The Future Of WarRock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

The Future Of WarRock

- NECRO POSTING IS ALLOWED IN THIS TOPIC -

We all know that the community of warrock is shirking, and I'm wondering how you guys are looking at the future of warrock. The game is almost a decade old and has changed a lot since the beginning.

Personally I give Warrock a few years and then it will die due the lack of players. There are a few possibilities of reviving this game. The game as is, is really unbalanced for players who are playing without paying which is a shame. The game should be re-balanced so everyone can enjoy it. The graphics don't really bother me that much but the game itself should really change it's internal structure/system so they finally can fix the bugs and implement new features better.

This is my opinion of the future and I would love to hear yours to. Feel free to discuss your opinion in this topic. This topic applies to the real game and private servers.

Some posts might be out of order due to the moving and merging of old topics.
    Last edited by Taiga; 06-10-15 at 02:31 PM.

Moderator & Developer
    I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH YOUR SERVER, USE THE CORRECT HELP SECTION INSTEAD.
    I AM ONLY TAIGA ON RAGEZONE!

DO NOT PM ME FOR GAME RELATED QUESTIONS, THESE MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED!

MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    33Posts

[Discussion] The Future Of WarRock

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDragon View Post
    They messed it up. The game was laggy and unplayable for a lot of players. I think they fixed it overtime tough.
    I personally don't think it's a good idea to move to client2server with this game since the game is such a mess.
    They should have re-implement the hole network structure of the game but they just went for this simple solution.
    I personally think its time for Warrock 2 to be produce, i mean the Graphics, the Network and all should be fully gewritten/designed. But that

probably will never happen.. :/

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

Re: WarRock International Network Changes

Quote Originally Posted by conrew View Post
    I personally think its time for Warrock 2 to be produce, i mean the Graphics, the Network and all should be fully gewritten/designed. But that probably will never happen.. :/
    To be honest, it's time that WarRock should die. Not because I hate it but the game is over a decade old and it still has a crappy Networking & Graphics engine. I've heard rumors about WarRock 2 on the Gamerfirst forums years ago. I hope that they are true because WarRock lost it's potential for me years ago due the fact that they never really fixed issues they had. The developers (Dream execution) didn't really update the game as frequently.
    I know it's a small company but still the poor design of the game makes it really hard to implement new things. I've analysed the game trough dumping it and loading it up in IDA. If Dream Execution ever reads this, please fix the game. It's a nice game but it really needs some work if you don't want it to lose it's potential for new players. The current game can't compete with the next generation of games.

I assume that the game will lose it's potential in a few years, their goal is a indirectly pay to win. I know it's not easy to host a free to play game but the 'VIP' servers was the lowest they could get. The game needs a version 2 if it wants to survive.
    Last edited by Taiga; 21-06-14 at 11:29 PM.

Moderator & Developer

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    9Posts

To be honest, it's time that WarRock should die. Not because I hate it but the game is over a decade old and it still has a crappy Networking & Graphics engine. I've heard rumors about WarRock 2 on the Gamerfirst forums years ago. I hope that they are true because WarRock lost it's potential for me years ago due the fact that they never really fixed issues they had. The developers (Dream execution) didn't really update the game as frequently.
    I know it's a small company but still the poor design of the game makes it really hard to implement new things. I've analysed the game trough dumping it and loading it up in IDA. If Dream Execution ever reads this, please fix the game. It's a nice game but it really needs some work if you don't want it to lose it's potential for new players. The current game can't compete with the next generation of games.

I assume that the game will lose it's potential in a few years, their goal is a indirectly pay to win. I know it's not easy to host a free to play game but the 'VIP' servers was the lowest they could get. The game needs a version 2 if it wants to survive.

Or an open source Private Server where everyone can work & improve on.
    One that people enjoy playing on, without premium crap or pay 2 win stuff.

But yeah, the world ain't perfect and this community ain't either (no offence), It's cool but there will always be a dark side.

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 221boy221 View Post
    Or an open source Private Server where everyone can work & improve on.
    One that people enjoy playing on, without premium crap or pay 2 win stuff.

But yeah, the world ain't perfect and this community ain't either (no offence), It's cool but there will always be a dark side.
    Many people had this idea, but the point is that people don't care if it's open-source or not.
    The community has been 'shit' since the beginning. Always fighting and crying who is the 'best'.
    Last edited by Taiga; 31-03-15 at 08:47 AM.

Moderator & Developer

MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    69Posts

Many people had this idea, but the point is that people don't care if it's open-source or not. This isn't even related to this topic btw.
    The community has been 'shit' since the beginning. Always fighting and crying who is the 'best'.
    Yes, the problem is, everyone want money for that ¬¬. I know, be a programmer cost our brains, but when you want to do something free, only can do local in a ciry :/

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n1ckzero View Post
    Yes, the problem is, everyone want money for that ¬¬. I know, be a programmer cost our brains, but when you want to do something free, only can do local in a ciry :/
    Well it only where a few but then they generalize it because of the douche bags in the community.
    There are a lot of developers who don't want to share their stuff because it will get sold by leechers if they release it.
    I planned to release a open source emulator a few months ago but I came back on the idea because people convinced me that others would sell it and trust me it's true. The half working emulator I wrote has already been changed & re-uploaded by someone else claiming it's his. :)

Moderator & Developer

MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    69Posts

Well it only where a few but then they generalize it because of the douche bags in the community.
    There are a lot of developers who don't want to share their stuff because it will get sold by leechers if they release it.
    I planned to release a open source emulator a few months ago but I came back on the idea because people convinced me that others would sell it and trust me it's true. The half working emulator I wrote has already been changed & re-uploaded by someone else claiming it's his. :)
    Yeah the problem was, if anyone release all fixed, the people doesn't work together because all want to have the server and be admin,but well, not problem, if one day someone put a server free, like mk wii hehe xD

MemberRank
    Jan 2014 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    9Posts

re: [Discussion]The future of Warrock

I've played Warrock from the moment it gone out of Closed Beta till around 2010, that's where the pay 2 win started to annoy me way too much and I have had my times of being a hacker as well as being a gold premium member.
    I have tried to return now and then but it failed to keep me from leaving again.
    The server / connection lag never really bothered me since I always enjoyed playing the game but now that there are so many AAA MMOFPS games out there it is kind of annoying me that the creators of warrock refuse to update their game code or to reprogram it entirely since if you can't match up to graphics of this day then all you can really do is make sure the gameplay is perfect.
    Look at Battlefield 4, beautiful graphics yet terrible gameplay, I'd rather play a match of warrock with my friends and laugh than playing a game that lags fps and server wise and that is full of glitches and bugs that can be gamebreaking.

Of course Warrock has hackers and I am sure it will always have them since it's a Free 2 Play game although it shouldn't be as much as there are right now.
    Now that there are private servers out there I hope that we can finally get rid of the Pay 2 Win scene and improve the game it's codes since some of us aren't as lazy as the ones that created the game.

I still have my hopes up...

MemberRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    60Posts

I personally believe the player base will shrink if the officials continue to push the premium crap on people. Kids are wasting money away on it, but eventually I think people will leave because of the pay2win focus. Currently it's a bit difficult to keep a private server running without the officials sueing and demanding private servers are to be taken down left, right and center. I think once the official servers start to die hard, then we'll have the best chance to keep a private server up and take hold of the people jumping ship.

MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    SpainLocation
    42Posts

I believe that if we work in the private source of server and client by running bg, cars and ai will attract people because people want to play with all the content not only cqc. I also think that if we make changes to the weapons so that all are free and the premium can be purchased in the item shop dinnar people would come in droves. I had it on my server but also configured for lack of a vps could not get it out, all on private servers with respect to the public not think you can do much the company just wants to make money and will have to make changes to deny

I think the solution is to work on private servers because the official will end

a greeting

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    NetherlandsLocation
    33Posts

Re: [Discussion]The future of Warrock

I started playing WarRock at the begin of chapter one, it was fun back then.
    Not many people knew about hacks and cheats. So you could play fairly, no whiners about hackers when you had a great score.
    It's all about skill..

But then after a few years off fun, chapter three came out and people had great thoughts about it.
    I expected also much from chapter three, but after a month in chapter three there were so much hackers, almost in every match.
    Teams which are not kicking their hackers because they couldn't win without.

It already started in chapter two..

I think the game is already dead for like two or three years.
    Now I only play on private servers.
    Nexon need to think about a way to destroy hackers, not only banning them but just creating a shield which doesn't allow hackers.
    (Anti Hackshield isn't really working)

True MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    181Posts

Creating anti hacks is not realy hard, but they just dont care untill they get money from it.

MemberRank
    Sep 2014 Join Date
    Curiosity, MarsLocation
    14Posts

Hello,
    Warrock was the best game I've ever played, the game came to Brazil more Unfortunately closed for lack of players

I think it had a "small" update Graphics in the game, Would call Caution of many players. Warrock and a Battlefield for computers Bad haha

Who Knows in Chapter 5 does not have a Graphical Update right?

The game has a lot of potential Still

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

I'll give it 2 more years, max 3. It will die out eventually because Dream Execution is developing a new game called Phantomers.
    Here is some game play footage of the game.

Last edited by Taiga; 13-12-14 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Fixed a grammar mistake

Moderator & Developer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement