Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The whole server creation guide.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A video guide by Kevin Teran if you want to follow through a neat, clean video. http://forum.ragezone.com/f813/tales-runner-setup-video-server-952180/

You will need:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition with Management Studio
Hamachi (Or if you've done this kind of thing before, you can use anything you like)
Server files ( )
Game files (Preferably the one mcaso123 uploaded on thepiratebay.sx)
OPTIONAL:
Navicat Premium (It's easier to edit the db with it in my opinion) (No, even if you install this you still need Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition with Management Studio.)

I've dug out a small part of the installation process. http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/tales-runner-server-setup-823928/index2.html#post6870429 Btw it's in the attachment if you don't know.

EDIT: Okay there are no other questions other than anything related about installing the database and the programs not showing up. I want better questions to roam around, so I'm going to just put down HOW TO INSTALL SQL SERVER
Go to this webpage, , and download
SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe and SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe.
In the installation, you should see a page like this
Megaponder - The whole server creation guide. - RaGEZONE Forums

Set the named instance to anything memorizable and click next.
After that, click on Collation and make the Database Engine say

Under "Customize" it should look like this.

Then click next.
In the next page, check mixed mode and enter a password

And if you want to be sure, you can click "Add current user" too. (Windows authentication is quite nice to use because you don't have to connect to your db while entering a password :'D
Okay now just finish up the installation and you're done with the SQL Server.
Now install SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe. It's just the management studio so you don't have to do any configurations. Just install it. And then continue to the next step

Continuing, after the installation, run SQL Server Management Studio and connect to it. You can use Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication both is fine.
After connecting, it should show something like this in the left tab
Right click databases and click new database and follow the mini guide I gave you earlier. (In the 02 install db folder) Halfway during the mini guide, you'll notice another program is executed. Somewhere in the server files there will be a file named db_install_korea_2012_02_02.exe. Execute it and it will open up the program. Follow the guide again and it will install the database for you. When it's done it should have a small window saying "Package executed successfully" or something close to that(I think it auto closes. dunno.). If it didn't then you probably did the installation/db creation wrong

After that, you will now have to edit some tables.
In the SQL Server Management Studio program, open up the "Databases" tab, open up the database you included, and then open up "Tables". There will be a lot of tables showing up but don't fret. It's quite easy to find because it's listed in alphabetical form. The tables to change are (adding dbo if you find that I don't make sense) And if you don't know how to change the tables, right click the table and click "Edit top 200 rows".

dbo.tblCM_ServerListAgentSvr
dbo.tblCM_ServerListSessionSvr
dbo.tblServerListAgentSvr
dbo.tblServerListRoomSvr

Put your Hamachi IP address on all the tables that originally had IP addresses in them but
READ THIS FIRST
In dbo.tblServerListRoomSvr the ports all must be 9152. Take note there's a sneaky one that's 9153
In dbo.tblServerListAgentSvr do not, I repeat, do not change the fdBillingServerIPs unless you know what are you doing.
EDIT: Forgot to put this.
Execute this query:
Code:
USE [database]
GO
/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[usp_startRoomServer]    Script Date: 03/03/2012 21:40:06 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
/*****************************************************************************
 Name: 
 Desc:

Return-values:

Parameters:
 Input
 ----------------------------

Output

Auth: 
 Date:
 Version:
 Change History
 Date: 2011.11.23

Author: Kim SangUk

Description: 룸 서버가 켜질때 유저의 팜 리스트 정보의 룸 서버 번호와, 룸 핸들 값을 초기화 한다

Date: 2012.01.31

Author: Kim SangUk

Description: 각 서버별 팜 캐시 최대치 추가

******************************************************************************/

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[usp_startRoomServer]
	@ip varchar(20),
	@port int
AS

SET NOCOUNT ON
EXEC dbo.usp_LogTranCount @@procid

declare    [USER=350171]ROO[/USER]mservernum int;
declare    [USER=1333423776]far[/USER]mCacheMax int;
declare    [USER=1333397948]limitro[/USER]omCount int;

select    [USER=350171]ROO[/USER]mservernum = fdNum,    [USER=1333423776]far[/USER]mCacheMax = fdFarmCacheMax,    [USER=1333397948]limitro[/USER]omCount = fdLimitRoomCount
from tblServerListRoomSvr with (nolock) 
where	fdServerIP = @ip and 
		fdServerPort = @port;

update tblServerListRoomSvr
set fdStartServerDateTime = getdate()
where	fdServerIP = @ip and 
		fdServerPort = @port;

update tblUserFarmList set fdRoomServerNum = 0, fdRoomHandle = 0, fdCacheRoomServerNum = 0
where fdRoomServerNum =    [USER=350171]ROO[/USER]mservernum

if    [USER=350171]ROO[/USER]mservernum is null
	begin
		raiserror('cannot find proper server', 16, 1);
		return;
	end
else
	select	  servernum =    [USER=350171]ROO[/USER]mservernum,
			  farmCacheMax =    [USER=1333423776]far[/USER]mCacheMax,
			  limitRoomCount =    [USER=1333397948]limitro[/USER]omCount,
			  dbtime = getdate();
Change the word "database" to the name of your database. Right click and click execute.
When you're done, there should be no errors.
Continuing, search "Set up ODBC data sources" in Windows and add select SQL Server. Put any name, description is optional, for most cases ODBC won't detect your server name so just go into SQL Server Management Studio and copy it into Server Name.
After that, it'll ask you about log in info select (dunno about the other) and for anyone using another language, it's the second option. Put in the login ID as "sa" and the password as whatever password you used when you installed the server. After that, check "Change the default database to" and change it to the Tales Runner database. Then just click next on the rest of the stuff and if you want to be sure, you can click "Test data source". It'll say it's successful if it is.
Now that you're done with ODBC, time to go to the server files.
You will want to extract the following from TalesRunner.zip:
Contents of 2012-02-26_1_korea.zip in the folder "ServerFiles"
"CheckProcess.exe" of TRServerController.zip in the folder "Editores"

When you're done, delete dbsetting.ini and run AgentServer.exe
It'll say it can't find dbsetting.ini and after you press "OK" it'll show a tiny form.
In connection name, put in your ODBC name into it.
In ID, put in "sa"
In password put in your sql password
Once you're done we will now proceed to editing the setting files.
In the Agentserver's setting.ini, change every IP to your Hamachi IP and change "none" from Loadbalanceip to your Hamachi IP also.
Change the IP inside the setting.ini file of communitysessionserver and roomserver to your Hamachi IP too.
After that, you're done.
Now starting the programs.
Open up checkprocess.exe first. And then the rest.

If one of the programs is not showing, you did something wrong and you have to close it with your task manager.

Click "refresh" in checkprocess.exe. If everything goes okay, it will show a green color on all places. If something's wrong it will show a red color on a box. Ignore the bottom text box. It's not important.
When everything goes okay, check these 3 things in agentserver.exe
And then make a .BAT file with this (you need to edit it a bit)
Code:
"(Location of trgame.exe)" -elevated:t -userid:(User ID) -userpass:(Password) -p:1 -pp:talesrunner/patch/ -ps:(IP) -zone:(IP):9500 -zoneID:1 -zoneName:USA -- gpotato
Dunno if you can leave -ps blank. Anyway, do not change the port in -zone.
After that run it as an administrator and it should work.

EDIT: If you get the wrong hash error, don't fret. There's a tutorial for it by Nega0. It is also on Amit Asaf's website

Credits:
KillerStefan
mcaso123
phprap
Nyamochka

Bug fixes(Because I'm lazy to edit the whole chunk of text):

1. Execute MSDTC. (For anyone who doesn't know how you can PM me)

2. Delete 54 servers from both of the tables (tblServerListRoomSvr and tblServerListAgentSvr)

3. http://forum.ragezone.com/f814/usp_logout-fix-957762/ (Credits to Nathan Adhitya)
Execute the query.

EDIT: If I am not lazy I might just rewrite the whole thing. Hell, I'm not even sure if this tutorial works. Might take a while though. Reformatted my computer due to BSoDs(and lost my data q-q) so I'll just see if this works.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

oh gosh I was credited
Your guide seems pretty stable, Idk why you would say it wouldnt be for official servers.
You explain quite a bit.
Well, I didn't really teach how to fix bugs since I probably don't know myself. Anyway, there are tons of bugs but I'll list an example.
The logging out bug.
When you log out it gives an error and doesn't actually log you out until you do the two accounts online stuff. And after that if I don't restart the server it will give me hashing error. Quite annoying

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
- same probLem about the Log out issue, if onLy i knew where to find out the users onLine on the sqL (if possible) or if i knew how to forcefuLLy Log us out i couLd put it on a Launcher as code :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't see AgentServer & RoomServer window..
And I've Error File! on CMAgentServer..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea I've hamachi, Did edit the tables, Did re-make like 3 times for the ODBC.., Did Re-Edit the Tables 3 times too..
I don't know whats wrong, CMAgentServer is Error File! And RoomServer&AgentServer isn't showing up, but they're in the task manager..
I'm confused ><
Its says "2013/08/23 06:22:54 - Cannot make DB connection. check ODBC and exec env
2013/08/23 06:22:54 - !!! Can't initDBConnection"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea I've hamachi, Did edit the tables, Did re-make like 3 times for the ODBC.., Did Re-Edit the Tables 3 times too..
I don't know whats wrong, CMAgentServer is Error File! And RoomServer&AgentServer isn't showing up, but they're in the task manager..
I'm confused ><
Did you edit the setting.ini in CMAgentServer?
Also did you delete dbsetting.ini?
Btw please be faster. It's 5:30 AM here and I'm having a headache q-q

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea did both of them.. Here, a picture of my CMAgentServer setting.ini:

And btw, All those files that Kevin has like: setIP, StartUp2 ETC I don't have them ><, Picture of my TR Files:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have teamviewer? I'll help you out through that
Nvm I think I'll sleep now. I'll help you out when I wake up

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea, Do you have skype or something, or lets go to pm's?
Btw, when i trying to choose my SQL server in ODBC its stucks and gives nothing,
So i just copied my SQL server name and paste there, is that ok or its wrong? ><

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Btw, when i trying to choose my SQL server in ODBC its stucks and gives nothing,
So i just copied my SQL server name and paste there, is that ok or its wrong? ><
Well, I'm still up. PM me your skype.

Reaction score
Copying it is fine, but make sure there's an ODBC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server . the server was no found or was not accessible" how to solve this prop​

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server . the server was no found or was not accessible" how to solve this prop​

Your server name was probably wrong.
Code:
localhost\servername
replace servername with whatever server name you used

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the solution to the problems of adding people in the messenger has to execute the "MSTDC" Distributed Transactions Coordinator... Services in your PC where the server is hosted

Back