Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

What do you think about Kingdom Heroes coming back?

• It's a great game, I really want it back.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Would be cool if it's gonna be back.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I don't really care that much, but it's ok.

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

zh1nt0

check out on youtube.com type in the search bar khElectro, he has tons of videos on there of how the PvP is in Kingdom Heroes

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Well I can see lots of people would like to see it back, but it's gonna cost loads of money. Not sure if I want to pay for the license. I might just try to buy private server files.

Hey Drift, When Aeria GMs first told me that the shutdown was planned, I discussed with a player, Johnnystang, about the licensing. I believe he posted in this thread (if it's really him of course), talk to him since it seems he's still interested.

Private server files are great but getting them from Aeria would not be recommended, towards the end of the relationship with Aeria and UserJoy the quality of what was provided by the developer was noticeable less. Not just from a end product point of view, but from the code itself and the level of care a dev team should have with release code.

I'm currently talking about the license, it's a long process and isn't just something that is done quickly, it will also require a lot of time and money to get it up and running.

I need:
-A Developer
-DDoS Protected servers
-a brand new website for Kingdom Heroes
-Advertisement
-Staff to take care off problems etc..

It requires a lot of planning and im not even sure yet if it's all gonna work out like I want it to be.
I had some people already posting me they want to sponsor hosts etc..but I can't let a random person host my servers. I hope there is more news about this next week.

In order of your points:
  • You're going to need someone whom is familiar with BigWorld Tech
  • Always fun getting these together, I'm sure you already know what to do.
  • This is a major part of what I do for a living, if things are set to take off I can assist. I should still have alot of the production artwork from back when I did the fansite kit for Aeria, and can procure more recent work.
  • Same as above.
  • I probably wont have the time personally, but most of the people you see have posted in this thread would be fine, with some having the experience of doing it at Aeria along with myself.

Now, my chief concern is that if you're picking up where Aeria left off, while thats a good amount of game to be had, the end game was non-functioning and thus miniscule. While I do understand people wanting the AFK system back, starting out may be too much of a load on the server. There is a lot of potential in the game, it just needs to be done right, with a clean slate. If it was possible to get a more updated version than what Aeria had (e.g. balancing issues, vanity, end game, etc), that's what would be best for the long term, and profitability.

Drift, I'll try to assist when and where I can, feel free to PM for contact info.

Staff member
Reaction score

Hey Drift, When Aeria GMs first told me that the shutdown was planned, I discussed with a player, Johnnystang, about the licensing. I believe he posted in this thread (if it's really him of course), talk to him since it seems he's still interested.

Private server files are great but getting them from Aeria would not be recommended, towards the end of the relationship with Aeria and UserJoy the quality of what was provided by the developer was noticeable less. Not just from a end product point of view, but from the code itself and the level of care a dev team should have with release code.

In order of your points:
  • This is a major part of what I do for a living, if things are set to take off I can assist. I should still have alot of the production artwork from back when I did the fansite kit for Aeria, and can procure more recent work.
  • Same as above.
  • I probably wont have the time personally, but most of the people you see have posted in this thread would be fine, with some having the experience of doing it at Aeria along with myself.

Now, my chief concern is that if you're picking up where Aeria left off, while thats a good amount of game to be had, the end game was non-functioning and thus miniscule. While I do understand people wanting the AFK system back, starting out may be too much of a load on the server. There is a lot of potential in the game, it just needs to be done right, with a clean slate. If it was possible to get a more updated version than what Aeria had (e.g. balancing issues, vanity, end game, etc), that's what would be best for the long term, and profitability.

Drift, I'll try to assist when and where I can, feel free to PM for contact info.

Sounds like a plan to me, I will NOT do it like Aeria did, I will balance the game and I will not make it Pay to Win, I will have to come up with great ideas to cover server costs, we are looking at like 500-1000$ a month for the servers. Maybe even more depending on the load.

Pmed you :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Sounds like a plan to me, I will NOT do it like Aeria did, I will balance the game and I will not make it Pay to Win, I will have to come up with great ideas to cover server costs, we are looking at like 500-1000$ a month for the servers. Maybe even more depending on the load.

Pmed you :)

The people that played and continue to play paid over the $500-$1000 a month, and for the staff part, myself and many others can take care of the problems, most of us being experienced with the game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

500-1000$ is not much some ppl used to spend that per week, even someone like me who is not a heavy spender spends 100$ a month on this game, with the amount of ppl that wanna play its pretty easy to cover the cost and make profit

id suggest not to take files from aeria, i played 3 other versions other than aeria and they have more updated client and the game is a lot better

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I think johnny could pay for it and the rest of us could help by donating to the game to keep it up

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Yea a good portion of the players left from the end were still pretty good spenders on the game. I had stopped but only because I could see where Aeria was going with the game at a certain point so I stopped spending and quit for a bit. But I came back and played till it closed still not spending money because of the way Aeira managed things.

In order of your points:
  • Same as above.

Hello BlkPanda any idea if the files are eventually taken from Aeria's instead of another how would you know how difficult it would be or not to implement the Auto afk for warriors/Conj? I totally understand the version we played under Aeria lacked some features but not sure how easily they may be corrected. Also how much of a load is the AFK system on a server if you know offhand.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

The people that played and continue to play paid over the $500-$1000 a month, and for the staff part, myself and many others can take care of the problems, most of us being experienced with the game

Yes most of us have some good knowledge of the game already and are willing to help out with the problems and a lot of stuff like Wiki for the game already exist so that's a plus point. :p

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I was one of the GameSages for Aeria's version of KH, along with BlkPanda and some others, and would be willing to help out if needed, when I'm not working.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Yea a good portion of the players left from the end were still pretty good spenders on the game. I had stopped but only because I could see where Aeria was going with the game at a certain point so I stopped spending and quit for a bit. But I came back and played till it closed still not spending money because of the way Aeira managed things.

Hello BlkPanda any idea if the files are eventually taken from Aeria's instead of another how would you know how difficult it would be or not to implement the Auto afk for warriors/Conj? I totally understand the version we played under Aeria lacked some features but not sure how easily they may be corrected. Also how much of a load is the AFK system on a server if you know offhand.

Hey Luc, good to see ya. If the files had to be taken from Aeria, I can't say for sure, since the system was removed from the base version of the game that we started with at Aeria and each subsequent major update that included updates to that system had to be tweaked as well. The best case scenario is to get files directly from UserJoy, after that the Indonesian server as it's in English (I think?) and further ahead in content than Aeria was.

As for the server load, I can't say for sure. But to keep it simple, each active client will take up resources and with no limit on multi clienting except the hardware of the user it can add up quickly. I could run 16 clients

Yes most of us have some good knowledge of the game already and are willing to help out with the problems and a lot of stuff like Wiki for the game already exist so that's a plus point. :p

The wiki that we all worked on at Aeria is gone. I do remember one of the French players making a backup of sorts.

f793
Reaction score

Game looks pretty cool :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

+1 to panda... XD. The game would really need improvement in certain areas to blossom, rather than one that squeaks by thanks to a few loyal players.

I'll be keeping my eye on this. I would definitely give KH a second go, as would several others I'm still connected to. If the project does move forward, I could most likely spark quite a lot of interest(multiple guilds). Not before though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Major issue with getting server files directly from UJ would be translating the amount of text to English. Indo version uses english characters to display Malay so its not really English client. But I assume that UJ will provide translation tools for the text files anyway

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Major issue with respect to getting server files directly from UJ would be translating the amount of text to English. Indo version uses english characters to display Malay so its not really English client. But I assume that UJ will provide translation tools for the text files anyway

What do you mean by major issue with respect? sorry dont understand it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

fixed whatever I typed =]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Oh god I forgot how forums work LMFAO. +1 to what everyone said here, and I'd be willing to help with the game and what not while I'm recovering. If not, at least give my moral support to those who are helping put this together again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thanks for your post guys, its good to see some veterans return :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey Glennecia long time no speak.

Although I doubt anything will ever come of this whole thread or idea but if I'm mistaken, and I hope that I am, I think a large point we're overlooking is how lackluster the AGE admin tool was for KH. Like BlkPanda noted above, the ailing relationship between AGE and UJ was so apparent to the players that it was almost a joke how awful the quality was for each patch update we received. AGE pretty much took it in stride by selling "power ups" through promotional sales until they decided to close it down.

As another ex-GS of KH I'd be willing to offer time and money after I see that the ball gets rolling. Feel free to PM me if necessary.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Appears the whole idea of bringing KH back has already fizzled out. At least it was nice seeing a lot of old familiar names come back together. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back