Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pirate King (Tales of Pirate) Server Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All quests seem to work, including the start one (if you edit some text IDs on the server side :)

Just played around with adding some mobs to the map, it works. Also tried to edit some NPC names and their quest texts, works as well.

There are tons of texts need to be translated in resource\script\MisScript directory (NPC dialogs, etc). They exist only on the server side, so english 1.33 won't help here :( I seriosly doubt that anyone can accomplish this task.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what password use on gameserver.cfg for this zEZCpyYOZVofugqDFBZrLKw==

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
remove the first 'z'.
the password is Y87dc#$98 which corresponds to EZCpyYOZVofugqDFBZrLKw==
you may correct this in the quide.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks working, working on client for run correct, the client can't start here o.o

in: C:\Arquivos de programas\TOP\TOP\system\game.exe give the error, "load txt file [script/txt/characteraction.tx fail]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone want to try to upload the chinese client? I was running on another one, which hangs when I click on Ascaron (where I want to be born)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Grrr idiot client only crash here -.-
reboot.
Right click on my computer -> properties -> advanced -> first button from the above -> data execution prevention -> add both exe there

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
working client now, i need more free space on HD, i'm using only scripts of sql for make a db.. i need restore the real .bak files :/ but i have only 3gbs free,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
restore them to a NTFS compressed folder, this won't take extra space at all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm willing to share your client? xD that ftp keeps kicking me off :\

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Use thunder (search on google) for download with best speed rate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just a little update:
SnowCrash got it running too as far as I get it.

Wanna be a GM? Then set gm to 99 in the account table of the gamedb DB. More info on:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:))

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, I got it running, too :v:

The attached screenshot shows my champ in Argent wearing the Black Dragon Stuff. I copied the textures/ui folder from the english version to the chinese client. That way at least the GUI is partly translated.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol guys looks good :p

And that thunder-thingy is chinese! :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already wrote that this chinese client and server were different. I finally figred that the server is taiwanese version, not chinese. That's why we have differences in city names, some text IDs, etc etc.

For example, if you plug 'darkblue' map and create your new char to go there, it won't let you, because chinese client refers to darkblue in chinese and server expects it to be in taiwanese or something :) I'm no expert in chinese language, but for sure chinese and taiwanese versions have different IDs and names.

And I've finally found the client that works with this server without modifying any birth locations and
startup quest script files (which you had to do with chinese version, otherwise you can't enter the map and get your beginning quest, etc etc).

This client is taiwanese 1.33 and it works fine! Moreover, it displays the fonts properly aligned! I got it from

And, to make things work again, you have to edit GroupServer.cfg back to its 'vendor default' settings:

Code:
[出生地]
白銀城                =garner
沙嵐城                =magicsea
冰狼堡                =darkblue

With this client no any modifications on the server side is needed, and everything works fine, including quests, maps, etc etc

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can you guys do quests when everything is in chinese/taiwanese? I don't understand a thing about it :|

I tried to figure out where all the text is, but I can't find it :| and I can't edit the UI either, it looks like it's encrypted :(

EDIT: I found a lot of text on the server side (as usual XD) "resources\script\MisScript\" openthe files up with any editor and see for yourself :p All the quests are in there I think. So they can be translated. (at least I think) {The newbie buide for example is in NPCScript01.lua then look for "function BT_NewUser001()" the text beneath that is the newbie guide.}

That leaves the GUI, items and ???

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
GUI is not encrypted, all graphic files there just use some stupid byte-swapping technique (to prevent them edited or whatever).

And I already wrote about resources\script\MisScript\ :p

And you can get all the item names and their descriptions translated by copying \scripts\table\iteminfo.bin from the english 1.33 over the taiwanese client.

This still leaves some strings untranslated, I think it has something to do with \scripts\table\StringSet.bin file (which looks cryptic), because direct copying \scripts\txt\ClientString.tx from the english client (where all strings are in plain text) doesn't help.

SnowCrash: can you code a tool to convert all .bin files in \scripts\table back to .txt? On the server side all .txt files in \resource get "compiled" to .bin (to make the parsing of them easier I think) when you start GameServer.exe and this "bin" format is the same that is used on the client side.

Having them all in .txt we can compare them with their counterparts in english version and figure out what needs to be translated. Then we could write an automatic "translator" which would take some string from text file "A" and replace the part of that string from the file "B" of the english version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back