[PC]LOA - 2D Sci-Fi Adventure RPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

[PC] LOA - Sci-Fi Action oriented Strategy Roleplaying game

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Legends of Azulgar is a Sci-Fi Action oriented Strategy Roleplaying game that puts you in command of a space ship, space station and a fleet in a massive sandbox universe. The game immerses the player in a fully interactive environment and a world rich in lore and Legends.

In 2XXX a terrestrial observatory on earth detected traces of an ancient signal from the distant solar system of Auriga. As the world's top scientists investigated, it started to become clear that this signal did not originate from a celestial anomaly - but from an artificial source.

With the signal now partially deciphered you are tasked with exploring this new and strange solar system and discovering the secrets of Azulgar and it’s mysterious signal.

Every shot matters - Legends of Azulgar is inspired by naval combat and focuses heavily on player ability with every weapon in action mode aimed and controller directly by the player. Carefully line up a torpedo strike to inflict maximum damage, lead your targets to ensure a crippling shell impact or charge in for close range combat.Bombard your enemy from afar with huge cannons!

Launch precision torpedo strikes…

DESIGN YOUR FLEET
    Will you be a space miner hauling asteroids with your grappling hook (yes.. a grappling hook! More on that later!) or an explorer attempting to discover the secrets of Azulgar...
    CHOSE YOUR STRATEGY

strategic Mode

Command your fleet in strategic mode and dominate the battlefield.

• RTS-style control with formations, engagement ranges, groups and waypoints.
    • Split your fleet to flank your opponent
    • Our strategic control scheme is a derivative of the award winning game Homeworld

action Mode

Switch on the fly and take control of a ship with your captain - pilot in action mode to directly impact the battle.

• Skill-based Weaponry
    • Shields: Shields only activate when the player commands - and only face one direction.. use them wisely or get crushed by incoming fire.
    • Afterburners: Escape the battle or use them to close range and surprise your enemy - but remember afterburners have limited energy so don't get caught out.
    • Missile Defences: Torpedo's and missiles are a BIG problem.. but time your defences well to counter then with your ships mini-guns.

captain customisation

Level up your captain and unlock new abilities and ways to customise how you play!

Special Cards (CyberSlots) that you can use to customize your captain.

• Some cards will be rare to find and only drop from bosses or youd have to be really lucky to find them in your new card deck. Some will be more easier to find.
    • Captains drop these cards once their Bridge module is defeated and other players or NPCs can loot them.
    • Yes this basically means full loot pvp if you choose to play on such servers!
    • Some cards will have active abilities and cooldowns and some will have passive abilities that improve your ship behaviour all the time.
    • Players can choose to exchange cards or play a game of poker or dice for them in pubs or outside the game
    • Cards will also be trateable on steam workshop

EXPLORE MULTIPLE SYSTEM
    SOL

The starting system of Legends of Azulgar and home to Earth, explore, fight and visit the very reaches of our solar system.

SOL will be the first system made available in the game starting with the Closed Alpha release and will be a rendition of our own solar system set within the lore of Legends of Azulgar. Mankind has reached and settled in space and now commands the technology to explore the universe - what will you do with it?

• Planets
    • Asteroids
    • Factions
    • Trading
    • Combat

ARUGIA

Explore the system of Arugia and uncover it’s past - what - or who? sent the signal that brought you here and what were their intentions?

• Find Azulgar - a planet steeped in mystery located in a far away system and uncover the source of the signal that brought you to Arugia.

And perhaps more...
    ENTER THE RIFT

The Rift: Access another dimension.. Dark... dangerous… and far from empty... But can you turn this strange realm to your advantage?

• Learn about the strange alien race The Morrids - investigate and even capture them as specimens.
    • Use the dimension to your advantage - disappear into the Rift and use it to strike from where they least expect.
    Last edited by Theo; 31-08-17 at 07:09 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

Re: [PC]LOA - 2D Sci-Fi Adventure RPG

Looks good, I made similar as a side project for web browsers. Gotta love old-school 2D, top-down sci-fi flight in open galaxies, :).

I wish you all the best of luck, and will watch your game as time passes.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    Looks good, I made similar as a side project for web browsers. Gotta love old-school 2D, top-down sci-fi flight in open galaxies, :).

I wish you all the best of luck, and will watch your game as time passes.
    Thank you fallenfate :)

we planing create tonight better version with first tutorial mission and improved stabilization and much more :-) We preparing special campaign for game where you found this buetifull race inspired by Zergs from StarCraft ):- )))

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

We tested new Sun Animation :-) i hope for good quality.. After create single campaign and technological systems we look on online playing tha game :-)

Last edited by Theo; 12-07-15 at 11:26 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

I assume that's only the top-quarter (or sixth?) of the sun given the game perspective? Is there any frame rate loss with such a detailed animation, or are you using sprites rather than 3D models to help reduce this?
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    I assume that's only the top-quarter (or sixth?) of the sun given the game perspective? Is there any frame rate loss with such a detailed animation, or are you using sprites rather than 3D models to help reduce this?
    Hi, yes we use for animation sprites :) Actualy we release new video witch space facelift :-) Come news on IndieDB.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,089Posts

Haha, its fun to see how similar it looks to how my project was going in the past. Looks good, :). Are the ship sprites temporary and will have effects later (like reflections, panels, etc.)? One thing I think also is the sun is a bit too HD if you know what I mean, because the space nebula background is similar to pastel colours, but the sun has a bold contrast.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    ♏ḁԻṧLocation
    1,101Posts

It looks good!
    Reminds me of my childhood, I'll give it a try!
    Awesome job on your project! Keep it up! :)
    No wind favors he who has no destined port.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

To: fallenfate

Thank you :) yes we planing create better physX for space "planets, suns and asteroids" for colision :-))) yes we must tuned many problems graphics etc :-)

To: Henmoro

Thank you we ove for your interest in the game :-) We preparing for new build 0.4 many new features ):-))) Actualy we look for any who can help us with precent project on Japany and Chine.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    ♏ḁԻṧLocation
    1,101Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Actualy we look for any who can help us with precent project on Japany and Chine.
    I'm actually pretty fluent in Japanese, Chinese, and German, - Though I really don't have the free time to help right now, I'm having allot of things to deal with in life right now, - Your project is coming around very smoothly, And I wish I was able to help you guys. Sorry I cannot be of much more use though
    No wind favors he who has no destined port.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Henmoro View Post
    I'm actually pretty fluent in Japanese, Chinese, and German, - Though I really don't have the free time to help right now, I'm having allot of things to deal with in life right now, - Your project is coming around very smoothly, And I wish I was able to help you guys. Sorry I cannot be of much more use though
    Oh thank you Henmoro, your help is welcome :-) Japanese, Chinese and German is realy good. We planinc create token for community after we start create online world. We create there some variants and after community chose best variant we create it :-) Actualy we create Singleplayer campaign :-) We are open to new ideas.
    Legend of Azulgar - www.azulgar.com - 2D/3D Sci-Fi MMORPG
    Webhosting - www.netstormhost.com - Unlimited domains per services

MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    RussiaLocation
    91Posts

Nice project))
    Remembered the old Russian game, Space Rangers, maybe u know)
    P.S:You are going to make the online mode?
    _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShmGfGqchc

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karyzir View Post
    Nice project))
    Remembered the old Russian game, Space Rangers, maybe u know)
    P.S:You are going to make the online mode?
    _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShmGfGqchc
    Thank you :-) yes Space Rangers is realy perfect game i remember :-) And of course we planing create MMO server for game for community we hope for any players who play this game on MMO server.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Hey :-) We have some good news for you. New LOA version 0.4 is realy soon and first website for game is ready on www.azulgar.com. Look on dev video space generation from coming build version 0.4.

MemberRank
    Nov 2006 Join Date
    118Posts

Hi Friends :-) i have news from 0.4 version developing :-) actuualy we started official discussion forum for game on azulgar.com/community/. Actualy we work on last tasks for new update and after we finished we release it on IndieDB.

New

- Space Generation "Planets, Suns, Asteroids, etc...
    - Space Background Generation
    - Create Loader for updates - in progress
    - Integration 3 quests for start - in progress
    - Editor for Quests - in progress
    - Better Spaceships graphics
    - Better Artificial Intelligence for Spaceships
    - Sun Animations
    - Planets
    - Movable asteroids
    - User configurable parameters for game
    - Wrecks after ship Destroings
    - Better minimap
    - Colectiong randomly items from wrecks

Update

- New Game interface
    - Some bugs have been fixed.

What we planing for future on new patchnotes? .-)

- Building our space ship
    - Command your partner capital ship
    - Building your station
    - Create Battlegrounds
    - Online Masive Multiplayer
    - And many other...

Thank you all for your attention and we wish you a good day commanders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newui.jpg  
    Last edited by Theo; 25-08-15 at 08:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement