Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Edit S8 can't log in SQL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i have Error when i try to run Mu Edit S8 http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/mu-editor-season-8-a-1069196/

Can Someone help my SQL is opened so you can see i tried (local)\SQLEXPRESS and HOME\Renats didn't work
I have opened Port 1433 in Firewall\Advanced setting \Inbound Rules My firewall and Antivirus is turned off.

What i want to do is Edit my Test chars to make them GM and edit char stats and items.

I couldn't find any fix on ragezone forum trough the google i used key word search.

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You don't have to open ports when you are working on localhost only. I see that SQL Server is on the same machine, where you are executing mumaker. From that error I guess, that your SQL config is not correct. As SQL host try to use only "(local)" or "SQLEXPRESS" (or maybe also "127.0.0.1").

Btw, did you configured SQL Server to allow connections from other sources? Maybe this can be the problem.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't have to open ports when you are working on localhost only. I see that SQL Server is on the same machine, where you are executing mumaker. From that error I guess, that your SQL config is not correct. As SQL host try to use only "(local)" or "SQLEXPRESS" (or maybe also "127.0.0.1").

Btw, did you configured SQL Server to allow connections from other sources? Maybe this can be the problem.

Yes SQL server is on same machine. yea i tried all those even HOME/Renats but cant get it working.

I don't think so how can i do it ?

Because i tried every editor none of them seem to work because i cant seem to get SQL to connect to editor to access.

I tried with IzsMuEditor, Mu Edit S8 .

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use IzsMuEditor ODBC and 100% READY :)

It does't work
"
//IF your use ODBC is not important sql data below.
SqlIP =127.0.0.1
SqlUser =sa
SqlPass =1234
DBname =MuOnline
Sql_RemotePort =1433
"
:/
No errors on IzsMuEditor but just doesn't launch i start it and after few sec the same login screen apears its my SQL :/

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then problem is in configuration of your SQL server. You must enable TCP/IP protocol and configure ports.

the SQL TCP/IP ports were configured i did it at the start when i setup server. :/ configured ports u mean in my internet modem

Can you check is it set right.
just im not sure if they are opened correctly

Do i need to open 1433 port as well ?
(port opening is new to me so i use guides from youtube and google.)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright simple fix.

Open up configuration manager for sql.

And then enable name pipes & TC/IP and what ever else is there. Right click and click properties on TC/IP and make all the ports 1433. And enable them all. To Yes.

Then restart the sql. And go to mumaker make sure all your sql configuration is correct.

Yes open port 1433 see if that works. If not do what i said.

HF,

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright simple fix.

Open up configuration manager for sql.

And then enable name pipes & TC/IP and what ever else is there. Right click and click properties on TC/IP and make all the ports 1433. And enable them all. To Yes.

Then restart the sql. And go to mumaker make sure all your sql configuration is correct.

Yes open port 1433 see if that works. If not do what i said.

HF,

So i checked files and Pipe was disabled but i enabled it , but still the same

Hmm ...

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You got facebook so i can add you i will help you through teamviewer.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
first of all you tried mumaker version 2.0 ? why that..
use last version 1.12 / 1.13 or something.

in mumaker config u must put UR-PCNAME\SQLEXPRESS and ur sql password...

btw i dont recommend sql pass with just 4 letters '1234' is weak, just put something like 123321 or 123test instead.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You got facebook so i can add you i will help you through teamviewer.

I send you pm ;)

first of all you tried mumaker version 2.0 ? why that..
use last version 1.12 / 1.13 or something.

in mumaker config u must put UR-PCNAME\SQLEXPRESS and ur sql password...

btw i dont recommend sql pass with just 4 letters '1234' is weak, just put something like 123321 or 123test instead.

I looked for 1.13 but website is dead and 4share links are dead. Im using http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/mu-editor-season-8-a-1069196/
But if you know link could you provide it or reupload on https://mega.nz/ files.

Ok i just tried Renats-HOME\SQLEXPRESS and HOME-Renats\SQLEXPRESS and (local) and Local none of them work with http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/izsmu-editor-1-1-zteam-1074525/

and my password is just test password for test files and setup later i change password.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 well http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/mumaker-1-12-a-589532/ is enough
2. the name is probably not always the issue even if u put 127.0.0.1 it could work.
3. i just said if u can change ur sql password with atleast 5+ symbols/numbers whatever it could help.

if u still have issues PM me ur skype ill help ya.

I send you pm private .

I also tried HOME\SQLEXPRESS didn't work.
My password is changed just now changed to 7 letters .
Still didn't work.

Here is SQL Server Name

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I send you pm private .

I also tried HOME\SQLEXPRESS didn't work.
My password is changed just now changed to 7 letters .
Still didn't work.

Here is SQL Server Name

Btw if you enabled TCP/IP pipes i hope u didnt forget to add Ports in IP Adresses on TCP/IP properties, put 1433 to every IP and restart sql server and recheck, if u didnt add port 1433 to TCP/IP - > IP Adresses then thats why.
oh and you using (local)\SQLEXPRESS not UR-PC\SQLEXPRESS i can see it from the left menu where u connected.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back