Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Skyrim worth buying?

Reaction score
What do you guys think? Apparently people are saying its worse than Oblivion and they took out a bunch of features that Oblivion had. So I was wondering if you think it would be worth buying at midnight or should I wait for a torrent to come along and just download it?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Machinima gave it a 9.5/10 so I'd buy it for sure.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PC or Console?
What do you think is the issue so far? Lack of immersion? Graphics? crappy story?

Apparently the melee attacks are still blunt-like. Dan probably has problems because it's a different style of game he's not used to playing though I'm not Dan so :eek:tt1:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Numerous sources have been quoting the lead producer's statement that "consoles are Bethesda's primary target," or something to that effect. As it stands, I'm not expecting much in the way of graphical features, although it's unlikely Skyrim could possibly be any worse graphically than Bethesda's Fallout games.

Reaction score
Numerous sources have been quoting the lead producer's statement that "consoles are Bethesda's primary target," or something to that effect. As it stands, I'm not expecting much in the way of graphical features, although it's unlikely Skyrim could possibly be any worse graphically than Bethesda's Fallout games.

Yeah I heard that as well, but the modding community on PC is amazing.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I found it hard to get into so far.

I've found most of the Oblivion style games like that.. its a real hit or miss on the in-crowd. It took me about a week trying to get into Oblivion - just because I find having an entire open framed world.. its hard to figure out what to do and where to go - I like exploring, but sometimes it can be a little much in a single player game.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Error 404

Yes, Oblivion's new engine was created in house by Bethesda Studios, and far surpasses Gamebryo from what I can tell.

The in-game controls are awkward, and make poor use of the mouse as far as the menu system is concerned. The graphics are quite an improvement over Oblivion, but still have a distinctly console port flavor to them. That aside, it might be worth buying once Bethesda better adapts the game for the PC, unless you don't mind having to relaunch the game whenever it finds that expected console features are implemented differently on PCs.

Reaction score
Been playing with my Xbox controller for the last 5 hours, its Ducking addicting and amazing. I'm playing as an archer, i spend most of my time hunting and doing side quests right now. Its Ducking amazing :thumbup:

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, heres a tip - right in the beginning when the guy is asking you to unlock the door. Sit there and backstab him with a single dagger. Got Stealth up to 50, and am level 7 in less then 30 minutes.. and I am not even out of the newbie zone yet ;)

HAARP
Reaction score
[/quote]
?Flob??: Saria
?Flob??: did you get hired thugs attack you when you left that place?
Shoar: "Safest City In reach" ~Someone gets murdered right in front of my eyes
Shoar: wat
SariaFace: No.
?Flob??: Turns out Grelka knows I stole from her
?Flob??: Who the duck is grelka
SariaFace: Flob
?Flob??: ?
SariaFace: Please keep the specific quest happenings to private, for the sake of people that aren't playing it yet.
?Flob??: Mhrmhmrhm
?Flob??: It's not a quest event
SariaFace: Keep things as vague as possible. Dropping names and what they do is too much.
?Flob??: Flob……mhm
?Flob??: Fien
?Flob??: I might kill Grelka
Wc-paperi :D entered chat.
Wc-paperi :D: Yup.
Wc-paperi :D left chat.
me: is skyrim worth buying?
?Flob??: Yes
SariaFace: Yeah
TheDivinity: They've been talking about Skyrim for an hour, just saying, isn't the answer obvious, lol.
TheDivinity: Hour or more
‮Flob……: Saria
‮Flob……: did you get hired thugs attack you when you left that place?
Shoar: "Safest City In reach" ~Someone gets murdered right in front of my eyes
Shoar: wat
SariaFace: No.
‮Flob……: Turns out Grelka knows I stole from her
‮Flob……: Who the duck is grelka
SariaFace: Flob
‮Flob……: ?
SariaFace: Please keep the specific quest happenings to private, for the sake of people that aren't playing it yet.
‮Flob……: Mhrmhmrhm
‮Flob……: It's not a quest event
SariaFace: Keep things as vague as possible. Dropping names and what they do is too much.
‮Flob……: mhm
‮Flob……: Fien
‮Flob……: I might kill Grelka
Wc-paperi :D entered chat.
Wc-paperi :D: Yup.
Wc-paperi :D left chat.
me: is skyrim worth buying?
‮Flob……: Yes
SariaFace: Yeah
TheDivinity: They've been talking about Skyrim for an hour, just saying, isn't the answer obvious, lol.
TheDivinity: Hour or more

answers from the Gamers themselves sevlesmeht sremaG eht morf srewsna

Reaction score
I've been playing it for the last 8 hours, took a break and woke up. I had a hard time getting into Oblivion but this game is amazing.

The world is HUGE
The options to train are HUGE
The graphic look amazing (PC - Ultra High Settings)
The controls have been fixed for fighting compared to Oblivion

There are bugs though, but these aren't bugs that would ruin your gaming experience. I downloaded the game for free, but I might just pay.

Reaction score
Plus the fact that this is a thing blows my mind.

1lcsx - Skyrim worth buying? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I bought the game for PS3 and I didn't even want to put it down. The amount of stuff you can do is just huge compared to some games I've seen lately.

Back