Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Do XBox 360 Games get Updates/Patches just like the PS3 does?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I know this is probably an old question for antiques like PS3 and xbox 360 i should know the answer now (Im truly a pc gamer but not bought a console game in years). I know how and when games on the PS3 gets patched but does xbox 360 get game updates. Although I do know when the system software gets updates (hence all that rebooting). But do the games get updates when required on the 360?

After all sounds like Arkham City may need updates to get the DLC to work or vice versa plus freezing and glitches thats been reported.

Elfredar - Do XBox 360 Games get Updates/Patches just like the PS3 does? - RaGEZONE Forums

-------------------

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just as often as PS3 does. Games like CoD for example.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After all sounds like Arkham City may need updates to get the DLC to work or vice versa plus freezing and glitches thats been reported.

Then they would probably fix it sooner or later, but it's the company that updates it, not XBOX :) (I think?)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah but your better off with a Xbox you get all the new map packs first.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You get updates on xbox. Everyone who has internet, can get it. For going online, you need a gold xbox live. I thought this was common sense.

Reaction score

So you're saying its better to pay for online gameplay, because you get virtual content a few days earlier? That sounds like a good excuse to pay for online play.. I could understand if they were cheaper, but a few days early? pshh! PS3 and Xbox360 get updates at the same day.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing, M$ wants more money and control over the contents then Sony does when it comes to hosting contents on their server and the fact that xbox's network is more closed.
But of course the big companies can't play any favours so they try to delay things and make it come out both at the same time, It's different for Indie Devs how ever.
PSN is more favourable in a way for Indie devs when it comes to patch/dlc control on PSN, they can release patches when ever they want for example.

Also there are and will be MMOs that can allow PS3 users play together with PC users too.
And another cool thing for PS3 users in the future is crossplay for Steam games, so PC and PS3 users can play together.
A couple of recent games that will use that will be Dungeon Defenders and PAYDAY: The Heist(if it hasn't already) and many more games in the future.

EDIT: There's also that EVE Online game thingy, I forgot the name >_>

That deal M$ and Activision did will end soon you know, they only signed it for 3 years.
And frankly rehashing mappacks is boring, wish they would add more stuff like weapons and perks, but you know it's Activision...

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rock has it.

CS:GO is coming out, cross platform, for ps3 and pc. Xbox users will have a very small amount of online matches, and there are more MMOs coming out for both ps3 and pc(cross platform).

Also, the ps3 supports both a mouse and a keyboard (usb).
Yes, sony has been hacked, but that's a very invalid argument to the ps3 vs xbox thing. In fact, everything is invalid. 360 and ps3 are both out dated, and, if you want to go as far as technological terms, the xbox is using dvd quality whereas the ps3 is using blu-ray. Much more can be packed into 50 gigs than 10 gigs.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is also coming PC games for xbox, such as Minecraft.

It depends what you want really. Do you want it to synergize with your steam account? Get PS3. Do you want Map packs a month before PS3? Get xbox.

Back