Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Fix common problems of server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
HI all! I noticed that you create are made of thread or post with having the same problems and , to avoid answering the same things . I decided to post here to fix various problems.

-Invisible Players:

If you see the ping of invisible player notice this player have 999 ping.

Fix:

Set At your modem the DMZ and check the port are open, after this say at invisible player to set DMZ at his modem.

-No response after insert username:

Because the username alredy set at database.

Fix:

Delete the username from DataBase and delete the username slot from webpage.

-Client not open:

The client not open after update from hackshield.

Fix:

The solution have two ways, first way are a change client with nexus client "Tested by me", second way "Hard Way" is the edit DSETUP to climb over HackShield.

THE TUTORIAL NOT ARE COMPLETE, THE OTHER QUESTION OF PROBLEM SEND ME PM WITH PROBLEM AND I WILL TO ADDING THE FIX!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Re: [IMPORTANT-TUT] Fix common problems of server!

Here is a nice explanation for the common issues.

• Invisible Players
    There are many ways of players being invisible, this isn't a solution I recommend at all because this might break the game for other players.
    Before you do this, check if the server is configured properly. Normally the tunneling system should take over if the peer2peer system fails.

A common error that occurs is that a player connects to the server trough the local loop-back address (127.0.0.1) and another one trough the WAN or Local Network ip-address. This will cause the peer2peer system to break because the other client will be told that the the player which is connected trough the local connection is on the same computer as the remote player. If you want to run this game in a lan network, make sure you use the lan ip-address that is assigned by your local DHCP-server. If you want to use your wan ip-address make sure you can use your WAN ip-address (check if your router allows remote loopback). If not, hire a cheap VPS to host your server on.

If this server occurs on a VPS or a dedicated server, then make sure if your hosting allows UDP to go trough. Some hosting providers don't allows this because this is commonly abused in DDoS attacks. Make sure you allow the UDP ports to go trough. Your game will freeze once you try to connect to the game server if the UDP ports aren't opened.

• No response after inserting an user
    This is a cheap solution, just fix the registration code which causes this error. If it isn't caused by the registration file then fix the code in the login handler.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [IMPORTANT-TUT] Fix common problems of server!

codedragon forgive me but I saw the same whether pre topic with the same questions and I've posted my way of fixare things, instead of criticizing me like you are doing every time trying to correct wrong and where I do it. plus I am committed to helping ALL instead of doing presumptuous who knows everything and has fun watching people like asking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back