Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VPS and Webhost Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you separate your website host with your vps/dedicated server? or just host it inside your server via xampp?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Separe because if your "website" is attacked, your users online (muonline server) has been lagged/disconnected and if you try enter remotly you cant (if this attack is very big), DDoS protection not is 100% secure (a good DDoS cost 1000 usd monthly or more).
You can try buy a Webhosting (MSSQL - Cpanel is a good option) and VPS (if is posible, in diferent company because if this company have a internet problem, you have the webserver and muonline server down).

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you have ddos protection host (ovh) for example no need to seperate it imo.
but ofc u can do it if u just want, also u can include updates in the webserver of your website for the game server

maybe i'll try it inside my vps first then separate it when my server grow.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've found this while searching for windows web hosting

Anyone use their service? or will the specs be compatible to run mucore website?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try it and let us know how it goes, also it says 10GB Cisco Network, i guess cisco are ddos protected and 1GBps connection is super fast.
(better make a ticket/support contact them to know 100%)

ok i will try to contact them and post their feedback later.

Here's the answer to my inquiry

Me: do your window web hosting have ddos protection included?

Hello,
InterServer has partnered with cloudflare for dos protection. I would recommend if your site receives attacks that you should set up cloudflare CDN on all domains - it is free to do.

John Quaglieri
InterServer, Inc

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
installed it in my webhost but i'm having problem logging in the control panel..even default login details not work
tqPq5cE - VPS and Webhost Question - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
does your web admin username or password include any symbols?

and plus cloudflare free isnt even that strong protection but for the begin u can keep it.. assuming u wont have any attackers if u think so, else u need another host then if they dont give and offer ddos protection without cloudflare

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
does your web admin username or password include any symbols?

and plus cloudflare free isnt even that strong protection but for the begin u can keep it.. assuming u wont have any attackers if u think so, else u need another host then if they dont give and offer ddos protection without cloudflare

no i already tried my custom access and then re-installed using default admin access both not accepted

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
usually it should work u should ask ur webhost about the issue

Here's what they suggest.
please check for this code in your all pages and there are some headers for this authentication as below :-

if($_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_USER"] && $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"]){

}
header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=);
header("HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized");

Please remove this and your problem will be solved.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
installed it in my webhost but i'm having problem logging in the control panel..even default login details not work
tqPq5cE - VPS and Webhost Question - RaGEZONE Forums

Here's what they suggest.
please check for this code in your all pages and there are some headers for this authentication as below :-

if($_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_USER"] && $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"]){

}
header("WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=);
header("HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized");

Please remove this and your problem will be solved.

i dont know about this stuff unfortunaly :D jacubb

maybe in admincp folder if u have htaccess file delete it and see if it helps (im not also sure if its safe without it)

There shouldn't be any issues when doing it, at the worst case, you can "rename it" and in case of issues, you can "rename it back". :p

Here's what the issue and not renaming problem

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back