Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Anyone here play DayZ Standalone?

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've watched a few videos on it and read up about it and I seem to love it without even playing it. I'm going to buy it when I get the money (I'm poor, what of it) and will just play it to my hearts contempt. I know it has bugs, but hey, bugs make the game more enjoyable.

So I'm wondering, does anyone on here play it? If so, would you be willing to help me out and work as a team? :)

Cheers for reading amigo.

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Anyone here play DayZ Standalone?

how does the standalone differ from the expansion? as the expansion/mod was really hard to navigate.

Well, the MOD has limitations, so standalone is basically MOD, with a bunch more planned features. Right now, it's still in early alpha phase, how ever the head guy in charge (Dean) is progressing fast along his side his team. Right now, they're much a like, how ever for his end result he's planned a lot more features then the MOD will ever have. Such as;

updated run-engine system, new weather system, updated and better designed map, new and improved graphics (still coming along), more zombies and a bunch more things. You can check out the site at for more information about it. It's worth the $30 USD already.

Onto it's graphics again,
FatalLulz - [PC] Anyone here play DayZ Standalone? - RaGEZONE Forums

On the left (I believe) is how it looked in the expansion/mod, and on the right is it in standalone.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i'll have to youtube some videos later. I was waiting for lifeless from Justei but i wouldnt mind trying a decent zombie mmo again.

lifeless? o_O What's that?

And yeah, tryout someone like FRANKIEOnPc or who ever shows up. I thought maybe if some RZ people played, we could all form our own team and meet on a server and battle it out till the death. :)

Reaction score

lifeless? o_O What's that?

And yeah, tryout someone like FRANKIEOnPc or who ever shows up. I thought maybe if some RZ people played, we could all form our own team and meet on a server and battle it out till the death. :)

Lifeless is a game the company I work at develops :).

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score

I have it and played a bit but it lacks too much content for my liking at the moment in comparison to what was already in the mod. It's certainly a lot better in many ways not least of which is that the GUI is actually usable now. As soon as they get vehicles in it I'll give it another ride but until then there's just not a whole lot to do for me anyway.. having vehicles to look for, repair, look after and fight over gives you so many ways to set yourself arbitrary missions out there.

Reaction score

I am thinking about getting it (to stop my friend pestering me!) It does look like a pretty fun game, but bare in mind: the game is still in basic Alpha stages (I think?) everything is still buggy, I see alot of negative reviews about the game, but I just think do they even know the game is not even in a full release state. I might wait until the sales and see if it goes on sale or just buy it when I can be bothered putting some cash on my steam account

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I am thinking about getting it (to stop my friend pestering me!) It does look like a pretty fun game, but bare in mind: the game is still in basic Alpha stages (I think?) everything is still buggy, I see alot of negative reviews about the game, but I just think do they even know the game is not even in a full release state. I might wait until the sales and see if it goes on sale or just buy it when I can be bothered putting some cash on my steam account

The people that leave bad reviews are retarded and I hope they take offence to it. The game states when you go to buy it and when you start up, that if you can't handle bugs or lack of features, don't play it. Yet they still play it, then complain about bugs, lack of features etc etc.. They're not getting the point of Alpha.

Anyways, a lot has been fixed out so far, I run on a little i3 using 2gig RAM and I only lag because of my internet being poor lately. Other then that, if you a i3 with about 4gig RAM + you'd be safe to play. It's really fun and really worth it, how ever when you get tied up and touched in ways you don't want to be, then it gets weird.. But hey, it's part of the game :p I honestly recommend buying it even if you like it slightly so far. Check out FrankieOnPC1080p for some videos :)

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It's a great game but it requires a lot of patience and time to play this solo. You might die 3 times in a row because of people just shooting you for fun.
You decide how you play in this game, I really can't wait until the game implements the vehicles inside the game!

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a great game but it requires a lot of patience and time to play this solo. You might die 3 times in a row because of people just shooting you for fun.
You decide how you play in this game, I really can't wait until the game implements the vehicles inside the game!

Exactly. It's all about patience and chance. Some servers are clean free of bandits, others are loaded with them. You gotta take a chance and hope you join a clean one. I recommend the AFGM one.

But I agree, can not wait for vehicles and rag doll affect :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've watched a few videos on it and read up about it and I seem to love it without even playing it.

Cheers for reading amigo.

Best game I've played in many years. First I was skeptic about the dying and losing everything part, but as FatalLulz puts perfectly, after watching some video's I loved it like I loved games in the good old days. Worth the money.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@MentaL it's just butthurt noobs who don't want DayZ to continue because they believe H1Z1 will be the best. When in my opinion, I don't like H1Z1. I might seem butthurt over the hack, but I'm not as long it's continued and not just abandoned because of it.
awesomo It honestly is incredible. So much potential and is just amazing. Can not wait for the finished product.

Back