Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] League of Legends - General Talk

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Riot implemened months ago a jungler timer but l still use MK Jogo because is much more comfortable for junglers, you can see the timers in the minimap and it pings you when a buff is up (useful if you forget it or you are not looking it at the moment).

Also I don't need to waste money in that expensive skins, I can have all of them and I don't care if it's client side, if I can see it's enough for me and no risk of ban if I don't say anything.

I would stop using this program but timers are better that Riot ones and i don't need to pay 10or 20€ for a Ducking skin, the prizes are stupid and I can't understand why everyone buys them..

Any 3rd party application isn't allowed and could get you banned.

People buy skins because they are one of the only ways riot gets its income, if everyone stopped buying skins then LoL would probably stop due to lack of funds.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Have any of you been on a collegiate team for League of Legends? I'm an incoming freshmen and am thinking about joining the challenger 5s there at Irvine University. I'm wondering for those whom have actual experience in the matter.

Reaction score
That's not the answer to his question. His question was why people buy them, not what would happen to the game if we stopped.
Don't say the 2 are connected, no one buys skins to keep Riot going, they buy them because they want them.

I agree, it never crosses my mind that I'm keeping Riot going when I buy a skin. It's because I want the skin, I get enjoyment from playing the champion and want to keep the looks fresh, sometimes I just think a skin looks great and I'll get it if I play the champ at least semi often. I could get the program to unlock skins locally, but I also enjoy the community aspect, with other people seeing the skin I'm using and vice versa.

I do like that you don't buy any ingame power advantages with cash, that's one reason why I'm actually happy to keep putting money into the game for skins. I never unlocked a character with RP either, only skins. Can't wait to get the victorious Morgana after this season too!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, figured this would be the best place.

Looking to teach a Silver V - Gold V on the ways of the jungle Lee Sin.

Currently Diamond 2, Gold 2, Silver V. (Smurf accounts to play with not-as-good friends).

Recently just hit my promotion series on D3 and got to D2 using my Lee Sin Jungle.

As they say "If you're able to teach it, then you really know it", so wanting to find out how well I know the champ.

I would be teaching you everything from runes, masteries, build options, where to go when, when to dragon, when to baron, "The Insec", and such things a Lee Sin needs to know.

Add me on skype if your interested, I would only like people who honestly have a love for Lee Sin like I do, because if you don't love the champ, then you will not be able to play him to his max.

P.S. I plan on starting a seperate thread to teach misc champion basics, such as what runes and masteries, opt outs/ins for builds, and basic mechanics. Hoping to help as many people out as I can, as I was taught by a D1 and just hoping to spread the joy of teaching.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Any 3rd party application isn't allowed and could get you banned.

People buy skins because they are one of the only ways riot gets its income, if everyone stopped buying skins then LoL would probably stop due to lack of funds.

I can understand you've deleted my other post when i talked about the bot program answering another guy, I gave a link for more information (not for any other thing) but well, can be used with bad intentions so nothing to say..

Now Riizq talks about MK Jogo and I just answer I use it and why, i'm not advertising it in any way so I don't understand what's wrong with you, i'm not doing nothing ilegal to the rules, just talking about the same as you and the other people and giving my opinion.

Last edited:
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, figured this would be the best place.

Looking to teach a Silver V - Gold V on the ways of the jungle Lee Sin.

Currently Diamond 2, Gold 2, Silver V. (Smurf accounts to play with not-as-good friends).

Recently just hit my promotion series on D3 and got to D2 using my Lee Sin Jungle.

As they say "If you're able to teach it, then you really know it", so wanting to find out how well I know the champ.

I would be teaching you everything from runes, masteries, build options, where to go when, when to dragon, when to baron, "The Insec", and such things a Lee Sin needs to know.

Add me on skype if your interested, I would only like people who honestly have a love for Lee Sin like I do, because if you don't love the champ, then you will not be able to play him to his max.

P.S. I plan on starting a seperate thread to teach misc champion basics, such as what runes and masteries, opt outs/ins for builds, and basic mechanics. Hoping to help as many people out as I can, as I was taught by a D1 and just hoping to spread the joy of teaching.

Gratz buddy :thumbup:
I Love lee sin!! He is the best champ to me!!!
Those insec plays though, I still see them often and it brings me so much of WOW.

Sharing is caring buddy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I agree, it never crosses my mind that I'm keeping Riot going when I buy a skin. It's because I want the skin, I get enjoyment from playing the champion and want to keep the looks fresh, sometimes I just think a skin looks great and I'll get it if I play the champ at least semi often. I could get the program to unlock skins locally, but I also enjoy the community aspect, with other people seeing the skin I'm using and vice versa.

I do like that you don't buy any ingame power advantages with cash, that's one reason why I'm actually happy to keep putting money into the game for skins. I never unlocked a character with RP either, only skins. Can't wait to get the victorious Morgana after this season too!

I love the skins but I find Riot prizes really expensive, that's why I only have 3 of my main champs gifted by some friends. I use the rest with a skin client side program, I'm the only one who see them and that's enough for me so I'm not taking advantage of other people who likes to show their skins.

I also think they look great and I love to have some of them of my main champs but the RP's are really expensive, can't understand how a Ducking skin which is nothing of the other world can cost 20€ for example..

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love the skins but I find Riot prizes really expensive, that's why I only have 3 of my main champs gifted by some friends. I use the rest with a skin client side program, I'm the only one who see them and that's enough for me so I'm not taking advantage of other people who likes to show their skins.

I also think they look great and I love to have some of them of my main champs but the RP's are really expensive, can't understand how a Ducking skin which is nothing of the other world can cost 20€ for example..

Sometimes it feels like buying eggs and throwing them.
I cannot afford that.

And using a skin changer program is absolutely fine. I mean there is a site where you can download custom skins and wear them on your champion.

Though I have to say this, changing a skin and playing that champion really changes the way we play the game. It brings joy when we play a champion with our favorite skin on.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sometimes it feels like buying eggs and throwing them.
I cannot afford that.

And using a skin changer program is absolutely fine. I mean there is a site where you can download custom skins and wear them on your champion.

Though I have to say this, changing a skin and playing that champion really changes the way we play the game. It brings joy when we play a champion with our favorite skin on.

More often then not, people will leave games in higher elo if they do not have the right skin, myself included.

Reaction score

I only put about £5 a month into it maximum, but I know what you mean. I typically wait for champs I like to have skin sales, then I snap them up cheaper. Also it depend son your situation, £20/20eu isn't really a lot of money, it wont last you long buying food etc, but it becomes a lot when you don't have it spare.

More often then not, people will leave games in higher elo if they do not have the right skin, myself included.

An unfortunate "elitist" side effect we see in many games.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I only put about £5 a month into it maximum, but I know what you mean. I typically wait for champs I like to have skin sales, then I snap them up cheaper. Also it depend son your situation, £20/20eu isn't really a lot of money, it wont last you long buying food etc, but it becomes a lot when you don't have it spare.

Not so much of an 'elitist' side effect, just not caring. If I go into a D2 Ranked game and don't have my skin, that puts me into a 'sad' mode, where everything I did that game would be a more 'depressed' play, and I would not be my potential, making the entire game a bad one, for me, and my team. As to if I would just leave, and try again later, my team already know's they are going to lose. Its at this point where they are able to have just pure fun, or practice something on the champ they normally wouldn't be able to normally, such as a odd build.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Is not about the money, I would spend 20€ if I know i'm going to have 5 or 6 pretty nice skins of my main champs but i'm not going to waste 20€ for one Ducking skin which is nothing of the other world, you do lots of things in some other games with that money..

I just find expensive most of the skins, its ridiculous to pay 15€ or 20€ for a skin, can't understand it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So your saying me buying every 3250 skin(Ultimate skins) even though I dont play them isnt worth? I refuse to accept this.

Reaction score
Not so much of an 'elitist' side effect, just not caring. If I go into a D2 Ranked game and don't have my skin, that puts me into a 'sad' mode, where everything I did that game would be a more 'depressed' play, and I would not be my potential, making the entire game a bad one, for me, and my team. As to if I would just leave, and try again later, my team already know's they are going to lose. Its at this point where they are able to have just pure fun, or practice something on the champ they normally wouldn't be able to normally, such as a odd build.

It's 100% elitist. "Something isn't going right, so there's no point in trying", it results in either the player leaving and ruining the game, or worse, trolling through communication or otherwise, which ruins the game. You don't need to be good to have that attitude, but you need to have the attitude that "everything must be right for me to play", something that is impossible for a new player as they don't really have an idea of what is going right, or wrong, even if the "wrong" thing is something superficial like a skin.

You say it yourself, not having a skin makes you play worse, or at least perceive the game to be going worse. It's a psychological thing that happens in all multiplayer games, although it takes different forms depending on the game. Personally I think it's absolutely rediculous to stop playing because of a skin choice, or lack thereof. Someone feels like they really know the game (elitist) but for a small inconsequential thing (skin choice) they become apathetic and ruin others experience because they simply don't care.

I don't buy the "it's ok they can have fun now" angle, people can try new builds and crazy things all day long in non-ranked modes. I really dislike the attitude of someone who starts a game that could last up to an hour, with 9 other people, then leaves before that commitment. It's a selfish douchebag move, like playing the game with a different, god forbid even vanilla skin.

I do agree it's not an elitist side effect, otherwise everyone with some knowledge and skill would behave in the same strange way. Thankfully they don't and game leavers are a minority, but the game would be better with less time wasters.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I can understand you've deleted my other post when i talked about the bot program answering another guy, I gave a link for more information (not for any other thing) but well, can be used with bad intentions so nothing to say..

Now Riizq talks about MK Jogo and I just answer I use it and why, i'm not advertising it in any way so I don't understand what's wrong with you, i'm not doing nothing ilegal to the rules, just talking about the same as you and the other people and giving my opinion.

I don't even know what you are on about, I was replying to what you said. You are trying to link two issues into one when it isn't needed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't usually buy RP except for starter champion pack (the one with Goth Annie) but few days ago I went for shopping in local ASDA and I noticed £9 RP top-up cards :D
Never seen one in real life (small town I guess) so I couldn't help myself and I grabbed two, for myself and one for a good friend.
Not even sure what to spend it on yet xD

Reaction score
If I buy the starters packs, I will actually only pay for the skin. :p

I bought quite a lot of skins, always on sale if possible, so exceptions are christmas etc skins that will never go on sale. I have no legendary or ultimate skins, the price puts me off, even though I really love Battlecast Cho'Gath.
The money doesn't really bother me, I don't make huge amounts, but the prices aren't that high really, a skin on sale is like 2,50 euro, you could argue that's a lot, but a beer costs the same or more. And I don't buy several of them in an evening either, instead I buy a skin now every few weeks (though this is also because I got skins for most of my played champions by now).
Also consider the hours I've put in it, basically when I buy a game, I will pay 1 euro at most per hour I will spend on it, so single player games that will probably only net me about 20 hours, will only be bought when they are 20 or lower, probably lower though. But yeah that's the absolute max I'm willing to pay. I've played like 2000 games of League, so roughly 1000 hours, so yeah buying some skins for 2,50, really does not bother me at all.

As for leaving for not having the right skins... really... that's really sad, and really trolling everyone in the game. Grab a post-it next time, draw your favourite skin, put it in the middle of your screen and press Y.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If I buy the starters packs, I will actually only pay for the skin. :p

I bought quite a lot of skins, always on sale if possible, so exceptions are christmas etc skins that will never go on sale. I have no legendary or ultimate skins, the price puts me off, even though I really love Battlecast Cho'Gath.
The money doesn't really bother me, I don't make huge amounts, but the prices aren't that high really, a skin on sale is like 2,50 euro, you could argue that's a lot, but a beer costs the same or more. And I don't buy several of them in an evening either, instead I buy a skin now every few weeks (though this is also because I got skins for most of my played champions by now).
Also consider the hours I've put in it, basically when I buy a game, I will pay 1 euro at most per hour I will spend on it, so single player games that will probably only net me about 20 hours, will only be bought when they are 20 or lower, probably lower though. But yeah that's the absolute max I'm willing to pay. I've played like 2000 games of League, so roughly 1000 hours, so yeah buying some skins for 2,50, really does not bother me at all.

As for leaving for not having the right skins... really... that's really sad, and really trolling everyone in the game. Grab a post-it next time, draw your favourite skin, put it in the middle of your screen and press Y.

I think a lock screen jungler would be more of a troll then leaving because you do not have your skin. Especially on certain few champs, who rely entirely to land their kit, J4, Lee, Hecarim, Rengar, Nasus, Shaco, Vi, and probably many more.

But thats irrelevant.

Reaction score
No, just no. There is only 2 kind of players that are worse than a leaver, which is a intentional feeder and a person who should go afk because they keep flaming the hell out of the team.
Now if you tell me that you are going Ducking apeshit on people because you got the wrong skin, well let's say I got some professional advice for you...

Back