Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[XboxOne] Things I dislike about the Joystick & My issues with it

Reaction score
Well, first of all, I wanna say that I'm in love with my Xbox One, and I've been with this for like 5 months now. But I'm here to write an article about the joystick: It's poorly builded!

Ain't saying it is unconfortable, but it's horribly builded.

I'm first going to write about general issues, then I'll move into my issues.

First of all is LB/RB button. They're poorly builded. You have to press it hard. It's not very very hard, but it will leave you in bad position at some FPS game.

Second, is something that I have, and it's one of the main reasons that I dislike it, is that it randomly disconnects! Seriously, you are playing and it just disconnect! I've turned around this issue with a power cable. But it's seriously bad when you are playing and it disconnects. Simply turns off.

Third is a little longer:

My frickin analogic. Few months back (since the day I've bought it), I've been noticing a scratch/resistance in the right analog. At the time, when I did go to the left, I feel a little scratch, but wasn't bad, it worked like a charm. A feel days back, I started really playing it (more often, and more FPS), and I moved the joystick to the left, and I feel that some piece of it (where was the scratch thing) was removed, and I felt it running through the analogic area. So, if this 'screw' was at the bottom, I couldn't move there (it was un-usable to that point). So I started troubleshooting, seeing what was wrong with it, moving it around, and the screw must have gone at some place of the analog, I cant see for sure where, but I can't move anymore to the bottom/sides. I've never let it fall or anything, and I always took care of it.

Here is some video showing how it is currently:

So I'm thinking about delivering it to repair only because of this third problem. I'm not saying that I hate it completly, but there is a lot of engeneering problem on it!!!!!!!

What you guys think

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My controller disconnects for a second or so, and comes back without assistance from myself. This is highly irritating. I don't always have this issue. I have the COD controller, so it wouldn't have been part of your batch either.
Regards to the buttons/analogue, they're fine so far. Been playing every day for 3 months.

Reaction score
My controller disconnects for a second or so, and comes back without assistance from myself. This is highly irritating. I don't always have this issue. I have the COD controller, so it wouldn't have been part of your batch either.
Regards to the buttons/analogue, they're fine so far. Been playing every day for 3 months.

I've been reading that a few people related that the analog is drifting, others it stops working... Mine have a little screw or something that doesnt let me fully move around :(:

Hopely they don't say this as bad-usage or something, since I've never let it fall or anything... At least for now I'm able to watch netflix and do simple stuff with it, but I cant play absolutely anything :*:

Back