Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

yea those low hp matches gets anyone excited xD My first arena match was like that (rogue[me] vs hunter). The amount of damage we both dealt brought both of us down to 9/5 hp. In the end I won by one turn with one hp (dude did a combo and forgot his hero move needed 2 mana; i know this cuz he tried clicking the attack for 2 seconds). Arena is really fun. From the deck making to the match making, I'll be saving my gold for that now!

Reaction score

Wow I got an extremely OP Druid deck in Arena, basically I got Swipe x4 (strongest Druid card, doing 4 damage to 1 target and 1 damage to all other enemies), on top of that lots of other good ones. Let's see how far I can get with it. ;)

EDIT: Lost a game against a mage and Shaman, in the Shaman game I did not get 1 Swipe... as for Mages... they need to be nerfed soon, very soon.

And yet another mage and another loss. I seriously do not get that Blizzard is so idiotic to leave the mage up like this, every site I visit says the same thing, the mage is the most op character in Arena without a single doubt. Mages don't need synergy, as long as you pick the good cards, it's easy, add to that the most op character power, because it's ideal for low hp minions but also for popping things such as divine shields, and it's an nearly impossible to beat character.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score

Mages can be a pain when they just freeze and draw cards (Arcane Intellect is 3 crystals, so why is Sprint 7 crystals? :( 3x2 = 6) but every character can be a pain (priest healing, paladin shielding minions, druid taunting, warriors "defense is the best offense tactics," hunters beast control, rogues pressure (which i can never do ><), and warlocks... imps?)

but this has to be op (if not dealt with the next turn):
exclamatio - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Aye, mages are doubly annoying because you end up playing half your games against them so on top of being a pain to play against you get no variety in your games. Then again I wonder if this is mind it'd be a good strategy to optimize your arena decks solely against mages maybe? Tbh I don't think I lose all too often to mages actually, not greatly more than against some other types anyway.

Reaction score

I already do, in fact I don't play Paladin because he gets countered so extremely hard, Paladins are all about boosting the minions you have in play, but if they never survive until next round, boosting them has no use.
The thing in Arena is that you can't build synergy, or at least you don't know whether you will get any synergy, so you build straight damage, because that's the only thing you know for sure that can get through, but the problem is, the Mage is the king of straight damage, they get the fireballs, they get the massive aoe, they get sheep etc etc.
Mages are definitely the strongest for new players, it's not until you can craft a full deck that synergies well that the Mage falls of a bit, but even then they are strong. So until you get a deck with Legendaries etc, the Mage is an OP pick. And because Arena mostly just uses these cheap cards (haven't had a Legendary yet in my 4 runs), Mages just scale so well.

Blizzard simply fucked up and they need to deal with the Fireball of a mage, they either need Taunt to work against it, or make Divine shield immune against it, but they need to give something that makes you able to counter it, because right now the only way to take down a mage, is to throw lots of minions on the tablet, and hope they don't have the cards to wipe them off straight away, because otherwise they can just easily counter every single minion every single time.
Mages can be a pain when they just freeze and draw cards (Arcane Intellect is 3 crystals, so why is Sprint 7 crystals? :( 3x2 = 6) but every character can be a pain (priest healing, paladin shielding minions, druid taunting, warriors "defense is the best offense tactics," hunters beast control, rogues pressure (which i can never do ><), and warlocks... imps?)
But that's the thing, Divine shield gets popped by their hero power without taking a hit and Taunt has no influence. So whereas a Druid needs to attack the taunt minion and take damage, as you do with Divine shield, a Mage can just use their skill on anyone and not take any damage.

EDIT: Just checked the forums, well it's raining complaints about .

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score

ive seen flamestrike only once o_O that can be really op with +1 spell damage cards, but compared to Explosive Shot: , I think its not that bad.

Reaction score

Found another piss poor bug. So I've kicked a lot of butt with my Paladin deck, however my Hunter deck, like all others, is poop, yet it keeps giving me fights against people with much better decks... Blizzard doesn't seem to care that my deck is poop. Sad part is, that when I play my Paladin deck again, my enemies will be so weak due to me being a worse player all the sudden, that I will destroy them...

Special person Blizzard needs to have an skill level based on the character and not on your personal skill, because that personal skill means poop if you got poor cards.

Reaction score

I still see people getting the card bug where one slides under another and it can become hard / impossible to get the one you need. I keep seeing the one where your enemy plays a card and instead of staying on the board the minion hovers above your opponents hand.

The other day I was playing fireball into a 6hp opponent and the game crashed, ending my arena run -.-`

I still enjoy the game but Blizzard continue to cement their reputation for releasing broken poop and saying it's complete :p

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Just had an awesome arena run with 9-0 stats before I lost the next 3 matches. Until then it was hardly even close to a loss more than a couple of times due to being able to dominate the board in almost any situation, but then the opponents just were too good for me and had such solid decks I got finished in like 5 rounds in each game. Can't wait to get similar picks again! Talk about addiction..

Oh, there was a spiteful smith, 2 stormpike commandos and a stranglehorn tiger on top of what's visible in the screenshot. The only thing I lacked was a single high-cost card as nothing in the deck was higher than 5 mana, but I wasn't given any proper draws for that.
Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.17.2014.02.21.24 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

Single high cards without something like charge is imo pretty useless, everyone has a couple of counters in their deck, at least they should.

You're deck was a lot better than the Paladin deck I got now, it's a bit annoying when you want certain cards but you just don't get them. Knife Jugglers + Argent Defender is such a strong combo.

Anyway the more I play, the more I notice that this game is all about counters, now sure based on luck you can win from a counter, but generally speaking, a certain heroes will pretty much always loose against certain others.

I played Exy a bunch of times against his Warrior with my Paladin, lost them all pretty hard, did some games against him yesterday against other decks, won without too much of a problem.
I just feel too often that it's not my choices in the fight that makes me win or loose, but a combination of counter and getting the right cards and frankly I should not be able to predict the outcome with an 80% success rate based on my enemy and first couple of cards.

So I do like the game, but I find too many matches uninteresting, either demolishing the enemy or getting demolished.

Btw what kind of cards did you get? I've seen videos where people got amazing cards from the packs at high wins. Personally I didn't get anything special before, but who knows. ;)

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

I played Exy a bunch of times against his Warrior with my Paladin, lost them all pretty hard, did some games against him yesterday against other decks, won without too much of a problem.
I just feel too often that it's not my choices in the fight that makes me win or loose, but a combination of counter and getting the right cards and frankly I should not be able to predict the outcome with an 80% success rate based on my enemy and first couple of cards.

So I do like the game, but I find too many matches uninteresting, either demolishing the enemy or getting demolished.
Be the one demolishing so it's a little more interesting :p I think I know what you're talking about though.
Btw what kind of cards did you get? I've seen videos where people got amazing cards from the packs at high wins. Personally I didn't get anything special before, but who knows. ;)
This arena run, didn't get anything too special (but 160 gold is always nice sending you right back in! :). I've found some uber cards before including the dragons that set a hero's HP to 15 and the one making both players play in 15 seconds per turn, and just last week a golden King Krush, the hunter's badass 8/8 + rush beast.

Reaction score

So finally had the mage, but no Flamestrike, no Fireball. Now here is what's really annoying, 4 out of 5 opponents were mages...

Until Blizzard fixes these crappy mages, I simply won't play Arena again. Seriously this poop is so Ducking retarded, Blizzard can't even make a proper card game without Ducking up big time.

Some Arena stats here:

Some stats: Mage is picked most with 61% when available, has the highest win ratio with an average of 5.46 wins.

These stats are based on players who signed up to this site, so overall stats could vary. Personally I'd say it would be even better for the Mage considering it's mostly the better players signing up for those sites, and since the Mage is an easy to play hero, it would have a much higher win percentage. Of course that's somewhat of an speculation, but one I feel safe to assume.

So finally had the mage, but no Flamestrike, no Fireball. Now here is what's really annoying, 4 out of 5 opponents were mages...

Until Blizzard fixes these crappy mages, I simply won't play Arena again. Seriously this poop is so Ducking retarded, Blizzard can't even make a proper card game without Ducking up big time.

Some Arena stats here: http://www.arenamastery.com/sitewide.php

Some stats: Mage is picked most with 61% when available, has the highest win ratio with an average of 5.46 wins.

These stats are based on players who signed up to this site, so overall stats could vary. Personally I'd say it would be even better for the Mage considering it's mostly the better players signing up for those sites, and since the Mage is an easy to play hero, it would have a much higher win percentage. Of course that's somewhat of an speculation, but one I feel safe to assume.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

I got mage aswell after a long while, sadly my draws were pretty lame.. for example not a single sheep. 2 fireballs and a flamestrike though and then 2 frost bolts, but iirc that's the only potent spells I have and no minions to synergize with them. Oh well.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Im having fun playing rogue/hunter/priest xD The amount of spell damage I added to my deck helps me clear enemy minions nicely.

Arena is pure luck imo. I recently went 0 - 2 with a hunter deck with only three spell cards (B.wrath, Deadly Shot, and Kill Command). I knew I was going to do really bad with the deck, but somehow I ended up 4 - 2. I dont remember the gold amount I got in the end, but it was +90.

Mages do need a nerf, as in raise the mana crystal requirements on almost all their cards, or lower their damage. Being able to set up those minions that reduce mana cost for spells can really hurt, alot.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Speaking of mana cost on cards, don't you think it's retarded how mage has fireball @ 4 mana and does 6 damage while warrior has the same (mortal strike) except it does only 4 until the warrior is at or below 12 hp? What makes it ever more unbalanced is that warrior in general doesn't benefit that much from +spellpower minions so the card is likely to stay at that damage and it doesn't have minions who gain bonuses from casting spells..

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Speaking of mana cost on cards, don't you think it's retarded how mage has fireball @ 4 mana and does 6 damage while warrior has the same (mortal strike) except it does only 4 until the warrior is at or below 12 hp? What makes it ever more unbalanced is that warrior in general doesn't benefit that much from +spellpower minions so the card is likely to stay at that damage and it doesn't have minions who gain bonuses from casting spells..

:D mages be op like that. Jaina be out of our league.

I haven't played warrior, but compared to a rogue or hunter, mages dont need to rely on that many (or any) set ups because all their cards are cost efficient for what they are worth. I think a bit too cost efficient...

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Got another 9 wins, this time on Druid. I think I'm starting to get the hang of arena decks as it's been a long time I was left under at least 4 wins in a run.

Reaction score

nice! i still haven't got above 7 in arena yet, i'd love some tips!

just had aveeeerrry close match, was losing the whole way, it came to this as I ended my turn!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.22.2014.10.30.03 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.22.2014.10.43.32 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

And in my usual style my next game is even closer, this time a draw!

I had Ysera and took him to 5hp, I had 4hp. I cast deal 5 damage to all, as I had nothing left and he would win anyway! It shows the defeat sign, but you don't get an arena loss.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back