Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Port-Forwarding to run Warrock server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a simple guide to open ports for your router, some of you may already know this but I am doing it for the benefit of the newbies (like me ;))

Ports that need to be opened..assuming you want to use your public IP address and not localhost/127.0.01

MySQL server - 3306
Webserver - 80
WR Login Server - 5330
WR Game Server - 5340,5350 and 5351

First go to command prompt and type ipconfig...look for default gateway and copy that IP to your browser window, you should be prompted to a login box. Look at router manual for details.

Once you have done that go to
and select your router/model and follow guide to open certain ports on your router.
<-- My router!

Thats the hard bit done! Now for the easy stuff...

• Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button
    skids1 - [Tutorial] Port-Forwarding to run Warrock server! - RaGEZONE Forums
    , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
  • In the left pane, click Advanced settings.
    skids1 - [Tutorial] Port-Forwarding to run Warrock server! - RaGEZONE Forums
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security dialog box, in the left pane, click Inbound Rules, and then, in the right pane, click New Rule. Select Port option and make a rule for every single port. If you install xampp/mysql server those rules are already added so just do the warrock server ports.
Follow the instructions in the New Inbound Rule wizard.

Credits: Me for writing most of the stuff and micro$oft for last bit

anyone wants to improve tut? feel free!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Port-Forwarding to run Warrock server!

im forwarded this ports on my VPS but i can't connect to my server with EngineWar client why? When i type my login infos on login screen, im returning to main login screen without any error. Please help me!

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

im forwarded this ports on my VPS but i can't connect to my server with EngineWar client why? When i type my login infos on login screen, im returning to main login screen without any error. Please help me!

That doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the portforwarding. Besides, most rented VPS already have their ports open. You should probably check your settings, and test if the server works locally first. Cause if they don't work locally, you know the issue lies with the source/emulator and/or your settings/configurations.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

That doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the portforwarding. Besides, most rented VPS already have their ports open. You should probably check your settings, and test if the server works locally first. Cause if they don't work locally, you know the issue lies with the source/emulator and/or your settings/configurations.

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I think im not getting error with my ports. I'm using tweek release maybe have error (bug) of this server.

Last edited:
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I think im not getting error with my pors. I'm using tweek release maybe have error (bug) of this server.

There's a way to figure it out. Run the files locally, configured the files for localhost - 127.0.0.1. Then try entering game. If you have similar issues, you've set it up wrongly and messed up somewhere. Unless you're using buggy files, which needs to be fixed before use. Although if you use the clean Tweek version you shouldn't encounter any problems logging in.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Read your message, most likely your ports are closed within server firewall

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi i have an problem because i didnt know what the ports are about because i have other options to unlock ports the protokoll i dont really know what i need to select can you help me with it? i gave you an scrhnshot; i have there the protokoll thing and now i dont know what srsly need to be there..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

but only thing i need to know whitch one is for UDP and TCP ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back