Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My KD HUD Get Score Point

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to get room score point?
I Already made the HUD and now just put score, but i dont know if has a special function for that !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simpler, how to operate the HUD KillDeath , one that shows your KD in the game? I already created the HUD , already put on the screen, missing only gets the score and print ! Can you explain how?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: My KD HUD hu Get Score Point

I think he wants to know how he can get The kill-death data, which every player gets displayed ingame. Well ... Usually You only Need to get the kill/death data from the scorehud from your own nickname and update it all the time lol. You neednt even to create new packets or else. I neednt mention that its easy or? Even without cpp knowledge.

Edit: Its a bit strange that sdfsdf begged me doing This for him some days ago. So i think juunr95= sdfsdf.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already did it , more might have forgotten something ( perhaps update) because the score was only shown when I pressed TAB , and only atualizava when pressed TAB , then I believe it is the Update! Thank you

Edit: No, i'm not sdf, sdf begged me too, for make KD HUD, but i do not do, so now, i want to do my own

Edit2: Since it is here, help me, I 'm using another source, and when you have a kill in the game , the game crashes and the game server also falls . I believe it is error in the client source because the game server is normal tested on another client and it worked , but where change to fix it?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thats why i said you should use the official source.... when the score only gets shownby pressing TAB you need to render it seperate, not in the same function like the scoreboard is. Update is still needed.
attach the client in cpp as process, kill someone and then you will see the line which causes the crash.Else if gives you any stuff like msvcrt.dl or else as error, attach your engine project ( hope that its not he engine) i could now count every possibl problem, but i dont want, so you need to give us the error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've attached, and debug return this error:
Code:
if (!(pObj->m_InternalFlags & IFLAG_INWORLD))                return;

Its something about Flag updates !

And about the HUD Score , I was able to show the value on the screen without being nescessário press TAB , but the value was on the other side of the screen, so when I add -> setPosition , the aftertaste game , then changed the -> setPosition to the same place where it was defined the position of the scoreboard values ​​, then he already did not come alone '-' I'm still trying , more vo could only really need to fix this , when someone kills , the game crashes !

Edit:
The client that crash is not who killed him, but , of whom died !

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you need to update it on the same position. The line you got from your debugger is from object.lto or engine? cshell would be great. You already tried another map?
Only one line doesnt make much sense. Paste the full code. first try to step over this line and give me the next line where you break.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is problem on CShell.dll. i Dont know where, but i decided to change source, and now it's all right. I've not made a lot of changes too, so , i'll go start develop now !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you create the HUD already then you can only do the same for the scoreboard, it's already showing the data LOL ! so just simply this time , i didn't understand the first time but it's better to follow how the scoreboard gets the data , and then just simply get that data from it , you don't need to re-do the whole proccess since it's already done xD

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
he wants the atual kills and deaths from himself displayed ingame, all the time. usually he could put it together with the HP and ap, because it needs to get updated all the time and stay rendered.

Back