Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

setting up server files vps and website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i'm planning to buy a vps and website from this web hosting . But till now I still cant find a proper tutorial on how to upload (mucore 1.0.8 using xampp 5.4) from the web. Do I just need to drag and drop my htdocs files located in xampp folder?

Thanks I really need your help and suggestions.

EDIT: Does VPS has built in webhost? Because im confused. I keep seeing from the forum replies "host website and server on same pc "

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For The Website Here:

For VPS Here You Go.
You obv didn't search i posted this like 15 times. I'm currently using my friend VPS hosting and its actually really good i recommend it a lot. He uses VMware not KVM I'm currently using a dedicated server and im really impressed so far: go there. they come with good anti ddos and good specs.

But here are the other ones.
These are good. But it depends on your budget there is many sites that i recommend for you depending on your budget. If your going cheap use VPS if you have a high budget use dedicated servers. I have a few sites you can use. provided by many members over the last few months. Since i only use the first 3 i really recommend those [OVH] [GreenCloud] [PhotonVPS] are good in my opinion. But those are the only one i used out of that list.

Also some extra information make sure you get something with anti ddos protection if you decide to get greencloud vps get seo tools 1 or better or get high ram vps they come with anti ddos.

If i remember correctly ovh and photonvps no matter what vps you buy comes with anti ddos.

Make sure you get Windows OS as well. With at least around 2-6 GB ram. Depending on what season you running.

Have Fun,

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simply install ftp client on your computer and enable ftp server on your vps, or just simply upload your files on some uploading site and download it inside your VPS that's very simple.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you DevScript and DragonSeth that was really useful!!

I've already ordered a vps here I ordered cpu ultra windows vps cpu optimized. heres the specs below. And can someone please tell me if its enough? 30-50 players. Season 6 Episode 3.

4 x 3.1 GHz+ (Turbo 3.80 GHz)
200 GB HDD Soft RAID
4 GB DDR3 RAM
1 Gbps Port Speed
Unlimited Bandwith
99.9% Uptime SLA

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thank you @DevScript and @DragonSeth that was really useful!!

I've already ordered a vps here I ordered cpu ultra windows vps cpu optimized. heres the specs below. And can someone please tell me if its enough? 30-50 players. Season 6 Episode 3.

4 x 3.1 GHz+ (Turbo 3.80 GHz)
200 GB HDD Soft RAID
4 GB DDR3 RAM
1 Gbps Port Speed
Unlimited Bandwith
99.9% Uptime SLA

Its been answered very long time ago I dont think if its way back 2007.The connection of the player didn't count on your server specification it count on your net speed (UPLOAD SPEED) of your hosts.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@I Am NoLimiT Thanks I thought it depends in RAM and CPU.

Anyways, can someone please help me setup a vps? like what are the drivers needed to be installed? Do I need to use Windows Update?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@I Am NoLimiT Thanks I thought it depends in RAM and CPU.

Anyways, can someone please help me setup a vps? like what are the drivers needed to be installed? Do I need to use Windows Update?

Thanks.

You doesn't have to install any drivers and dont use Windows Update, Just use it when the host provider sent you your vps details.Just setup your server directly at first you may need browser like google chrome or firefox its up with you then download/install sql server.
then upload your server files / web files on some uploading sites then download it inside your vps and set it up then your good to go.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Yes that's what first I installed chrome and change some config in the Internet Options. But anyways I got it working now and I can play ingame. I also installed microsoft framework,odbc driver, microsoft visual C. Now I only need to setup the webhost.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys i need your help. Im getting this error while installing MUCore, Connection with MuOnline Database Failed - Fix this.

Here is what I did in SQL Server Configuration Manager
Shared Memory TCP / IP, Named Pipes and VIA are enabled. All Port is 1433 (Port opened). Included also in firewall. Enabled YES, Active Yes to all IP. I can login my VPS ip in SQL Server Management Studio with my username: sa and password: thisismypassword. I also restarted SQL services. But still no luck. What am I missing?

here below my config.
$core['db_host'] = "5.39.26.84";
$core['db_name'] = "MuOnline";
$core['db_user']= "sa";
$core['db_password'] = "thisismypassword";

PS: Im using SQL Server 2008R2

Upvote 0
RaGEZONER Since 2004
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Guys i need your help. Im getting this error while installing MUCore, Connection with MuOnline Database Failed - Fix this.

Here is what I did in SQL Server Configuration Manager
Shared Memory TCP / IP, Named Pipes and VIA are enabled. All Port is 1433 (Port opened). Included also in firewall. Enabled YES, Active Yes to all IP. I can login my VPS ip in SQL Server Management Studio with my username: sa and password: thisismypassword. I also restarted SQL services. But still no luck. What am I missing?

here below my config.
$core['db_user']= "sa";

PS: Im using SQL Server 2008R2

Try $core['db_host'] = "127.0.0.1";
And check your connection either ODBC or MSSQL

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
im using a remote access. I need the vps IP.

My current problem now is that I can login my sql database login to MuMaker but I cant on MuCore it says "
Connection with MuOnline Database. Failed - Fix this.

Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: 5.39.26.84 in /home/yahhyy/public_html/engine/adodb/drivers/adodb-mssql.inc.php on line 555
5.39.26.84: Connection error to server '5.39.26.84' with user 'sa'
Failed - Fix this

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You do not need a remote IP you don't even haft to have a IP. In the db host put your PC/ SQL express name. And change odbc to MSSQL and use xampp 1.7.7 if your using ex700 above and use xampp 1.7.1 for season 6 and below . have fun

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@DragonSeth Yes its using MMSQL, im currently using the lghost that u recommended me. And im currently using their engine not XAMPP "https://lghost.co.uk/2016/09/04/not-use-xampp-production-websites/"

I've changed the dh host and it says

Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: WIN-6QKDHF2CD4V in /home/yahhyy/public_html/engine/adodb/drivers/adodb-mssql.inc.php on line 555
WIN-6QKDHF2CD4V: Connection error to server 'WIN-6QKDHF2CD4V' with user 'sa'
Failed - Fix this

Maybe the problem is the php version? since my xampp localhost is using php5.4 and the webhost that im using is using 5.6?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi KarLi I got it working now. I was using the versoin php 5.6 (by default cpanel) so I asked the support to change my php to 5.4 now its working I can use the ip of my vps to connect to MuCore and I installed the necessary extensions.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Try $core['db_host'] = "127.0.0.1";
And check your connection either ODBC or MSSQL

sir if your server files dont have this -- $core['db_host'] = "5.39.26.84";
$core['db_user']= "sa";

how is gonna be ? your files didn't connect to sql data base how to add that ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back