Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ragnarok Private Server Common Problems

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I think I'm going to share my knowledge based on experience. These were the problems I encountered during the creation of my private server. Moreover these are the problems that I raised up on different forums but none gave me an answer; so I try fixing them up and finally fixed them! :thumbup1:

1. The language is not on english
***download the Ragnarok Renewel English Data w/ Lua. How to use it and where you would get it? Search here:

2. My client displays a Gravity Error (such as this one: )and Items has no detailed information OR description
***Make sure you already have a hexed OR diff client; take note of the version. (example: you are using 2010-06-16aRagexeRE Patched.exe, take note of the 20100616)
***Open your src\map\clif.h and look for the #define PACKETVER. On its right side there is a corresponding number; change it to the version of the client. (example:20100616)
***Open your src\common\mmo.h and look for the #define PACKETVER. On its right side there is a corresponding number; change it to the version of the client. (example:20100616)
***Open the Gravity\RO\DATA.ini then write this:
[Data]
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf
***Compile

3. Making a GM account
a. On SQL server
***open MySQL Query Browser. Open the ragnarok database and click 4x the login table. Look for the account you want to make into a GM. In the Level column, change it into your desired level.
b. On text server
***go to your server folder and open \save\account.txt. Look for the account you want to make into a GM and change its level into your desired level.
(example: 2000005 username password M email@yahoo.com 99 0 0 0 9 2010-07-04 23:57:01 127.0.0.1) The 99 there is the GM level. 2000005 is the accountID.
***Open notepad then type accountID<space><GMlevel> (example: 2000005 99)
***Save it as GM_accounts.conf and GM_accounts.txt on the save folder of your server.
***Follow the instructions here:

4. Configure the commands available to a certain GM level
***Open the conf\battle\gm.conf and edit it according to your taste.
***Open the conf\atcommand_athena.conf and edit it according to your taste.

Last edited:
Back