Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] How to fix 999 ping problem by eXtorT ( MatanelTheK )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I saw that a lot of peoples having the "999 ping problem"

So i found a solution and I'd like to share it with you guys.

1. Go to the start menu and type : "cmd" ( without the " " )

2. Then type : "ipconfig"

3. check your deafult gateway ip , copy it and paste it on the internet.

MatanelThek - [Tutorial] How to fix 999 ping problem by eXtorT ( MatanelTheK ) - RaGEZONE Forums

4. login to your router panel (As deafult its should , user : Admin , pass : Admin)

5. go to wan setup or and find dmz host.

6. set the dmz ip to your ipv4 address that you can get from the info of "ipconfig" in cmd.

7. save changes and then exit from the internet and go to : "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

8. open up the : "hosts" file as notepad.

9. add the line : "127.0.0.1 login.warrock.net" at the buttom.

10. change the ip to your ip , you can check your ip from but make sure you have port forward before changing the ip in the warrock.exe , hosts file , gameserver settings , loginserver settings.

11. run loginserver and gameserver and it should work fine without the "999 ping problem".

Hope I helped someone , If the 999 ping problem still appear to you , add me to skype and I'll try to help you.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You'll still get an 999 ping between you (if you use 127.0.0.1) and the others because they receive a local ip so the p2p system can't connect. This isn't a fix, I'm sorry to say but this is just basic DMZ.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Its working for me so I though why not help others....

As I said earlier, it isn't going to solve it for you when you play local unless you never play on the server that you have hosted on your own computer because the peer2peer system for the other players will not recognize your correct ip address since it's assigned to 127.0.0.1 (the local loop-back address)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back