Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Creating a validation for items.bin in emulator source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, since y'all know the fact that almost everyone can script or edit the items.bin file on your server so I've been thinking about creating a validation in the emulator source. If anyone has a idea of doing that please share it in here, any help will be appreciated a lot! Thanks in advance

*P.S : I am clearly not asking for any type of C# code, or not either asking someone to do it for me. I am just trying to find a way out to create this. Anything like; working diagram, algorithm or anything alike..

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You can just parse the file into an specific object for it and just check it. It has been done before.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can just parse the file into an specific object for it and just check it. It has been done before.
Well I know that it's like only legit way to do it right, thank you for the answer but I had to ask it anyways since I'm not so good at back-end or .NET programming, like I don't even know much about these packets or like where should I run the validation for it. So let me put it this way;
- I've placed an items.bin file in my server root.
- Once the Updater launches the game, my code block will compare the items.bin file of client path to my file on my root
* But I'm gonna have to find out what packet i'm going to write my code block on, and the thing is, it is kinda headache to find out you know like what packet is going to crash the game if the files won't match and stuff like that. So I'm gonna be hanging around in the emulator source tryna find em'
- So If I can't figure this out in emulator source, and then another easy solution would be adding the validation to my updater source but I don't really think this going to be legit, since you know you could launch the game without a launcher lol.

But anyways, I'll keep this post updated and once I am done I'll share my solution with you guys right away. Thanks for the answer once again.

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You can perfectly validate a lot of things server sided, by checking if the user is allowed to shoot with a certain weapon (if it is in inventory, correct slot etc..) from the items.bin. Using a checksum is indeed good to validate if the items.bin is changed.

It's just the way how the game is designed. Nothing is simulated server sided. The client has full authority over most things.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can perfectly validate a lot of things server sided, by checking if the user is allowed to shoot with a certain weapon (if it is in inventory, correct slot etc..) from the items.bin. Using a checksum is indeed good to validate if the items.bin is changed.

It's just the way how the game is designed. Nothing is simulated server sided. The client has full authority over most things.

Well that was a great hint to get started, thanks man! And btw I must say I appreciate all the helps you've made on my posts though, i really do. It's like you're the only one who keeps that forum section alive with your knowledge and helpful posts around and that's a great thing foreal!

Back