Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make Custom items

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
- How to add Custom item's -

* - i make it step by step so you will learn how to add custom item's
* - i made this guide original i don't copy to others its so easy
* - if you din't understand my guide ur dam " noob "

- Requirements -​

* - Brain
* - Common Sense
* - Make Your Eyes Sharp
* - Don't ask for teamviewer or anything stupid remote
* - and all of all " RELAX "

* - Let say i will use Cloud Wings for ( TuTorial )
* - I make it image by actor and photoshop cs2

Server Side

1st
Go to YourServer\db\item_db.txt
Make New item For Example I make Cloud Strife Wings
Code:
16051,_Cloud,_cloud,5,,,10,,10,,4,2147483647,7,2,1,,1,1,1118,{ bonus bStr,500; bonus bDex,500; },{},{}
christoper - How to make Custom items - RaGEZONE Forums

Understanding item_db.txt

16051 = item id Take Note : You can change it what ever you want
_cloud = client side will be read
5 = type - Don't Change this
10 = Weight Take Note : You can change it what ever you want
10 = Defence Take Note : You can change it what ever you want
4 = slot Take Note : 0 - 4
2147483647 = all job can use Take Note : You can change it what ever you want
1118 = View Take Note : You can change it what ever you want

Question : What use of this 1118 ?
Answer : its us on visionary_tab.txt on client side

Now Save Your Item_db.txt

Server Side​

2nd
Go to Your Client Take Note : original location C:\Program files\Gravity\Ro
Now Make Your Data

Patern how to make your own data

1st : sprite and open the sprite folder and make again name

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good job, although for newcomers i'd recommend using x-ray (tends to be easier to use).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It won't work... I follow your steps perfectly but when I try it ingame... I get this error saying can't find

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe dude make a guide how to make costume wing's using photoshopcs2 or cs3 or whatever

or just a video guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my problems...
Fixed...Have a nice day...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It won't work... I follow your steps perfectly but when I try it ingame... I get this error saying can't find

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have no file name itemslotcounttable.txt
where should i get that?:D:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So What's The Id Of The Item??? 16051 or 1118???

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I followed the guide completely and whenever I try to equip the wings I get this series of errors:
christoper - How to make Custom items - RaGEZONE Forums

Could you tell me how to fix these problems?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error means you didn't put the sprite files in the right folder.
You can fix it by putting the sprite files in the right folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I put the files where the guide says to do so, so technically I didn't put them in the wrong place. But if you can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The next step then is to look in your idnum2itemresnametable.txt, num2itemresnametable.txt as well as the visionary_tab.txt. Are you sure the wings are written to the right sprite?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already did what the guide tells you to do, even made sure all the client side txt documents were correct, the problem here is that I'm missing a sprite file, and I don't know where to get it, if you could help me find this file I need I'd greatly appreciate it, as opposed to you just asking me questions every time. The questions do not help, they just make this problem more of a nuisance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Considering that I do not know what your grf contains or what your files have written in them, I think that in order to properly help you, I need to ask questions. When adding a custom item you're supposed to write everything properly. The reason why it's saying missing sprite is because something wasn't written proper or your client isn't updated.

Again I'll say it in case you don't understand. In order for me to help, I need to know the exact situation. If you don't want to take some time to explain the problem, then you can wait patiently until you figure out the error yourself.

Then again since I'm feeling nice today I'll tell you this. Take the sprite that you have, rename it to the "missing file", and enjoy figuring out what it is you're really missing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Considering that I do not know what your grf contains or what your files have written in them, I think that in order to properly help you, I need to ask questions. When adding a custom item you're supposed to write everything properly. The reason why it's saying missing sprite is because something wasn't written proper or your client isn't updated.

Again I'll say it in case you don't understand. In order for me to help, I need to know the exact situation. If you don't want to take some time to explain the problem, then you can wait patiently until you figure out the error yourself.

Then again since I'm feeling nice today I'll tell you this. Take the sprite that you have, rename it to the "missing file", and enjoy figuring out what it is you're really missing.

I'm using a compilation of sdata.grf and data.grf, you should know what is in those, and renaming the sprite to the "missing file" doesn't work, this guide helps, but does not fully guides one through the process because it doesn't have the problems anyone will encounter in it. Btw, I do appreciate you trying to help, but questions are irritating nonetheless, Christopher should be the one helping as he is the one that wrote the guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from but I'm simply telling you the error you're having is a common problem which is easy to find the solution to if you know what you're doing. Since I too am annoyed at asking questions without even receiving an answer that I can work off of, how about you add me to messenger or something and let me fix the error myself.
And before you claim or make the assumption that I don't know what I'm doing, I've worked on multiple servers in the past. This error is nothing more than a minor nuisance. I honestly don't see how you can still have this error if your client is configured to read from the data folder last.

Back