Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC MMO] H1Z1 Splitting into two games - KotK and Survive

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I just read that H1Z1 is planning to split into two different games on Feb, 17th. 2016.

H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK)
A fight-to-the-death shooter style with game modes including Battle Royale. They are also hoping to take this version out of early release in the summer.

H1Z1: Just Survive
An open world survival experience where you do crafting scavenging and base-building.
I read that it will also have two separate development teams as well, so one won't be neglected... I hope!

If you already have H1Z1, you are supposed to get both, they will have separate game launchers. Your items will be duplicated appropriately, event tickets to the King of the Hill game and airdrop tickets to Just survive, but sounds like other items are just duplicated straight across. So I won't lose my 'I Survived PW1' shirt.

If you don't own it yet, apparently if you have it by Feb 16th you will also get both. Prices will go up after that, I think the plan is about $20 for each game.

I have played this game some, off and on. I really like the open-world survival, I think it is fun but also a bit easy. The crafting is pretty easy, scavenging is fun, its always great to find a nice pair of sneakers that let you walk faster, or a vehicle to drive around. I am totally on board with the Just Survive version, and haven't even checked out the Battle Royale, but might have to check out the KotK version.

What do you guys think? Is it worth buying now if you don't have it? What do you like about it if you do have it? Which version of the game are you looking forward to?

For more info/Source:

Related Threads on ragezone:
[PC MMO] H1Z1 by Sony Entertainment
[PC] H1Z1 - Battle Royale

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I just read that H1Z1 is planning to split into two different games on Feb, 17th. 2016.

H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK)
A fight-to-the-death shooter style with game modes including Battle Royale. They are also hoping to take this version out of early release in the summer.

H1Z1: Just Survive
An open world survival experience where you do crafting scavenging and base-building.
I read that it will also have two separate development teams as well, so one won't be neglected... I hope!

If you already have H1Z1, you are supposed to get both, they will have separate game launchers. Your items will be duplicated appropriately, event tickets to the King of the Hill game and airdrop tickets to Just survive, but sounds like other items are just duplicated straight across. So I won't lose my 'I Survived PW1' shirt.

If you don't own it yet, apparently if you have it by Feb 16th you will also get both. Prices will go up after that, I think the plan is about $20 for each game.

I have played this game some, off and on. I really like the open-world survival, I think it is fun but also a bit easy. The crafting is pretty easy, scavenging is fun, its always great to find a nice pair of sneakers that let you walk faster, or a vehicle to drive around. I am totally on board with the Just Survive version, and haven't even checked out the Battle Royale, but might have to check out the KotK version.

What do you guys think? Is it worth buying now if you don't have it? What do you like about it if you do have it? Which version of the game are you looking forward to?

For more info/Source: