Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

just had a very long game ( i lost)

both of us ran out of cards and both of us had 11 hp (priest vs rogue (me)). Sadly, he kept removing my minions till I had none left. Game ended him with 11 hp (gg heals; wtb wound poison)

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Nice! A new record for me, now finished at 10 wins in the Arena. Paladin this time and I thought the deck sucked butt from game one :D

OMG my first 12 wins on a badass Shaman deck. A bit disappointed though all I got was a lousy card pack, a lousy single card plus some 400 gold, but at least I won't have to worry about gold running out anytime soon :eek:tt1:

I'm in love with those Fire Elementals now, as soon as game progressed to 6+ mana board control was pretty easy for me as I had 4 of those bastards in the deck, teamed up with an argent commander, stormpike commando and 3 hexes. Early game was the make-or-break but most games I managed by using a couple of overload spells and pairing random totems with Flametongue's just to keep the opponent under control and while delaying the game until my big guys came in. Had a couple of Rogues against me which felt definitely the hardest as they were pretty fit controlling the early game making it significantly harder for me to gain momentum even later on.

Congrats me! :star:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.25.2014.02.18.21 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.25.2014.02.30.08 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Update: Having a second look at the deck I played, I actually don't see a single card that didn't substantially contribute towards a victory at some point, also the composition of cards of different costs seems pretty good to me

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score

congratz dude! I bet you won because of that golden hogger!

Master Summoner
Reaction score

yay got my first legendary. Now to test him out (thought im pretty sure itll suck )

Reaction score

I quite like it, if you're playing a deck that's not focussed on playing lots of low HP minions, this card will allow you to constantly wipe decks that are playing a lot of minions, since it's at the end of your turn, you will be sure that it always does the 2 damage to all mionions, at which point they are forced to deal with it, either playing spells, or playing something like charge minions, if it's something that can't attack right away, it will probably end up dying to it's special.

That card would definitely be a massive problem for my Paladin deck.

Btw I can see this working well in a Priest deck, Priests lack big board clears, while they can heal and buff, so you can keep minions up next to this one.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

He's one angry man that Baron Geddon! Probably wouldn't pick him into an Arena deck though

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I quite like it, if you're playing a deck that's not focussed on playing lots of low HP minions, this card will allow you to constantly wipe decks that are playing a lot of minions, since it's at the end of your turn, you will be sure that it always does the 2 damage to all mionions, at which point they are forced to deal with it, either playing spells, or playing something like charge minions, if it's something that can't attack right away, it will probably end up dying to it's special.

That card would definitely be a massive problem for my Paladin deck.

Btw I can see this working well in a Priest deck, Priests lack big board clears, while they can heal and buff, so you can keep minions up next to this one.

the only problem is that he deals damage to your hero as well. Its pretty good though,but its hp is pretty low. It gets taken out easily.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'm uploading some of my recent videos on hearthstone :), add me up so we can play persona#1233
Also kindly hit the like and subscribe for more gameplay of Hearthstone!

Reaction score

the only problem is that he deals damage to your hero as well. Its pretty good though,but its hp is pretty low. It gets taken out easily.
That's why a Priest can handle this nicely.
As for being able to take out easily, that's ok. You play this card against a big line up of enemy minions, wipe them out, and after that they need to take it down, if they don't, you both take damage (including minions they might have played), and you can do even more damage to their hero, if they do take it down, well that's another card they can't play against a different minion.

In the end this card provides 2 things, a wipe of their minions, and a minion that they need to deal with quickly, if not, it will destroy them. Great card imo.

I'm uploading some of my recent videos on hearthstone :), add me up so we can play persona#1233

Right gonna give you feedback on each turn.

Turn 1: (or atleast the first you show us) This is plain bad. You have 3 damage and 6 health, you want to take down a minion with 1 attack and 3 health, you proceed to use a card that gives you 2 crystals (which imo isn't that good to begin with) and then you boost his damage and health. This would be fine if you were taking down a minion with 4-5 health or with a lot of damage (to make it survive), but it wasn't, since you already had taunt, you basically used 2 cards to achieve nothing that you wouldn't otherwise have. In this case he didn't have the right cards, but the Priest has several cards to wipe minions with 3 and less damage and 5 and more (Shadow Word Pain and Death), so he could have easily wiped it. Of course he could have wiped it before as well, but at least it wouldn't have cost you the extra cards. In this case, your choice has 0 advantage, it had no impact on the fight and didn't save you mana crystals, it just gave him a good chance to take it all down. PS, the well played was a bit of a troll, while he may not have had a better choice, there was nothing good about it.
Turn 2: Fine, playing Treants would have been a waste, best used as board clear.
Turn 3: Wouldn't have done that. You are using yet again a card that gives taunt, all on a minion that already has it. The +1/1 is hardly worth it. Instead I would have used your ability to kill the 1/1 minion and attack the one on the left with your shieldbearer, or use the treants. Priests can buff minions a lot, a simple minion can turn into a menace. And playing further, that's what we see, Priests can control pretty well. Though he was stupid to not attack you. Yes his minion would have died, but he needed to get through your defense.
Turn 4: Fine.
Turn 5: Fine.

In the end you opponent either played bad, or had bad cards, most decks run 2 of both Shadow Words, you took a massive risk by buffing 1 minion while having little to no advantage.

You never know what the enemy has, but it's all down to making the best choices, yes buffing that Shieldbearer could have saved his life (if he had Pain instead Death), but since you don't know that, and it's a 50/50 toss up, it's a massive risk with no logical explanation.
This is still low ranked and you can get away with it, but if you want to rank up, people will destroy you because you play these cards. I remember getting wiped so often at turn 7 against a mage, because I didn't realize that most of them have Flamestrike waiting for me, it wasn't until I started remembering that, that I played my minions around that, getting in some early pressure and playing before only cards that would survive (divine shield etc), while leaving others in my hand, to play after flamestrike.

Right gonna give you feedback on each turn.

Turn 1: (or atleast the first you show us) This is plain bad. You have 3 damage and 6 health, you want to take down a minion with 1 attack and 3 health, you proceed to use a card that gives you 2 crystals (which imo isn't that good to begin with) and then you boost his damage and health. This would be fine if you were taking down a minion with 4-5 health or with a lot of damage (to make it survive), but it wasn't, since you already had taunt, you basically used 2 cards to achieve nothing that you wouldn't otherwise have. In this case he didn't have the right cards, but the Priest has several cards to wipe minions with 3 and less damage and 5 and more (Shadow Word Pain and Death), so he could have easily wiped it. Of course he could have wiped it before as well, but at least it wouldn't have cost you the extra cards. In this case, your choice has 0 advantage, it had no impact on the fight and didn't save you mana crystals, it just gave him a good chance to take it all down. PS, the well played was a bit of a troll, while he may not have had a better choice, there was nothing good about it.
Turn 2: Fine, playing Treants would have been a waste, best used as board clear.
Turn 3: Wouldn't have done that. You are using yet again a card that gives taunt, all on a minion that already has it. The +1/1 is hardly worth it. Instead I would have used your ability to kill the 1/1 minion and attack the one on the left with your shieldbearer, or use the treants. Priests can buff minions a lot, a simple minion can turn into a menace. And playing further, that's what we see, Priests can control pretty well. Though he was stupid to not attack you. Yes his minion would have died, but he needed to get through your defense.
Turn 4: Fine.
Turn 5: Fine.

In the end you opponent either played bad, or had bad cards, most decks run 2 of both Shadow Words, you took a massive risk by buffing 1 minion while having little to no advantage.

You never know what the enemy has, but it's all down to making the best choices, yes buffing that Shieldbearer could have saved his life (if he had Pain instead Death), but since you don't know that, and it's a 50/50 toss up, it's a massive risk with no logical explanation.
This is still low ranked and you can get away with it, but if you want to rank up, people will destroy you because you play these cards. I remember getting wiped so often at turn 7 against a mage, because I didn't realize that most of them have Flamestrike waiting for me, it wasn't until I started remembering that, that I played my minions around that, getting in some early pressure and playing before only cards that would survive (divine shield etc), while leaving others in my hand, to play after flamestrike.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

To DrBenSSJ

I want to quote everything you said, I'm going to reply this way much more clearer.

Some of your opinion and speculation is True and yes I wasted some of my cards. but regardless - I want to point out my gameplay is aggressive (Shield bearer). Some player always used the same meta "Watcher Druid".

I want to create my own -
My only downfall was the "Shadow of Death", and yes its the risk I willing to take (cause my gameplay is aggressive). And in my opinion my opponent doesnt have a bad card. I knew hes waiting for his typical combo which is Lightspawn + buff.

(well in my opinion) My opponent underestimate me, He didn't knew that I have different meta. I have a combination of Charge and taunt.

By the way - your right this is just low rank, and higher rank has better playstyle etc etc. I got this rank because of the recent reset and also I got bored using my main Deck. And try something different. :)

I'll post some more - looking forward for your opinion.

Reaction score

First of all, Shield Bearer is not aggressive. Just because you had some cards to buff him, doesn't make him aggressive, he is in fact very much a control card, whereas aggressive cards are about doing quick damage and have all sorts of skills that keep them around longer or do extra damage, such as divine shield minions and harvester golems.

You're only downfall was Shadow Word? Considering you spend 3 extra cards on buffing that 1 minion, that was absolute massive risk they would have lost you the game if he had been able to wipe it.
Aggression decks are about being able to play a lot of low mana cost cards while giving you lots of minions that are hard to remove. In this case you got 1 minion with 4 cards and it was extremely easy to remove.

You're opponent did have bad cards, if he had good cards, he would have wiped you from the table. You were extremely easy to counter, especially for a Priest.

Lightspawn + buff is a typical combo yes, because if you don't wipe him, he can wipe you late game. However you didn't account for this, if you had been prepared for this, you would have kept your taunt buff cards and used them to clear fast, instead you couldn't. Again it's his bad hand that gave you the win, not your play.

What different meta? These are standard Druid cards + standard OP picks like Charge + Divine Shield, the only thing you did differently, was give a taunt minion 3 extra taunts.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

A sweet card pack! Randomed a Golden Lord Jaraxus and on top of that my last missing Murloc card which rewarded me with the bonus Murloc Old Murk-eye! I guess I need to try assembling an all-murloc deck now. Which class would you play them on? Paladin maybe for the divine shields?

Reaction score

Warlocks seem to be the popular choice, you can spam out lots of them and give them crazy boosts.

Here are 2 builds that I've been looking at.

Warlocks seem to be the popular choice, you can spam out lots of them and give them crazy boosts.

Here are 2 builds that I've been looking at.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/22537-improved-warlock-murloc-80-winrate
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15523-murlock-rwlrwlrwl-warlock-murloc

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Ah didn't even think of warlock but I get it. I ended up trying Priest which works pretty well too and then Druid which has pretty good buffs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

First of all, Shield Bearer is not aggressive. Just because you had some cards to buff him, doesn't make him aggressive, he is in fact very much a control card, whereas aggressive cards are about doing quick damage and have all sorts of skills that keep them around longer or do extra damage, such as divine shield minions and harvester golems.

You're only downfall was Shadow Word? Considering you spend 3 extra cards on buffing that 1 minion, that was absolute massive risk they would have lost you the game if he had been able to wipe it.
Aggression decks are about being able to play a lot of low mana cost cards while giving you lots of minions that are hard to remove. In this case you got 1 minion with 4 cards and it was extremely easy to remove.

You're opponent did have bad cards, if he had good cards, he would have wiped you from the table. You were extremely easy to counter, especially for a Priest.

Lightspawn + buff is a typical combo yes, because if you don't wipe him, he can wipe you late game. However you didn't account for this, if you had been prepared for this, you would have kept your taunt buff cards and used them to clear fast, instead you couldn't. Again it's his bad hand that gave you the win, not your play.

What different meta? These are standard Druid cards + standard OP picks like Charge + Divine Shield, the only thing you did differently, was give a taunt minion 3 extra taunts.

Wellplayed

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft - Warrior vs Shaman (Casual) - Raging Worgen
Some classic Raging Worgen combo

Will be posting more

Reaction score

Start with the beginning next time, you're starting now at 5 mana, we don't know what cards you picked and discarded, nor your first plays, considering you lost 6 health, I'm assuming this didn't go as planned and you don't want others to see, which wouldn't make sense since we all have good and bad starts.

Ok so his first move was really weird, I wouldn't have used that card on a full health minion like that. Simple fact is that you needed to wipe it anyway, you could have left it up, but he would have killed your taunt minion and than use the card. Also his suicide of his totem was pointless, I can't see any advantage of it, whether you had 3 or 4 health on that minion, it wouldn't have changed a thing, if you attack the taunt minion, you would die, if you don't, he would have destroyed it in the next turn with his ogre anyway. All in all 2 very bad calls from him imo.

Turn 1: Decent enough, kind of a toss up between taking the damage yourself or letting your minion take it, if I recall correctly Forked Lightning only works when there are 2+ minions on the table, but since you no other taunt minions, it's a high risk, high reward situation.
That is assuming he didn't play 2 already.
Turn 2: Fine
Turn 3: Fine as well.

Problem with Worgen is that you need to deal with them or it destroys you, this is why Worgen is so OP on Mages, the fireblast gives you that easy 1 damage to destroy them. In this case it's up for 2 turns, give you 24 damage, nothing he could have done considering the cards he had.
But like I said, the beginning of games is very important, what cards are used on what. And of course these are wins, while you can make bad choices in wins, it's the losses and the very close fights that are the most interesting to view.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

BenJ due to your hint I played around with warlock murloc decks and it does feel like it has great advantages in comparison to priest/paladin murloc decks.

The option of an extra card per turn really allows you to rush the game especially if you end up in a situation your board gets wiped at around turn 5-6.
Although in one of the two guides the author had replaced the 0/1 +health imp (whatever its name was) with the young priestess, I find the former more suited to the deck (could just be my play style though), yet the combination of having them both works reaaaally sweet for me. On priest I liked having the 1/3 card draw minion to open the game but warlock has it perhaps even better as the 1/3 comes with taunt and your card draws don't depend on having a minion to heal.

Many times I opened the game with taunt + buffer (using the +1 mana card) so by the start of turn 3 the opponent was already in serious trouble when I had the imp, a 1/4(5) taunt, a 2/1(2) buffer and the 1/2(3) murloc on the board. Someone else might play the murlocs more aggressively, but I think this way I don't rely so much on luck if the opponent is able to destroy my early murlocs.

Where these murloc decks really fall short though is against hunters with their 2 damage to enemies secret, the hound per minion spell and even the 3 damage to 2 minions is excellent in preventing a board full of buffed murlocs.

Such a fun deck to play in any case! I'd like to try a pirate deck as well but unfortunately I lack way too many cards to craft one at this point.

Reaction score

It's an aggression deck, I have 1 on my Paladin, lots of divine shields, minion buffs and of course the constant 1/1 minions. Hunters can definitely wipe the tablet quite easily with hounds and the +1 extra damage to all minions, making it impossible to keep your minions alive.

But hey, the same goes for Paladins, they get consecration at 4 mana and does 2 damage, even if you get lots of health, I can use a card to put all health to 1, wiping your side with that consecration.

There will always be counters, but Murlocs do scale well together.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_4.7.2014.12.30.07 - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums
That feeling when you know you're fucked. :D

Well got finally beaten in ranked after 9 wins, didn't get the right cards for early pressure, plus what I did get was wiped early, then he got ragnaros, next turn he made a copy of it.. yeah got royally fucked. :p

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back