Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RO Resource Files and Links

N

~NaTaKu~

doremon plz i m confused wif all the links can u make a link all together for me a download all the stuff for making new server all together all what i need plz post it down plz

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
XSuperX:
Did you do the step on post #4 of this thread?

~NaTaKu~:
Click on the eAthena and kRO Translated Files link on the first post and then click on which eAthena package you want to download. If you want to learn about how to make a new server, please relate to the official eAthena forums or any other emulator/server's board.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
doraemon2000:

Script File Maker.exe - Generates grf-make text file ->as i double clik it, it has an error "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" how to fix that?? i ha ve extracted it in the client's main folder using windows98se

also the gf.exe wont open. there is no error with it, it just wont open....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
one more thing, all those other/alternative grf tools has no "add" option. i wanna add my cutomized sprites in the data.grf file for the reason that it takes less time to do than using the procedure with the Script File Maker.exe

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
jongbound:
Erm...I've been using Windows XP for a long long time, I've never tested the files with Windows 98, maybe you could upgrade your windows? Lol. That file that's missing seems to be an activex control (if it's not, don't rub it in my face, i'm not good with dll's and ocx's).
If you want to add custom sprites, you can simply use the Script File Maker.exe that you can't run o_O and Create.exe to generate a data.grf that you can merge with another grf using other grf tools. Basically, the only solution I see here is to install Windows XP >.>.....or..you can find someone else that's more knowledgable about how programs execute on different OS.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i've got a problem my map-server can't find the resnametable.txt, reading in this forum.....i understand that i have to modify the resnametable.txt, that it's IN the Data.Grf using the grftools......i tried that but i don't understand how to recompress it to .grf if that's the case....if not help me with that problem please.....
thanks for your attention, and answer soon pliz...

Wah2k

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You can add it back to data.grf by placing the files you want into data folder (this folder can be located anywhere) and simply use the script generator and point it to the data directory you made. Then put create.exe in the same directory as script generator and run it. It will automatically generate a data.grf with the file inside. Rename data.grf to something else for safety purposes and run gf.exe. Open the original data.grf and then click add grf and add the new one you made and renamed. Repack it and it should be done.
The quicker way would be to place the file in your data folder inside your kRO directory and just get a hexed exe that reads data folder first.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you explain me something about RagTXTpr

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ragtxtpr.exe is used to encrypt and decrypt text files that kRO used to use, it was originally made to encrypt item description tables and others. There might be a few files that kRO still have that uses this encryption.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
doraemon here i am again plss help me

doraemon2000 - RO Resource Files and Links - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see, i have followed ur advise to upgrade in XP, and the tools work fine now. I have extracted the adata.grf from the aero patch in c:/rotools/data, coz what i want to do is, edit the sclientinfo.xml to add my LAN aero-server ip. I have edited it and followed the instrusctions from the previous threads/posts regarding how to make a data directory into a data.grf file. Now, as you can see in the picture, the created data.grf made by create.exe file was 0 bytes in size---it means its useless. And the create.exe ms-dos window didn't show any text that it is finished or not. it just go steady(but not freezed) as that in the picture. I've done waited for so long hoping that it would show results on how it created the data.grf from the data.grf.txt file from scriptfilemaker.exe file. In about an hour, it shows no result. I tried to open it in gf.exe but this one shows me up:

:eh: :eh: :eh:

Another method that i've done is using the gf.exe 'add dir' feature. But when i tried to repack it, it shows this:

Is there anything u can advise again on what should i do with these "errors"(again)???

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
In order to use Create.exe, you must use script maker and generate a script for the data folder (make sure script maker and create.exe isn't in the data folder), then run create.exe from the same directory as script maker and it'll make data.grf. Create.exe basically reads from data.grf.txt that script maker generates.

Your grf factory is recieving errors is because some directories contain korean characters or invalid ones.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you give me a Quick Briefing on How to Replace Sprites i have Compeltly Redone the Pupa and now want to Replace the old one but how do i do that?

!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u give me steps i how to install the patch manualy???

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
FAT_BOT:
You will have to rename the sprite and act file to the pupa sprite. You can look up the name in the sprite bible. Then all you have to do is place the sprite in your data folder or replace it in your grf.

supercat:
Read post #4 and my response to pureadam1.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ya but it still say fail =( any fixes or steps? i took all in one files and started the thing
wat i did rong???

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i seem to be missing ALL of the .gat files. can someone zip them and give up a link?

EDIT:

sorry, didnt mean to make it sound like i was missing ALL of the maps...because its just these few:

//map: lou_in01.gat
//map: lou_in02.gat
//map: lou_dun03.gat
//map: lou_dun02.gat
//map: lou_dun01.gat
//map: lou_fild01.gat
//map: louyang.gat

as u can see, i remmed (remarked, the //) them out for now...but it would be great if someone could host these files anyways.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when you r trying to repack or edit some files here r the guides:
step 1:
open grftools.exe
step 2:
open your data.grf in your ro folder
step 3:
select extract all to extract files. the files will be extracted to your grftools folder or something
step4:
open your sdata.grf again and repeat step 3
step 5:
you can edit or put some additional RO files to your extracted data.grf and sdata.grf
step 6: repacking
when you repack choose add dir and add your data folder from the grftools folder
step 7:
save it to another folder and type the filename data.grf

Back