Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WarRock Chapter 3 Server with fixes, for all, to colaborate!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when I had this type of issue, the problem was network communication, me and my friend was in two different locations using internet, so through the router , with some ports opened. In that case I solved the problem opening the DMZ to my server (in few words, all ports opened). When I'll have time I'll investigate which port was missing to be opened on the router.
Maybe you need to do the same, or you have the firewall blocking something.

...and other thing you know remove when in the item shop the item is member only?

Do you mean remove when you are premium or remove anyway also for non-premium?
Because if you are premium the "member only" is removed and you can buy the weapon.
I edited the items.bin file too, but whatever you put in there you cannot buy the weapon if you're not premium... there's should be something else somewhere

@CodeDragon

I'm working on the warrock client+server from SdfSdf... I'm trying to compare the packets in the private enviroment with packets in the official game... it seems to me that the official game now is using completely different packets.
In the private server the packets are strings built with various fields separated by spaces then "crypted" using a simple XOR.

I'm investigating the packets in the official game, but if I try xoring the packet with all possible xor value the result is never a readable string...
do you know how are they built now in the official game?

If I don't found how to translate the actual packets I cannot compare to the private one, nor solve the zombie issue :(

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
@diggercoder they just changed the xor encryption once again. And they use a different encryption for the communication between game & server.

And the server prevents you from buying weapons so you should check your item table inside the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
they just changed the xor encryption once again. And they use a different encryption for the communication between game & server.

this is really sad, it means I can forget to compare old and new packets
do you know which packet tells the client to kill a player? maybe changing it you can kill a zombie? just guessing...

...And the server prevents you from buying weapons so you should check your item table inside the server.

It doesn't seems like that, i can edit items.bin in the client and put the premium weapon buyable and edit the "items" table and change the field "premiumOnly" to 0 but the weapon remains "members only".

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
@diggercoder why would you compare old packets with the new ones? The clients have changed a lot over the years so it's pointless, they implemented a lot of new packets but never really changed the old packets.
And the premium check is really server sided. You have to reboot or reload all the data in the memory of the server to make it work. I've tested it on my own server in the past and it worked by editing the items.bin file & changing the item in the database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@CodeDragon, probably I emplained very bad, the point was " I cannot compare private (old) packets and public (new) packets as they are different" , because my idea was "I play with public warrock and capture packets in particular situations, like for example when I kill a zombie, then compare to the packet created in the same situation when I play with the private server and try to guess what I can do in the code to produce the correct packet to kill zombies... or something like that.

Talking about premium, everytime I change something in items.bin /tables in mysql I restart login and gameserver and warrock client, so obviously everything is reloaded, so this is not the problem, and it's not working.
I believe in you when you say it worked on your side, but obviously here there is something different from your configuration, maybe a different warrock client version, maybe the server code is not exactly the one you had, don't know, but it's not working the way you say ;)

That said, I'll go on investigating if I found something interesting :)

ı am use sdfsdf login server but We are join game and scoretable 2 players . but he is invisible

I experimented this just half an hour ago... another reason why one player is invisible to the other is when you don't have the same server ip address placed everywhere, I mean all dsetup.dll around the clients and inside gameserver source.

In my test I had the LAN address of the server in one client and the WAN ip address of the server in the other client and also the wan address of the server in the gameserver source... both the client was able to connect to the server correctly and play, but then one player was invisible to the other.

It seems that the ip in the loginserver doesn't matter instead... in my test I left the WAN ip address of the gameserver in the loginserver source but everything worked fine.

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
@diggercoder You can compare these packets by joining a game and then just going inside a zombie game and kill a few zombies, after that you just play a normal game like explosives in CQC.
and the files of sdfsdf are useless so I recommend that you don't use them :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can compare these packets by joining a game and then just going inside a zombie game and kill a few zombies, after that you just play a normal game like explosives in CQC.
and the files of sdfsdf are useless so I recommend that you don't use them :)
@CodeDragon, mmm not sure to understand exactly what you mean, are you talking about the private server or the public one? if you mean in the public one I can capture all the packets I want but then how can I use them in the private server if they are crypted in a different manner? I also think it will be quite difficult to understand something in the public packets as I don't know how to decrypt...

If you mean to do all those things in the private server, ok this is what I want to do, at the moment I am fighting with the packet sniffer as it has some problem and I'm fixing it to get better results (for example excluding SYN, RST and other unuseful handshaking packets). Anyway I suspect I'll have some problem at the end, let's say I capture packet for when I shot a zombie, I'll see what packet the client send to the server to advise a zombie was shot, but what packet I have to send back to kill him? Ok I'll check what packet the server send back to kill another user, but not sure the packet will be the same...

Talking about sdf sdf... unfortunatly after trying various server/client/database from different link/locations/people at the end the SdfSdf was the one that worked perfectly from the beginning whitout issues, this is why I'm using it.

What do you suggest to use instead? can you share the links with me please?
thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Zombies are "Trending Topic" xD. I have an update, fix the EXP, I thing you have to change *=3 for premium user *=2 for normal users , to =*2 for premium users *=1 for normal users. Only for not level Up faster I Think

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
@diggercoder the best is to start from scratch. And with comparing packets I mean comparing the packets that are sent to the server of the real game. You just compare them and figure out what they do. I'm 100% that all of the zombie related packets are handeled in the room data packet (30000). In that packet they use 'sub packet' that's what I like to call them, they have a unique number that is linked to a different handler.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no problem, I already found my way, not perfect, but I was already able to fix a lot of things and with much patience, much time and some luck maybe I'll fix many other

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no problem, I already found my way, not perfect, but I was already able to fix a lot of things and with much patience, much time and some luck maybe I'll fix many other
If you do, share. random boxes and members only removed ( Apply target -1)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HELP :: Failed to connect! Error thrown was: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
explain what you tried to do... is this message from the serve console or are you trying to connect to the MySql database using for example MySql Workbench?
The message appears for example when you installed an old MySQL version and try to connect to it using a new (recent) MySqlWorkbench

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
are you using xampp? if you are using xampp try to use version 1.8

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
HELP :: Failed to connect! Error thrown was: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)

This means that the server doesn't support the old connector anymore. Try to upgrade it inside the code :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got a problem with the loginserver.

I've just updated to the latest xampp version, but still get this error:

REMOVED
n1ckzero - WarRock Chapter 3 Server with fixes, for all, to colaborate! - RaGEZONE Forums

Translation:

error im002 microsoft odbc driver manager data source name not found and no default driver specified

I'm running windows 7 64-bit

Last edited:
Back