Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuMaker connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get this error when trying to connect MuMaker to SQL 2005, My windows is a windows 2008 server.

---------------------------
MuMaker
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
OK

Anyone have a solution tried searching but i found nothing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
allow mssql port, but i not recomand you to use remote mu maker. Will be vulnerable.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyway try to allow port of mssql, windows server 2008 its very good win, but very complicate to setup all setings to working server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyway try to allow port of mssql, windows server 2008 its very good win, but very complicate to setup all setings to working server.

I have allowed the port, It's still giving me this error.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use this guide and will working.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Followed this guide and it didn't help me I can't even connect locally to the SQL server with MuMaker, Does MuMaker even work on MSSQL express?? Also my server doesn't have (local)

Eyes - MuMaker connection error - RaGEZONE Forums

My server has only one database MuOnline and it has it all

[SQL]
RPW=0
Usuario=sa
PassWord=password
Connection=Local
IPServer=127.0.0.1
PORTServer=1433
MuOnline=MuOnline
MuEvent=MuOnline
MuRanking=MuOnline
TimeLimit=360
ExtWareHouse=ExtWareHouse
Reset=Resets
[Config]
Languaje=Espanol
NuExtraWareHouses=0
ExtraWareHouse=0
Reset=0
MD5=0
FirstLoad=1
AutoReLoad=0
[Personal]
Name=N00B

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Anyone know??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back