Nowcom/Rhaon shutting down alot of servers.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    AsylumLocation
    773Posts

Nowcom/Rhaon shutting down alot of servers.

Well, here's kind of a public warning about releasing your servers to a wide audience.

Rhaon/Nowcom has now shut down the two biggest Tales Runner servers, Aeon and Prizma Talesrunner.

Actions are now being taken against Tales Runner private servers
    They've already proceeded to shut down the majority of Thai ones, and now they seem to be targeting some of the bigger English servers as well.
    Now this doesn't exactly apply to every server opening, but I think its just to know there's now a higher chance of possible cease and desists letters being sent to you.

I hope you all know that private servers are illegal, as you are owning (and possibility profiting) off a copy of a a server you don't legally own.

So be warned when you think about opening up to donations (for items of course) or opening to a public audience.

The message usually comes from a fellow named Jin. They also contact through facebook.

then probably a contract like this
    Last edited by mcaso123; 13-02-14 at 08:06 PM.
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 645M / 2GB DDR3

MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    3Posts

Re: Nowcom/Rhaon shutting down alot of servers.

Oh I know it
    Before Aeon Talesrunner letter to AfreecaTV why SGP shut down
    After AfreecaTV say Aeon should shut down server

ModeratorRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    NetherlandsLocation
    2,643Posts

Thanks for spreading the news and providing actual proof.
    Rumors have been going around for a long time so I'm glad it's clear for everyone that this is happening now.
    "Knowledge will become available to those who are determined"

http://twitter.com/KillerStefan
    Follow my eSports org @ fb.com/TeamParia

Quote Originally Posted by KillerStefan View Post
    Ask gPotato to send it to me then since they can just ask Nexon for my contact details
    Quote Originally Posted by border9008 View Post
    So.. if we contact Gpotato about the "database," our US tr info will be in the private version?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishwin View Post
    We're getting alot of complaints against KillerStefan. I don't think it's because he's incompetent, but rather the members of that section seem to be.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    AsylumLocation
    773Posts

This contract is also the reason I do NOT make anymore youtube videos.
    My videos are some of the only ones published on youtube, and those videos are direct evidence of me using an illegal copy of their server, and modifiying them, and teaching people how to.
    I haven't gotten any atm, but they have the right to take down my youtube channel because of it, one that I actually upload on regularly and take great pride in.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    AsylumLocation
    773Posts

Update: Rhaon has been giving some servers permission to run under the fact they dont call it "Runner' or Tales Runner.
    I wouldn't trust that they'd let this pass for any old server, so still be cautious

Advertisement