Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Showcase] Porting CP1 weapons to CP3/Engine War client

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tutorial can be found HERE.

Yeah, I finally got to port a CP1 weapon model into CP3.

Proof:
DarkRaptor - [Showcase] Porting CP1 weapons to CP3/Engine War client - RaGEZONE Forums

I will release the method this weekend, once I finish some tests. Since the engine has changed a lot, now WR handles the light in a different way, so textures need to be tweaked. I´m not going to explain it now, but let´s say that WR has added a system that uses the Alha channel of the texture as if it was a COD4 cosine power map.

In addition to that, you will need the new files that are inside "Animation", as now WR uses a different method to load models. Or at least, they spliced everything in little files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
Re: [Development] Porting CP1 weapons to CP3/Engine War client

Fixed the image, so it's viewable from the thread.

Nice done, looking forward to the release. I've been curious of transferring weapons from chapter 1 to chapter 3 myself, I just haven't had time to look into it yet. I've also been curious about new weapons, adding in 3D models that are custom made as well as the animation.

Back