View Poll Results: What do you think about Kingdom Heroes coming back?

Voters
390. This poll is closed
  • It's a great game, I really want it back.

361 92.56%
  • Would be cool if it's gonna be back.

21 5.38%
  • I don't really care that much, but it's ok.

8 2.05%

[PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ModeratorRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    /NapTown/Location
    612Posts

[PC] Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hello Ragezone Gaming Section! Boooyahh.

I've been looking for some games last month that were closed for unknown reasons and then Kingdom Heroes showed up, I'm in contact with AeriaGames to talk about a license for Kingdom Heroes.
    But this will take a big investment and pretty much time, so I would like to know how populair the game is gonna be if I will be able to get it back, then I will know if I can better just cancel it or do anything to get the license.

Please use the poll above to vote.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Michael
    Last edited by Shoelace; 27-04-14 at 01:52 AM. Reason: No thread tag.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    3,981Posts

Re: Kingdom Heroes - Would you like to have it back online?

Funny, how on the poll there is no option explaining that the game is bad. Game looks typical and the game looks damn old. If you were to look for a game which could instantly get a hit, then probably go look for those types of games that are unique and mid-gen.

LegendRank
    Mar 2003 Join Date
    UKLocation
    9,012Posts

Never heard of it, so it can't be that popular. I watched a video and it seemed pretty generic and crap. The graphics looked like they were unreal 2 engine or similar, so point to it being ancient. There were some really bad systems, the auto run for one, which just makes the player less of a player and more of a passenger. But I did like the look of the soldier system, that could be interesting, and it at least has a talent tree which is more than some cheap games offer. The ingame font should seriously be given a look at, it just looks bad. It's a basic thing, and they just got it completely wrong.
    People don't like to be meddled with.
    We tell them what to do, what to think. Don't run, don't walk.
    We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right.
    We're meddlesome.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    /NapTown/Location
    612Posts

THanks for the feedback, I think this game isn't really wanted by people. Haha

LegendRank
    Mar 2003 Join Date
    UKLocation
    9,012Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DriftCity View Post
    THanks for the feedback, I think this game isn't really wanted by people. Haha
    Well there is always a reason why companies fail. On the bright side, if you have the power to make vast changes you can turn it around. Look at how many companies have gone bankrupt, been bought out, and are now successful. If you have access to the source of this server, it's entirely possible you could fix the issues and reforge the game into something awesome. I've given my limited advice based on a 15min intro video I watched, I'm sure if you have played it you have more than enough problem areas you'd want to fix. It just needs someone to look at it critically, even if you liked it, how will the player base perceive it? Remember, if you like the game currently, you are in the minority, or the game wouldn't have failed.
    People don't like to be meddled with.
    We tell them what to do, what to think. Don't run, don't walk.
    We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right.
    We're meddlesome.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    /NapTown/Location
    612Posts

mm i'll get some more polls spreaded on the internet, Because you got a point there, my server is monthly not gonna cost that much that I will go bankrupt, and I guess im pretty good at listening to people when it's about improvements and suggestions. I'll give it a try when I have atleast 1000 people that would like to see it back.

InactiveRank
    Nov 2013 Join Date
    1Posts

I was a beta player of this game, i will admit it wasn't perfect in the systems, but it offered 3 way battles twice a week, custom taxes on cities taken over by guilds. The soldier function allowed players to level up while afk, but at cost of their soldiers loyalty which was hard to get up without buying items from Aeria which was shit, i was a f2p player and was unable to buy the items from the system, instead i had to shuffle out about 10k per item, and since i was a Tactician, i had 6 soldiers i was shuffling out the loyalty for, but allowed for safer combat. at most you could level up 10 times a night at lower levels, depending on soldier and parties. The weapons were pretty basic, but the thing i loved most of the game is that it was based off the 3 kingdoms, Wei Wu Shu. I would love to see this game with a better auto route system and especially different chat colors because that hurt my eyes.

GammaRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    ☮/UAE.phpLocation
    3,280Posts

Somehow i found this ~ Kingdom Heroes Online 2 - Powered by BigWorld Technology

Part 2 .. from Chinese company i think
    "In The Line Of Fire"

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    2Posts

Im probably a bit late but i'll mention my opinion anyway, KH is the only MMO that ive been playing for 5 yrs or so, all other games ive played i played for a year and quite, despite what few ppl metioned before KH is the ebst game ive ever played now if its worth coming back or no id vote yes, the reason is pretty obvious the only reason this game close at aeria is a fail manegment, this still has 4 version running atm, indonesian taiwan vietnamese and thai, except the thai version ive played all, i stilll play the indo version sibce the client is an english client so its easy to handle, other client is not easy to play if u dnt know the local language.

ow the reason this game worth bringing it back is if u manage it well ts a very good game and fun to play if u look at indo version for example they have 3 crowded server, taiwan also got 2-3 server i dont know much about the other versions cause i dont play them, so bascily if the company that runs the game is a good company then the game will be a success, aeria failed badly all they wanted is to make big money in short time now we all know that companies wanna make profit but what they actually did is denying the game for the players who cant spend 000's of $$ on the game, they modified too many gears that basicly killed the game experience, if anyone would like to play the game again id recommend to play either the indo version or taiwan version and if we get an english server in the future i guarantee that myself with many friends will be there, till/if thats happen i'll be at indo version ^^

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    Baton Rouge, LoLocation
    2Posts

This game was one of the best games I've ever played, even though it had its flaws... it can still be very successful if managed properly, despite its age. Just look at the Indonesian and Taiwan servers...they still thrive. And you can make money off cosmetic items and other quality of life items.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

It is a great game. people who never play and don't know the history would just look at the graphic and some video and say the game is crap. those who have played would only understand. not best graphic but game is all about how the system work. its fun its great should bring it back. I have played other games with really awesome graphic but game play not so good. and require more than full time (8hrs/day) to be on game in order to keep up with friends and others. KHgamer25 pretty much cover most of the pros and cons that player saw in the game. just re read his post carefully and fix it I know it will work.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

The reasons why I played it for years was able to AFK grind. KHgamer said it perfectly for more detail of the game. I played other games like FF14 online, AIon, Path of exile and they can't grasp a balance.
    The balance is not having too much graphics, one-sided war. It's very similar to guild wars 2 but without the boring quests and able to find rare items. The Community also made it great to play as most games have trolls.
    it can be improved greatly to be a simple mmorpg.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKing View Post
    It is a great game. people who never play and don't know the history would just look at the graphic and some video and say the game is crap. those who have played would only understand. not best graphic but game is all about how the system work. its fun its great should bring it back. I have played other games with really awesome graphic but game play not so good. and require more than full time (8hrs/day) to be on game in order to keep up with friends and others. KHgamer25 pretty much cover most of the pros and cons that player saw in the game. just re read his post carefully and fix it I know it will work.
    That was actually my original post on AeriaGames website. It was just copy and pasted by him. But enough of that, I loved this game and I still love it. The only problem is that Aeria got money hungry and destroyed it with GM items. Taiwan servers are successful and makes a butt ton of money. Source: I played the TW version and spent hundreds. This game would be very successful if it were to return.

InactiveRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    2Posts

I can say I agree 100% with KHGamer25's post, it addresses most of the issues that killed the game in the long run. Another thing could be later game drop rates for items felt like they were to low.. As I spent many hours(weeks even) trying to get things that just never dropped. This factor + the ones in the above post are pretty much the reasons I stopped playing... Its fun to lose if you had a chance to win.. It isn't fun to lose when you never had a chance to begin with and never will.

If the game were to be re-released I would be willing to give it a second try.

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    10Posts

I joined a couple months after the open beta launch, it was alot of fun and i met a lot of people. As Caprontos and Bed said, the GM items really messed up the game and I would like to have this game back. It was an experiance you cant get from other games. No game has a open map with mulitple bosses or HI instance hall or Kingdom wars or a unique interface. Of course its out dated in graphics but it was worth the time and effort many of us put into. The drop rate on some of the items should be increased since it was rare to find.

I too will vote for this and give it a second chance.

Last edited by ZhuTong; 22-01-14 at 06:08 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Advertisement