Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VB Source] Tales Runner Launcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, even though i'm not new on ragezone (but stopped using ragezone for aLmost 3 years), i haven't reaLLy contribute with anything speciaL or have posted much on it, but i wiLL try to provide you with more stuff in the future, for now, i have a source i created with vb for a Tales Runner Launcher, the Launcher is Live and a few are using it on the Tales Runner Latino server (i am not an admin/mod or in any way affiLiated with that private server) i just created the Launcher for them.

skin2 on my source has images from the TRLatino Launcher V2.0, but it seems kevin got the images from naty48's source so thanks to naty48 for the images?

im new on the tr private server dev and therefore i have nothing working properLy at the moment
so i wiLL ((TRY)) to create a server aLong you aLL (might need heLp from some of you though) :)

the Launcher I created has images as the background and therefore you wiLL need to create your own images (i did not used LabeLs on this Launcher), the Launcher has the foLLowing:

TR cLient settings:
- fuLL screen/windows mode
- game quaLity: high, medium, Low
- voLume, bgm, effects
- Login @ Lobby, park, farm
(If you want to add more of the settings to the Launcher, Like Fkeys function, up,down.Left,right, posteffect/edgeeffect(on/off), etc, i can assist you with that asweLL

Launcher options/settings:
- check if the trgame.exe fiLe is in the same foLder
- creates a settings fiLe, and in any case it gets deLeted by accident, it wiLL create a new settings fiLe, with the defauLt info.
- onLy 16 characters can be pLaced (Textbox itseLf doesn't aLLow more characters)
- onLy aLphabet chars (incLuding ñ for spanish Language) and numbers aLLowed (not even spaces are aLLowed)
- save/Load username/password (in a not very common foLder[windows foLder/sub foLder], so the users can't find it (for a muLti-users pc))
- password textbox wiLL show * chars, but when its empty, it wiLL show "password" instead of ********
- form aLso has the save Location option (saves the Last Location of the Launcher and opens up in the same Location) *aLternative
- borderLess form and transparency *aLternative
- if you have more than one skin to show to your users and want the Launcher to show a different skin each time the Launcher opens up, then this tutoriaL wiLL aLso have what you need.

vb source:

Launcher wiLL need .Net framework 4.0 and you at Least need to have windows vista with it
*pLease note that i have posted NOTES and INFORMATION on the source and they are in green
*NOTES can be found on the main and the skin2 FORMS on my source (skin1 and skin2 have aLmost the same codes)

VB Code is for Visual Studio 2012 (which onLy runs on windows 7 or 8)
if you have Visual Studio 2010 i wiLL try to assist you with it.

- Kuri

currentLy working on this Tales Runner MX Launcher: (THIS IS NOT the Launcher on my source)
Kurisoft - [VB Source] Tales Runner Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh, but i didn't create my source with naty's source, i onLy got the pics from your Launcher, but true that, i guess the pictures were yours, sorry about that :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
stiLL working on the Launcher, what i'm doing right now is creating a form so the GMs can work with it
the Launcher wiLL have pLenty of GM tooLs that wiLL aLLow the Launcher to connect to the sqL database/tabLes, of course i wiLL be reLeasing the codes

so you can do a few things with it.
exampLes:
1. Loggin out your own username when Loggin in (sometimes your username is stiLL onLine even though you have Logout from TR) [not a GM tooL, but it wiLL be a reLease on the Launcher asweLL]
2. Piero coLour changer.
3. Gift Tools.
4. check if username/password user typed in exists, or if password matches the username in the sqL database.
5. Launcher wiLL check if the username typed in is a GM account or not, if it is, it wiLL aLLow you to open the GM tooLs which are hidden with a CTRL+ALT+T key pressed, if the username is not a GM it wont aLLow you to open the GM tooLs.
6. execute other custom query you might have.
and other tooLs which at the moment i'm working on.

Programmer / Admin at Tales Runner MX
- Visual Studio Developer (VB.NET) 2012
- Kuri

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seriously, what's up with you putting L's as caps?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you are having troubLe understanding my source, i can go ahead and create a more simpLe source with the same codes and settings.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you are having troubLe understanding my source, i can go ahead and create a more simpLe source with the same codes and settings.
Do it in English then. Not everyone knows that language

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
heLLow everyone, i just finished my source, a more simpLe one without images, aLmost same settings and options, and best of aLL, in engLish!

Let me know what you think ~>

(if you get an error or see a bug, Let me know so i can teLL you how to fix it)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
heLLow everyone, i just finished my source, a more simpLe one without images, aLmost same settings and options, and best of aLL, in engLish!

Let me know what you think ~>

(if you get an error or see a bug, Let me know so i can teLL you how to fix it)
Nice.

EDIT: forum is dying. REVIVE IT

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lmao, i can't revive the forum, not with my tr knowLedge, but a good dev or a contributor can actuaLLy do it, i gave up on my tr server for now, can't make it connect to my ip, even though i have open aLL ports on my sateLLite router. wiLL continue with it once i format my pc, and it couLd take a few days, or a week or two. :p

but any questions regarding the Launcher i wiLL answer them. :]

Back