• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Tutorial] Fix Terrain Footsteps

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Greetings!

I was working on the War Inc. Src a while ago and managed to fix some stuff and add new things.
That project was just for fun and I decided to release my work but sadly I lost my mega.nz account so I lost everything on it
But I can remember some stuff what might be useful for you guys. Please dont judge me if something is not working correctly because I cant test it on my own at the moment.

To get the footsteps working on the terrain (grass/sand/concrete) you have to follow these steps:

Search in Client code in Terrain2.cpp
Code:
r3dTerrain2::LoadLayerFromScript1( Script_c *script, r3dTerrainLayer* layer, int* count )

And replace the function with

After that search for:

Code:
r3dTerrain2::LoadLayerFromScript( Script_c *script, r3dTerrainLayer *layer )

And replace the function with:

I hope that will work!

Last edited:
Back