyboard dock included.

Reaction score

I just had a game that made me cum hard.

So basically I was dragging out a match quite hard, the enemy used the ability to get all the stats on 1 unit. So I was hoping for something to destroy it, instead I got some taunt cards, until I got a card that randomly steals a minion when they have more then 4... well you can see where this is going. :D

He was able to drag it out as well with taunt cards, but when I got the 2-3 damage to all minions it was able to do 3 damage to a 3 health taunt minion and attack for the win. I had 1 health left! :D

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Master Summoner
Reaction score

I just had a game that made me cum hard.

So basically I was dragging out a match quite hard, the enemy used the ability to get all the stats on 1 unit. So I was hoping for something to destroy it, instead I got some taunt cards, until I got a card that randomly steals a minion when they have more then 4... well you can see where this is going. :D

He was able to drag it out as well with taunt cards, but when I got the 2-3 damage to all minions it was able to do 3 damage to a 3 health taunt minion and attack for the win. I had 1 health left! :D

The 1 hp wins are epic. Especially when you remove 18+hp from an opponent in one turn xD

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Rank 15, started to get rough now though, I just lost 2 against a mage and hunter, 2 of my biggest counters (they have mass aoe damage, which messes up my massive amounts of minions)

yea mass aoe that does more that 3+ damage sucks. Almost everyone has some good aoe cards (rogues and druids need their aoe cards to be set up; warlocks do damage to themselves when they use the aoe).

BTW,

imo, since there is no reward for ranking atm, I think it would best to save the gold and use it for arena entry. Win 5 games and you get more than what you bargained for.

Reaction score

At 3 it's definitely worth it as well, obviously a pack offers you a chance of a great card and other cards that you want, but assuming that you start disenchanting most of it, the dust is worth quite a bit as well.

It's also very important which character you choose and what cards, some good information can be found here, regarding characters and cards

Currently at 5 wins with 1 loss in Arena, wonder how far I will get. ;)

EDIT: 6 wins, I love how excited/anxious you can get with the next move. I just had 9 hp against a hunter, seeing 2 charge minions coming on the board, good for 8 damage, figured I was dead, but he had only 1 mana left, making it impossible to use his skill, giving me the win. :D

EDIT 2: Well 8-2 now, was on the receiving end of a Paladin most of the match, but I finally got through and when he placed 3 minions, I happened to get a 4 damage to 1 target and the others 1, add to that as a last card a 5 damage and receiving a card which gives all minions (in this case 3) +1/1 and I was able to finish it barely. :D

EDIT 3: Bastard Paladin....

Still pack + 215 gold.

Last edited:
Back