Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Playstation] 3 or 4 & what games recommended?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Christmas is coming and my brother and I are considering of buying a PS4, until today we still have the PS2 rolling but might be time to upgrade to some next gen console.

However, when i look on the market, the shops are litterly throwing out the PS3 for like 200-300$ while the PS4 is about 450$ here.

I'm considering going PS4 as the PS3 is already like what 4-6 years old?

Any games I definatly need to order on any of the consoles as it'll be a christmas present... I can bet most will say Fallout 4 xD?

Atleast Die Trying...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They are selling bundles for the ps4 on newegg for about $300.... besides that i think you should get the fallout/farcry collections nothing wrong with them games. Maybe the new assassins creed syndicate, Haven't really played black ops 3 on the ps4 but on pc its really fun so i would suggest that also. If you like racing games forza is great catch, along with just cause 3..

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
They are selling bundles for the ps4 on newegg for about $300.... besides that i think you should get the fallout/farcry collections nothing wrong with them games. Maybe the new assassins creed syndicate, Haven't really played black ops 3 on the ps4 but on pc its really fun so i would suggest that also. If you like racing games forza is great catch, along with just cause 3..

newegg looks promising, however i think the taxes that i'll need to pay to get it through the border will be lots tbh haven't played CoD in a while.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
For the extra $150 dollars it is totally worth it to get the PS4 over the PS3, barely any new games are being made for it and you will upgrade to the PS4 quickly after if you brought the PS3, so save yourself the money and time and get the PS4.

I recently brought Infamous Second Son in the black friday sales on PSN, it is one amazing game, totally should try it out, very cheap too.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
For the extra $150 dollars it is totally worth it to get the PS4 over the PS3, barely any new games are being made for it and you will upgrade to the PS4 quickly after if you brought the PS3, so save yourself the money and time and get the PS4.

I recently brought Infamous Second Son in the black friday sales on PSN, it is one amazing game, totally should try it out, very cheap too.

Yea i remember that one it was one on the list.

Im also considering watchdogs as there was some hype around it too at the start but i think it wasnt that succesfull though.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Yea i remember that one it was one on the list.

Im also considering watchdogs as there was some hype around it too at the start but i think it wasnt that succesfull though.

The story is good, really good. Once that is done, the game is a bore, the replay value is almost zero. So unless you can it really cheap then it is good but really not worth spending out on.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
The story is good, really good. Once that is done, the game is a bore, the replay value is almost zero. So unless you can it really cheap then it is good but really not worth spending out on.

Hm okay, thats good to know for sure known that the latest games have a price width from 40-60$ and see'ing that watchdogs is still priced 40$ i think is kinda money thrown away then.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would highly recommend Black ops 3, Not many people are interested in the Game, To be honest I'm not myself I have other things to do than play Video Games, Although when I'm bored I hop on it for a while, It's really fun!, If you already have it then I also recommend Fall-Out-4 I haven't actually got the game myself, But I've seen gameplay and it looks amazing!,

If you already have that, Then I would recommend Destiny, Awesome and fun game to play, If you already have that then count me out..

They're the only three games I can recommend for the PS4&PS3,

Thankyou.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend Black ops 3, Not many people are interested in the Game, To be honest I'm not myself I have other things to do than play Video Games, Although when I'm bored I hop on it for a while, It's really fun!, If you already have it then I also recommend Fall-Out-4 I haven't actually got the game myself, But I've seen gameplay and it looks amazing!,

If you already have that, Then I would recommend Destiny, Awesome and fun game to play, If you already have that then count me out..

They're the only three games I can recommend for the PS4&PS3,

Thankyou.

If you consider Destiny, you might as well ditch it and go with Warframe, which is free.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with GTA V and Second Son right now if Warframe is free, i'll definatly try that out.

I'm just hoping that the 500GB Hard disk is good enough to keep everything going xD

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
IMHO playing both Destiny & Warframe. As it stands, Warframe > Destiny. It's a really fun game to get into. Everything can be acrquired in game with no need of real money. But the cost of that is it requires time and farming. Lots and lots of farming. But the community is so nice that in no time you'll find people who are willing to help you out.

As for other games, get the PS4 Uncharted bundled. Pick up BO3 and probably GTAV. I'm not too huge on FO4 (I personally think it was overhyped and people are blind in supporting it. Not to take away from it, but it was kind of a lazy job done by its developers). The Witcher 3 will do you good too in terms of needing a single player fix. It's not GOTY for nothing. Starwars is too little for so much. The player base speaks for itself across the platforms. But if you're into that go for it. Content will be dished out soon as long as you got the $50 pass. One more game for you is The Last of Us. Highly praised for its story. Check that out as well.

That is my recommendation on that. I don't play on console (PC Gamer), have played most of them on PC; but this is a pretty good list when you want to get a good play value out of your spent money. Well worth the cost on those games. Especially TW3.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I only played on pc for a long time, and yea theres some really "bad" people on pc games too xD

You get that on any platform. But this is specifics to the Warframe community. It isn't your everyday community where people bash you and be a complete penis to you. They are more willingly to help you understand the game and even raid with them. Even if they are way ahead of you in term of game content.

In fact, I am playing on PC as well.

It's rare to come across douche bag users on the PC community when everyone is so helping. Odd occurrence for you. Me and my friend probably clocked near 500 hours together so I'm speaking from that among the other communities around the web that I visit where the people are the same.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
You get that on any platform. But this is specifics to the Warframe community. It isn't your everyday community where people bash you and be a complete penis to you. They are more willingly to help you understand the game and even raid with them. Even if they are way ahead of you in term of game content.

What kind of game is WarFrame though? Shooter? i just googled it for a second and looked like some high tech stuff including sword etc..

Back