Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Steam issue - Error Code: -118

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
For the past month I've been having this issue. Steam constantly throws the "Error Code: -118". I have been ignoring it in the past, because it goes away sometimes in 10 minutes and sometimes in few hours.
Just now it has gotten really annoying. Whenever I want to get to the store, forums or whatever steam service it is, I get this error. The worst thing is that their support site has nothing for this.
Wokki - [PC] Steam issue - Error Code: -118 - RaGEZONE Forums

I started googling for this error, but nothing really works. I've tried checking the firewall settings to make sure nothing is blocking steam. I even tried disabling firewall completely.
Tried also deleting the ClientRegistry.blob, which often fixes everything, but still this issue continues.

I'm also certain that it's just me having this issue, because every status site says that steam is up.

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: Steam issue - Error Code: -118

Where exactly are you getting this?

I get errors trying to use the Steam browser in the overlay, so i simply paste the URL into Firefox & use that.
It happens in both, steam overlay as well as in browser. Whenever I have this, I can't basically use any steam service apart from the chat and play games.

Happens to me from time to time (around about once a day), I just ignore it. Steam has been getting a lot of server issues lately so it could just be them.
I have this at least 2-3 times a day. But when it happens to you, does it completely block access to every steam service? Even if you try going to steamcommunity.com through your default browser?

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Steam issue - Error Code: -118

It happens in both, steam overlay as well as in browser. Whenever I have this, I can't basically use any steam service apart from the chat and play games.

I have this at least 2-3 times a day. But when it happens to you, does it completely block access to every steam service? Even if you try going to steamcommunity.com through your default browser?

Now that, I have not checked. The next time it happens I'll check it :)

Back