Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add Weapons?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to add weapons (socom k, k1a, sig556, bh.magnum). I put pv,tv model and textures, dtx from sa_interface, sound, and added some scripts.

I run it and SuddenAttack doesn't even start. I tried sdfsdf's method and SuddenAttack starts, but when I joined game and started, it crashed.

By the way, I heard that there is a limit on adding weapons. (like 40 weapons?) How do I disable that limit?

View attachment WEAPONS.TXT This is what I wrote on script for adding weapons.

Help me please.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
/*
** Ammo26 - SA_Magnum_Ammo
*/

[Ammo0]

ID already in use.

** Ammo29 - SA_SIG556_Ammo
*/

[Ammo3]

ID already in use.

ID 26 is missing.

/*
** "SA_Magnum"
*/

[Weapon1]

ID already in use.

For the future:

Open your eyes. Copy and paste is not the solution for everything. I won't search such mistakes one more time.
Every Weapon and/or Ammo needs his own ID, not used by any ther weapons. Butes are not debugable, so take time by doing such stuff, make backups.

Sincerely Zenshin112

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, Zenshin112

I renamed all wrong IDs in script file. I could run SuddenAttack and there were the weapons I added.
But the problem is, when I make a lobby and start the game, the game crashes.

Why is it happening?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Look into your mission-butes. For sure you made a mistake there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look into your mission-butes. For sure you made a mistake there.

Hi, Zenshin112

I added my new weapons on DefaultWeapons in MISSION.txt and still the game crashed.
I just followed Sdfsdf sdfsdf's tutorial. Is there any other tutorial for adding weapons?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
better you stop reading sdfsdf's tutorial he has no idea about anything. Like i already wrote several times.
There is no tutorial. I think you forgot to add the "DefaultAmmo".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Still doesn't work. I compared multiple clients and mine seems there is no problem and still game crashes if I join game with added weapons. Do I need to modify CShell.dll?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
debug it. But i think you made any mistake by the butes... if it crashes by starting the game it's either the fault of wrong data of missions or weapons.

Back