Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (My review)

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wattup guys,

I just recently bought Horizon Zero Dawn for my PS4 and I have to say , the game is absolutely brilliant thus far. Now , if you don't what What Horizon Zero Dawn is ( I'm sure most of ya'll know though lol) , HZD is an exclusive PS4 game and well here's a brief explanation.

The plot revolves around Aloy, a hunter and archer living in a world overrun by robots. Having been an outcast her whole life, she sets out to discover the dangers that kept her sheltered. The character uses ranged and melee weapons and stealth tactics to combat the mechanised creatures, whose remains can also be looted for resources. A skill tree facilitates gameplay improvements. The game features an open world environment for Aloy to explore, divided into tribes that hold side quests to undertake, while the main story guides her throughout the whole world.

Throughout the time I played this game , I felt a hint of a Witcher 3 vibe in it. When I did my research it turns out some developers from CD Projekt helped developed the game. The graphics in the game is absolutely stunning. I was thoroughly impressed when I saw just how much of detail they added to it in the background, imagine playing it on PS4 pro with a 4K display , it would be more than stunning to the eyes. But does graphic really matter to experience a great game? Well that depends on individuals, for me it's the gameplay that matters but by playing this game with really good scenery and detailing was absolutely satisfying. A few screenshots of the in game:

Vaulient - [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (My review) - RaGEZONE Forums

If you must know how long the game is, check out .

Negative opinion? Well what bugs me is how fast Aloy's life can diplete! The machines are brutal with their attacks. If you're up for a challenge, this game is totally worth it.

My next negative opinion would be the logic in the game. Like what's the point of using stealth, setting traps and taking your time to learn the patterns of dinosaur movements if the enemy respawn mechanic is so poorly made? Everytime you save, quit and reload , the game respawns the same enemies in the same exact places. This is not Dark Souls, this is an open world game. I kill all dinosaurs in one spot, walk away 100 meters (328 feet), come back one minute later and its like nothing happened , enemy corpses are gone and new enemies have respawned in the same exact place. Sure, it saves memory and system resources ,thus less negative effect on frame rate, but where is the realism? Plus point however , you can kill them again and get resources for crafting.

In my own opinion, this game is totally worth the money. I'd give it a 9.5/10 rating.

Have you played HZD? What would be your point of view regarding the game? Do let me know in the comments :)

Back