Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RO Resource Files and Links

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Disclaimer

I do not take any credit for creating any of the files/links above.

Files

Alternative Patchers.zip
Alternative Ragnarok.exe - Ragnarok.exe except it connects to a faster patch server
Alternative Sakray.exe - Sakray.exe except it connects to a faster patch server

grftools.zip
Create.exe - Creates data.grf by using the grf-make file generated by Script File Maker.exe
gf.exe - Adds/Extracts/Repacks grf files
Script File Maker.exe - Generates grf-make text file

ragtxtpr.zip
ragtxtpr - Encodes/Decodes txt files

RoUnicode.zip
RoUnicode.jar - Converts folders and files from Ascii to Unicode (Vice-versa)

Links

.: A nice list of NPC numbers along with their sprite displayed in images on the webpage

kRO Patches
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
.: Patches for kRO client, you can download them to manually patch your client

kRO Sakray Patches
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
.: Patches for kRO Sakray client, you can download them to manually patch your client

.: Everything you need to transform your kRO to English!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i click on it to update it i always get failed to connect to file server or something?

edit: where do i put the files that i download manually?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
varik68:
Let's say you have a data folder which you want to transform into a grf file. You would place Script File Maker.exe and Create.exe in any folder except the data folder which you want to convert and run Script File Maker.exe. Once you open it, you will see one blank text field, input the directory of your data folder there such as...
Code:
C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data
...or you can use the browse button and select the data directory. Once you have done that, you click create script file and wait till the little status bar at the bottom in Script File Maker.exe says...
It should have automatically created a file named "data.grf.txt". Now all you have to do is run Create.exe in the same directory as data.grf.txt and it will create a new data.grf. Remember not to run create.exe in the same directory as your RO folder or it will automatically overwrite your current data.grf.
gf.exe is pretty self explanitory, you can use it as a bmp/tga/spr/jpg viewer and also a repacker for your manually downloaded patches.

pureadam1:
You would probably prefer to put all your patches into 1 folder. Let's say your downloaded the patches for kRO client (not Sakray), you would simply use gf.exe and open up data.grf in your kRO folder. Click add grf and select the grfs that you downloaded, keep adding until you added all of them. Once you're done, click the repack button and save it in another location other than your kRO folder as data.grf. Now all you have to do is replace your newly compiled data.grf onto your old one in your kRO folder. I strongly recommend you backup your old copy of data.grf just in case the new one doesn't work. If you get an error while trying to open data.grf or repack it, then you will need to do the following procedure below.
Create a shortcut from your Ragnarok.exe(Right Click>Create Shortcut). Right click on your newly created shortcut and click on properties. Click on the Shortcut tab and your should see a text field with the word "Target" beside it. Inside the text field, it should have Ragnarok.exe along with it's full directory such as...
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\Ragnarok.exe"
...or...
Code:
C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\Ragnarok.exe
...in any case, you will need to add...
Code:
 /repak
...after that. So you would end up with...
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\Ragnarok.exe" /repak
...or...
Code:
C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\Ragnarok.exe /repak
...in the target text field. Click the OK button and run that shortcut, you should automatically see the original kRO patcher with the repacking status. This just repacks it using the old method in which gf.exe can read. You can use this procedure for kRO Sakray as well, all you have to do is replace Ragnarok.exe with Sakray.exe and data.grf with sdata.grf.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
doraemon2000 said:
varik68:
Let's say you have a data folder which you want to transform into a grf file. You would place Script File Maker.exe and Create.exe in any folder except the data folder which you want to convert and run Script File Maker.exe. Once you open it, you will see one blank text field, input the directory of your data folder there such as...
Code:
C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data
...or you can use the browse button and select the data directory. Once you have done that, you click create script file and wait till the little status bar at the bottom in Script File Maker.exe says...

It should have automatically created a file named "data.grf.txt". Now all you have to do is run Create.exe in the same directory as data.grf.txt and it will create a new data.grf. Remember not to run create.exe in the same directory as your RO folder or it will automatically overwrite your current data.grf.
gf.exe is pretty self explanitory, you can use it as a bmp/tga/spr/jpg viewer and also a repacker for your manually downloaded patches.

:3dflagsdo wow i can make my own data.grf w/ my customized items & sprites.
by the way how can I make my sakexe read my customized data.grf? im not a hexer. can you modify sakexe?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Diff Patcher

Disclaimer
Rodney Jason - Providing the diff file with all the hex
Maldiablo - Creating the diff patcher
Pyrii - Additional Aura Fix for the diff file

Files

628aSakexe.zip
2004-06-28aSakexe.rgz - Rgz file containing the unmodified 628a Sakexe.exe
628a-sakexe-pyrii-fixes.diff - Diff file with the hex used by the diff patcher

diffpatcher.zip
diffpatcher.exe - Main file used to apply the diff files to the exe files
comdlg32.ocx - File needed to execute diff patcher
rspgzips100.ocx - File needed to execute diff patcher
rspgzips100.oca - File needed to execute diff patcher

Instructions
Everything is pretty straight forward, if you don't know how to use it, then I suggest that you don't create your own exe.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
which program is use to translate in english version the kRO?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
There are no programs used to translate kRO, just files. The basic files that transform your kRO from Korean to English is skin files, and most txt and xml files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how can i manualy patch my kro

it always says failed to blah blah

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
jpopc:
If you are recieving that error from the alternative patchers, then try again later.
To manual patch, please read scroll up.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
doraemon2000 the grf file extractor is not working (gf.exe) from the grftools.zip

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
boomerz:
How is it not working? Are you getting an error? Are you having trouble opening the file?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yah, i have trouble opening it. it doesn't open when i double clicked it... =(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For the manual patch links, am I supposed to download all the files or just download the most recent files?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
boomerz:
I've never seen a problem like that before, are you using Windows?

supercowman:
If you manual patch now, you will ALWAYS have to manual patch in the future. You basically manual patch the patches that you don't have. The patcher determines what patches you have by patch.inf.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@boomerz :
try another grf tool.. there are some version of grf file.. try this :

X

XSuperX

i opened the grf.exe..i open data.grf..but it terminates immediately...

Back