Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC - VOIP Software] Discord and the death of Raidcall

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
The title pretty much sums this one up. Raidcall is either dying or dead but either way it's audio quality and connection issues have gotten so bad that I needed to switch so I did a load of searching for free voip software and came up with a few good alternatives.

Currently myself and a few others have been using which at first seemed a bit dodgey. After using it fairly regularly in the last few weeks I can safley say that it's pretty decent. Audio quality isn't the best but is by no means terrible and is quite clear for the most part. Software usability could be better as you have to actually search around for settins buttons and it take a bit of getting used to when connecting to voice channels with seperate but attached chat channels.

There's even an overlay which works on some games and it does it's job fairly well.

Anyway, to the crux of the matter. Anyone else used it yet? What have your experiences been when using either the desktop or browser versionns and have any of you switched to any other alternatives out there?

PS. If someone mentions teamspeak like I'm not a nearly middleaged grown man who's been gaming since floppy discs were the size of a persons head I will personally ensure that you never get any cookies on RZ ever again.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used it back while it was in beta, I think anyway (prior to it having push to talk at least), and haven't used it since. From what I hear it's gotten a lot better however I've had no reason to use it so far. Lots of positive things about it though.

By the way, Teamspeak. :)))

Legend
Reaction score
I used it back while it was in beta, I think anyway (prior to it having push to talk at least), and haven't used it since. From what I hear it's gotten a lot better however I've had no reason to use it so far. Lots of positive things about it though.

By the way, Teamspeak. :)))

All your cookies are revoked!

OT: I didn't even know about it until recently so this was the first period of time in which I've used it regularly and it's not that bad. I cbf to try out Curse though xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The title pretty much sums this one up. Raidcall is either dying or dead but either way it's audio quality and connection issues have gotten so bad that I needed to switch so I did a load of searching for free voip software and came up with a few good alternatives.

Currently myself and a few others have been using which at first seemed a bit dodgey. After using it fairly regularly in the last few weeks I can safley say that it's pretty decent. Audio quality isn't the best but is by no means terrible and is quite clear for the most part. Software usability could be better as you have to actually search around for settins buttons and it take a bit of getting used to when connecting to voice channels with seperate but attached chat channels.

There's even an overlay which works on some games and it does it's job fairly well.

Anyway, to the crux of the matter. Anyone else used it yet? What have your experiences been when using either the desktop or browser versionns and have any of you switched to any other alternatives out there?

PS. If someone mentions teamspeak like I'm not a nearly middleaged grown man who's been gaming since floppy discs were the size of a persons head I will personally ensure that you never get any cookies on RZ ever again.

Honestly it is lite, user friendly, open to different devices which makes it so practical and lastly the people behind the app is pretty dank and the app itself is still open for more room of improvements since it is still at its under dev phase.

Let's just hope they won't mess it up with their next upcoming ideas to improve, because currently with the way how it works, it is simple and not heavy to use, I use my Discord both pc and phone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Discord has been an amazing experience for me - See, I come from the Skype community as far as VOIP Software goes, and not only did the memory leakage from Chrome and Skype kill my PC, but Skype would drop calls out of the butt for no reason. I was invited to the Discord Beta a while back and I used it and got used to it, and now my 590ish friends from Skype that actually listened to me are on it as well, it's really not that bad because once you add people you don't have to be in the same server to talk to them, effectively erasing the need for Skype for me.

With that said though, there are friends of mine on Skype that refuse to get Discord... so I keep Skype around...on Low Priority ;)

Honestly though, once you get used to Discord, the issues seem minor compared to other software, and while Discord isn't perfect, it does do wonders for the communitys I have chosen to be a part off.

Legend
Reaction score
Discord has been an amazing experience for me - See, I come from the Skype community as far as VOIP Software goes, and not only did the memory leakage from Chrome and Skype kill my PC, but Skype would drop calls out of the butt for no reason. I was invited to the Discord Beta a while back and I used it and got used to it, and now my 590ish friends from Skype that actually listened to me are on it as well, it's really not that bad because once you add people you don't have to be in the same server to talk to them, effectively erasing the need for Skype for me.

With that said though, there are friends of mine on Skype that refuse to get Discord... so I keep Skype around...on Low Priority ;)

Honestly though, once you get used to Discord, the issues seem minor compared to other software, and while Discord isn't perfect, it does do wonders for the communitys I have chosen to be a part off.

I never figure out how to get voice chat to work between individuals on the friends list but making servers was nice and simple.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Agreed on MSN being better, I actually kind of miss AIM as well. To be honest, Discord hasn't released an individualized way to speak to your friends, but you can make an unhosted server and add your friend to it and that works just fine - from what I recall, my guy who works with Discord mentioned it was something they were heavily considering for the future.

Reaction score
MSN was amazing to use back then. I actually recently deleted my account because I never used it and no one was ever on since it died out. Since Discord started getting big at the end of last year, I've used it pretty much everyday. The dark layout and IRC mode is amazing to use. Skype being idle on my computer is using 95/96mb of memory with 1 chat open(1 person). Discord uses 27/28mb of memory with 5 chats of 50+ people in all of them. Highly suggest making the switch if you haven't already.

Edit: Discord released 2-step Authentication to their PTB(Public Test Build) earlier today. .

Last edited:
Back