Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Website getting Dos attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So even though I'm hosted at OVH which claims to provide DDOS protected IP's, every 12 years old child that uses software to flood my website can shut it down. I get many Dos attacks and my website is shutting down all the time. How do I protect myself from that? There's absolutely no way that any 12 years old child will be able to shut my website down..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
pinging a server to find its ip doesnt mean its not protected there are always proxey tcp server that can show up
even if you found the real ip of the server there's not that much you can do with it if the server itself is protected

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
pinging a server to find its ip doesnt mean its not protected there are always proxey tcp server that can show up
even if you found the real ip of the server there's not that much you can do with it if the server itself is protected

You offered Cloudflare as a protect service for my web, so I informed you that cloudflare never claimed to protect your direct IP but your DOMAIN.
Which means, if someone is able to get your IP (through your client), he can bypass Cloudflare protection.

The whole point of Cloudflare's protection is to hide your IP and I think you've missed it.
Try pinging your domain, you won't get your dedi's IP but a cloudflare's one.
That's the whole point of this protection.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes, depends on the case, if your direct ip linked with your domain, then this is the option just one of them too be honest
just read my new message.

Upvote 0
Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
You offered Cloudflare as a protect service for my web, so I informed you that cloudflare never claimed to protect your direct IP but your DOMAIN.
Which means, if someone is able to get your IP (through your client), he can bypass Cloudflare protection.

The whole point of Cloudflare's protection is to hide your IP and I think you've missed it.
Try pinging your domain, you won't get your dedi's IP but a cloudflare's one.
That's the whole point of this protection.

Also, the free package of Cloudflare only provides basic DDoS protection.

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
@itaialroy You could try to host it in the Ragezone sponsor ? ( ) then your problem should be solved. Or use their :)

Or use a Dedicated Server with them (then you are surely safe, as there is no "real ip to be found").

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back