Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

What do you think about Kingdom Heroes coming back?

• It's a great game, I really want it back.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Would be cool if it's gonna be back.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't really care that much, but it's ok.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone Gaming Section! Boooyahh.

I've been looking for some games last month that were closed for unknown reasons and then Kingdom Heroes showed up, I'm in contact with AeriaGames to talk about a license for Kingdom Heroes.
But this will take a big investment and pretty much time, so I would like to know how populair the game is gonna be if I will be able to get it back, then I will know if I can better just cancel it or do anything to get the license.

Please use the poll above to vote.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Re: Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

Funny, how on the poll there is no option explaining that the game is bad. Game looks typical and the game looks damn old. If you were to look for a game which could instantly get a hit, then probably go look for those types of games that are unique and mid-gen.

Reaction score

Never heard of it, so it can't be that popular. I watched a video and it seemed pretty generic and crap. The graphics looked like they were unreal 2 engine or similar, so point to it being ancient. There were some really bad systems, the auto run for one, which just makes the player less of a player and more of a passenger. But I did like the look of the soldier system, that could be interesting, and it at least has a talent tree which is more than some cheap games offer. The ingame font should seriously be given a look at, it just looks bad. It's a basic thing, and they just got it completely wrong.

Reaction score

THanks for the feedback, I think this game isn't really wanted by people. Haha

Well there is always a reason why companies fail. On the bright side, if you have the power to make vast changes you can turn it around. Look at how many companies have gone bankrupt, been bought out, and are now successful. If you have access to the source of this server, it's entirely possible you could fix the issues and reforge the game into something awesome. I've given my limited advice based on a 15min intro video I watched, I'm sure if you have played it you have more than enough problem areas you'd want to fix. It just needs someone to look at it critically, even if you liked it, how will the player base perceive it? Remember, if you like the game currently, you are in the minority, or the game wouldn't have failed.

Staff member
Reaction score

mm i'll get some more polls spreaded on the internet, Because you got a point there, my server is monthly not gonna cost that much that I will go bankrupt, and I guess im pretty good at listening to people when it's about improvements and suggestions. I'll give it a try when I have atleast 1000 people that would like to see it back.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I was a beta player of this game, i will admit it wasn't perfect in the systems, but it offered 3 way battles twice a week, custom taxes on cities taken over by guilds. The soldier function allowed players to level up while afk, but at cost of their soldiers loyalty which was hard to get up without buying items from Aeria which was poop, i was a f2p player and was unable to buy the items from the system, instead i had to shuffle out about 10k per item, and since i was a Tactician, i had 6 soldiers i was shuffling out the loyalty for, but allowed for safer combat. at most you could level up 10 times a night at lower levels, depending on soldier and parties. The weapons were pretty basic, but the thing i loved most of the game is that it was based off the 3 kingdoms, Wei Wu Shu. I would love to see this game with a better auto route system and especially different chat colors because that hurt my eyes.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Im probably a bit late but i'll mention my opinion anyway, KH is the only MMO that ive been playing for 5 yrs or so, all other games ive played i played for a year and quite, despite what few ppl metioned before KH is the ebst game ive ever played now if its worth coming back or no id vote yes, the reason is pretty obvious the only reason this game close at aeria is a fail manegment, this still has 4 version running atm, indonesian taiwan vietnamese and thai, except the thai version ive played all, i stilll play the indo version sibce the client is an english client so its easy to handle, other client is not easy to play if u dnt know the local language.

ow the reason this game worth bringing it back is if u manage it well ts a very good game and fun to play if u look at indo version for example they have 3 crowded server, taiwan also got 2-3 server i dont know much about the other versions cause i dont play them, so bascily if the company that runs the game is a good company then the game will be a success, aeria failed badly all they wanted is to make big money in short time now we all know that companies wanna make profit but what they actually did is denying the game for the players who cant spend 000's of $$ on the game, they modified too many gears that basicly killed the game experience, if anyone would like to play the game again id recommend to play either the indo version or taiwan version and if we get an english server in the future i guarantee that myself with many friends will be there, till/if thats happen i'll be at indo version ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This game was one of the best games I've ever played, even though it had its flaws... it can still be very successful if managed properly, despite its age. Just look at the Indonesian and Taiwan servers...they still thrive. And you can make money off cosmetic items and other quality of life items.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

It is a great game. people who never play and don't know the history would just look at the graphic and some video and say the game is crap. those who have played would only understand. not best graphic but game is all about how the system work. its fun its great should bring it back. I have played other games with really awesome graphic but game play not so good. and require more than full time (8hrs/day) to be on game in order to keep up with friends and others. KHgamer25 pretty much cover most of the pros and cons that player saw in the game. just re read his post carefully and fix it I know it will work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

The reasons why I played it for years was able to AFK grind. KHgamer said it perfectly for more detail of the game. I played other games like FF14 online, AIon, Path of exile and they can't grasp a balance.
The balance is not having too much graphics, one-sided war. It's very similar to guild wars 2 but without the boring quests and able to find rare items. The Community also made it great to play as most games have trolls.
it can be improved greatly to be a simple mmorpg.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

It is a great game. people who never play and don't know the history would just look at the graphic and some video and say the game is crap. those who have played would only understand. not best graphic but game is all about how the system work. its fun its great should bring it back. I have played other games with really awesome graphic but game play not so good. and require more than full time (8hrs/day) to be on game in order to keep up with friends and others. KHgamer25 pretty much cover most of the pros and cons that player saw in the game. just re read his post carefully and fix it I know it will work.

That was actually my original post on AeriaGames website. It was just copy and pasted by him. But enough of that, I loved this game and I still love it. The only problem is that Aeria got money hungry and destroyed it with GM items. Taiwan servers are successful and makes a butt ton of money. Source: I played the TW version and spent hundreds. This game would be very successful if it were to return.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I can say I agree 100% with KHGamer25's post, it addresses most of the issues that killed the game in the long run. Another thing could be later game drop rates for items felt like they were to low.. As I spent many hours(weeks even) trying to get things that just never dropped. This factor + the ones in the above post are pretty much the reasons I stopped playing... Its fun to lose if you had a chance to win.. It isn't fun to lose when you never had a chance to begin with and never will.

If the game were to be re-released I would be willing to give it a second try.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I joined a couple months after the open beta launch, it was alot of fun and i met a lot of people. As Caprontos and Bed said, the GM items really messed up the game and I would like to have this game back. It was an experiance you cant get from other games. No game has a open map with mulitple bosses or HI instance hall or Kingdom wars or a unique interface. Of course its out dated in graphics but it was worth the time and effort many of us put into. The drop rate on some of the items should be increased since it was rare to find.

I too will vote for this and give it a second chance.

DriftCity - [PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This game was THE BEST MMO i have ever played i started about a month after CB and it was nothing short of a whole new world of gaming for me tho it was only my 2ed MMO game i have yet to ANYTHING like it! KHgamer25 (a.k.a.Bed) said it all there is a few minor things that could be easily fix and keep that crazy OP GMgear shi* out of the game and i as well as many other with out a doubt would happily come back ! I see this thread was started a while back now and not many recent posts till now i hope you have not given up on this idea it will truly make you RICH!!
~SuperSayin~a.k.a~Devastation~

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello, I just recently joined and saw that you were trying to reopen a game a while back, named Kingdom Heroes, many people played this game, but because of how AeriaGames runs there games (they close a lot of good games because they can't run them)

A little while ago you guys shut down a game that was so incredibly good that it has forced people into downloading versions from other continents to continue playing this amazing game. There was only on reason why the game wasn't as successful as you guys intended it to be and the game died out because of it. The Item choices that you guys released just unbalanced the game so hard that is was unplayable. Now I'm asking you guys for a better start! A way to fix it and re-release a game that is enjoyable and bound to attract and KEEP a lot of players. The game that I'm talking about is Kingdom Heroes. Here are some good reasons why this game outshines a lot of the other games that are played and some ways to better the game as the Indo and Taiwan people have!

Reasons why this game outshines others!

1. The Biggest Reason!

Afk Grinding. Not many game have this feature and I'm sure a lot of people miss this the most about Kingdom Heroes. It is so you can keep up with all your friends while your at school or bust working to maintain a stable lifestyle. It allows you to live your life and be able to grind while doing so and not fall so far behind that you'll be bored out of you mind questing alone! As boring as it seems, the fact that Kingdom Heroes allowed you to multi client gave you something to do while your account levels and accumulate gold while doing so. I'm sure a lot of people were able to enjoy the game because of this very reason and is something that would make people stick around and spend money on the game.

2. Boss Hunting!

One of the other amazing fun things to do on Kingdom Heroes is grabbing a bunch of friends and going out and hunting for rare items! The items drop rates were fairly low but that kept the game interesting and a lot of people enjoyed doing this because it was so productive and a very good way to earn gold/exp. Many other games do not have open bosses scattered across the map while having fun instances for extra gold/drops. I would spend hours a day just hunting for great items and even if I didn't get any big drops It was still very rewarding for how much fun I was having with the merits that I've earned. World bosses that spawned and made everyone group up and take them down just made the game so much fun because of how many people showed up to get drops. Martial Spirits that everyone loved to compete to dominate in the wars that went on. So much action and fun packed into this game that everyone love so much.

3.Open World Wars!

Another great aspect of this wonderful game! War's against 3 factions and fighting for City's against other guilds. Defending your city for the last few minutes of war and the suspense of trying to save your city that you worked so hard on taking over! This was one of the most amazing things about Kingdom Heroes. Groups of people fighting together as a team and the way people strategized how to ninja or capture a city without the other guilds knowing to keep them in the fight just completely makes this one of the greatest games of all time. Trying to be the best of the best and making sure you'r one of the most powerful fighters to dominate the war rankings makes people thrive on this amazing game and want stick around and play longer. There is nothing to not love about Kingdom Heroes.

The only reason the game died!

The game started out great, Closed beta held thousands of players that loved the game and couldn't wait for the release. The game finally comes out and everything went smooth for the first few months of the game. Everything was enjoyable people loved it, I would see hundreds of people at war trying to knock down our city gate but that all changed when you guys decided to release GM items. The game was just to easy for people who spent money on it. Everyone decided to quit because someone 20 level's below them can kill you with no problem as long as he spent hundreds on the game. The prices for the items were to hard to keep up with and the stats pretty much made them Kingdom Hero Gods! Item's Like these made the game to hard to keep up and players decided to quit the game.

DriftCity - [PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online? - RaGEZONE Forums

In the Indo server as the well as the Taiwan server, these items do not exist. These items never took over the game and made people leave it. In there servers people enjoyed working for what they've earned and no one complains. That is why they are so populated and make tons of money that they can even host million doller prize pool tournaments that they hold over in other continents. This game can still make it and we can fix this game very easy and you guys can still make a ton of money off of it while not having to sell such overpowered Items.

What we can do to fix this game!

1. Reopen the game?

This game can still work out, there is no reason this game should be shut down. It is one of the best mmorpg's out there today and you guys can still make a great amount of money if we just did it right this time!

2. Remove the GM item's

Don't make such overpowered items that shouldn't exist in a game that take someone skill to play. Keep to the basic's and the Item mall will be just fine. People still need to buy there items for upgrading and that still keeps the game alittle fair for other players. People will still be able to fight others and not have to worry about the extra GM stats added onto players item's/weapons.

3. Change back the stats on pots!

At first when kingdom heroes was released the pots that were sold healed for 700 - 1000 depending on the items. In one patch the game got bugged and they healed for 3x as much. When I reported the problem you guys left it be and then people couldn't afford to keep up with the pots spamming in wars. It was perfect the way it was. We could just leave it at that and people will enjoy it more.

4. Fix the AFK grinding!

The only way people were able to Grind on Kingdom Heroes was to make a tactician and use them as bots to get exp. In the other servers they have an autobot system that helps other classes to sit and afk farm all they want! This will for sure keep people into the game because the people that could not multi client quit because of how hard it was to level without playing a tact! If you guys fix the auto bot more people will spend money on pots to keep there characters alive while they AFK overnight for exp!

5. Fix loyalty!

There needs to be easier ways to get loyalty items for your troops because at a certian point in the game, people who do not spend so much on the game lose there troops from lack of loyalty. They begin to drop at such a fast rate that it's not easy to keep them up and running. We can add more ways to obtain loyalty but also keep it at a point as to where people still have to work for it or buy Item mall items!

6. Balance Fencers stats A little?

We all know that the fencers in the early stages of Kingdom Heroes were one of the worst classes to play. If you guys just adjust them a little bit for the early stage of Kingdom Heroes they can we play a lot more often. People love playing archer classes in the game. They just need a few adjustments to make the keep up with the other classes.

Some Kingdom Heroes Footage!

Conclusion

Please consider this Aeria. This was one of the best game's you guys have ever released, the game can be so huge if you guys just gave it another chance! If you guys please listen or think about this thread you guys can see how much your fans loved the game and how much better it can be. This game can be one of the most successful mmorpg's that is out. Just have a complete wipe and make the game available again and people will play it. I promise you Aeria, this can be something big if it were just fixed a little!

The other companies that use this game have had it going for a very long time and its still one of the most populated games that they even have to make more servers, but many cannot speak the language that they use, Kingdom Heroes In English was the best game out there, until of course AeriaGames was throwing in all the items that you had to pay for, and it corrupted the game making it Pay 2 Win, to the point of where Free users couldn't stand a chance, the link for the petition is:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1604597
If you see this through and overlook it again, I really do not think you will be in regret, as many people played it, and it was a great game, Thank you for reading this and have a wonderful day! :)

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm currently talking about the license, it's a long process and isn't just something that is done quickly, it will also require a lot of time and money to get it up and running.

I need:
-A Developer
-DDoS Protected servers
-a brand new website for Kingdom Heroes
-Advertisement
-Staff to take care off problems etc..

It requires a lot of planning and im not even sure yet if it's all gonna work out like I want it to be.
I had some people already posting me they want to sponsor hosts etc..but I can't let a random person host my servers. I hope there is more news about this next week.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thanks drift, ill keep posting this to facebook to get people to vote for etc and hopefully get some help on the need list you have.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello, this was an amazing game and I would love to see it back!

I've been pre-alpha, alpha, and beta testing for the last 5 years, let me know if I can help :)

Edit: Also was in open beta with kingdom heroes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back