Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard

ragnaros + copy is very fun indeed.

I am currently using a Rogue deck with almost half of the cards allowing me to draw another card. Its pretty fun to keep drawing and pressuring the opponent :D Dont know why people dont use shiv

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

ragnaros + copy is very fun indeed.

I am currently using a Rogue deck with almost half of the cards allowing me to draw another card. Its pretty fun to keep drawing and pressuring the opponent :D Dont know why people dont use shiv
Well card draws always lack something else.. it won't be considered a victory to have 10 cards in your hand when the opponent has beaten you to 0hp by turn 6 :D

Reaction score

True. Which is also the problem with decks that force on board wipes, if you invest too many cards, you will just end up reacting to everything they do, since aggression decks are build around the idea that you can't instantly remove their cards (divine shields, deathrattles etc), you end up lacking proper offense. This is also why I hate the mage, has lots of aoe board clears and with the fireblast, there is just so much while not needing to give up much.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Well card draws always lack something else.. it won't be considered a victory to have 10 cards in your hand when the opponent has beaten you to 0hp by turn 6 :D
thats too hard to do! (10 cards in hand). My 3+ mana cards can handle 1-2 damage and live to the next turn. I agree that cards like Novice Engineer and Loot Hoarder can suck when opponents can destroy them with little effort, but the effort they put to kill it delays them one turn (mana use for spells)

True. Which is also the problem with decks that force on board wipes, if you invest too many cards, you will just end up reacting to everything they do, since aggression decks are build around the idea that you can't instantly remove their cards (divine shields, deathrattles etc), you end up lacking proper offense. This is also why I hate the mage, has lots of aoe board clears and with the fireblast, there is just so much while not needing to give up much.

I really hate when they do wipe my minions, but after adding some good +4 hp cards that withstand most AoE, wipes haven't troubled me. The only thing that has given me trouble is dragging fights on (druids and their op 6+ hp cards)

Reaction score

Ok this card is beyond fucked up, wtf is blizzard thinking. Just got completely destroyed by it:

Basically he's nearly impossible to take down unless you have the right card, and since the enemy constantly gets more fireballs, there is just no way to play your minions to take him down.

Blizzard has shown their stupidity here, the 1 character that can clear the board so extremely easily, has got a legendary that scales extremely hard with that board clear, to destroy you with 17 damage per turn from 2 fireballs and the minion itself...

Ok this card is beyond fucked up, wtf is blizzard thinking. Just got completely destroyed by it: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Archmage_Antonidas

Basically he's nearly impossible to take down unless you have the right card, and since the enemy constantly gets more fireballs, there is just no way to play your minions to take him down.

Blizzard has shown their stupidity here, the 1 character that can clear the board so extremely easily, has got a legendary that scales extremely hard with that board clear, to destroy you with 17 damage per turn from 2 fireballs and the minion itself...

Master Summoner
Reaction score

lol wow gg blizz. Thats waaay too op. The amount of mana needed to use fireball was op; now theres a card that allows you to do it multiple times rather than just 2 times in a game...

Reaction score

It's been around forever and hasn't been changed once. This was the first time I've seen him, and since I'm not a mage player, I've never paid attention to it.

It's just so strong, it's not just spells, but also secrets and even The Coin that works with it, so wait until 10 mana, and you can get 2 fireballs in the same turn, have him survive and that's 4 fireballs you have for sure.
The Paladin one is OP as well, good stats and when it dies, you get a 5 damage weapon with 3 durability, not as good as a fireball imo (fireball can be used against minions without taking damage, and cannot be removed), but still extremely strong.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

As a 7- instead of 9-drop I don't see much reason not to include that card in every mage deck I have (if I only I had the card), which is just saying the card is too good. Just add a spoonful of Sorcerer's apprentice and you can spam 3 regenerating fireballs every turn - ahem, well the one turn that the game will actually last then.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

I've started getting more into normal play (instead of arena) lately myself, still somewhere at around rank 16 but it's only rising pretty fast. Had one of the most annoying games yesterday on rogue against another rogue with a very similar deck to mine which resolved to my bad draws as out of the first 10 cards I don't think I had more than 2 or 3 minions. I need to check my minion-spell balance to make sure this happens less often but that was really unlucky even as my deck stands now.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Oh man I just laughed so hard. This dude played Leeroy while I had a Knife Juggler active, so Leeroy gives me 2x 1/1 minions now even though there were 3 targets, he received both, and since he's 6/2... :D
Sweet! :D Random factors ftw!

Master Summoner
Reaction score

WTF! The damage for ! atleast its a 10 mana card (Patch 1.0.0.4458 (2014-1-16): Now costs 10 (up from 8).). Anyways, had my quickest match ever. Killed someone in only 5 turns!

On a side note, wth happened here?
exclamatio - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score

They have a failsafe in where if there's something wrong with the server/current game something wacky will happen. Before the NA Servers crashed i drew a eaglehorn bow as a pally and one shot my opponent and then got that message about sprites working on the game.

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

Had a pretty sweet start for a rogue game just now:

Turn 1: coin + amani berserker
- opponent unable to play a minion
Turn 2: shiv on the berserker
- opponent unable to deal with the berserker, plays a 3hp blocker
Turn 3: abusive sergeant +2 on the berseker, eviscerate destroys blocker
- opponent plays the 2/3 golem
Turn 4: cleric to +1/+1 the berserker (golem unable to destroy it now)
-> the berserker has whacked the opponent down to 12hp by now

After that the game got more difficult as he was able to deal with the berserker finally. Afterwards came to think if the berserker had been worgen infiltrator, this would've been exactly 30 damage making it a 4-turn KO. :tongue:

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Had a pretty sweet start for a rogue game just now:

Turn 1: coin + amani berserker
- opponent unable to play a minion
Turn 2: shiv on the berserker
- opponent unable to deal with the berserker, plays a 3hp blocker
Turn 3: abusive sergeant +2 on the berseker, eviscerate destroys blocker
- opponent plays the 2/3 golem
Turn 4: cleric to +1/+1 the berserker (golem unable to destroy it now)
-> the berserker has whacked the opponent down to 12hp by now

After that the game got more difficult as he was able to deal with the berserker finally. Afterwards came to think if the berserker had been worgen infiltrator, this would've been exactly 30 damage making it a 4-turn KO. :tongue:

that is one lucky 4 turn you got there. I can't even think of doing that due to all the silences and one shot spells that other classes always use against me. I've been using cold blood and I really like how it changes the out come of a fight in my favor. Either you deal with that minion now or die! Also, I'm trying a new deck now. A lot less card drawing, but more "powering up." Any suggestions to what I should change?

exclamatio - [PC] Hearthstone - open beta card game from blizzard - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
It's crazy to think what a huge balance change it would be if they dropped the mana cost of Druid of the Claw by one mana, if i wasn't limited to 2 a turn i would've won so many more games

i went 4-3 :(

Back