Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] DN Custom Launcher/Patcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello Dragon Nest community! ,

As i said in a few threads ago that i was going to be designing/programing a universal launcher/patcher for this section.
Everyone can use it to download any kind of file through the web server and the xml file.

This program/application will be made in VB.Net 2010 , just for anyone who wanted to know in future.

This may be a little more easier for new functional Dragon Nest PServers that are out which can use this to update there stuff more easily if some do not know how to use the official launcher/patcher.
This is pretty simple to use and all simple coding. This doesn't use the same method as the original launcher for Dragon Nest but it still gets the job done!

So what's going to be in the launcher/patcher ?
# Version checker(launcher only)
# Patch/downloader
# Full patch/downloader
# Port checker for the game(Login,Game)
# Chat (chat service only for YOUR specific server)
# More to be added...

[Progress "Coding Stage"]
Not completed yet

[Pictures]
Graphic Template
# Stage1: (Layout first)
# Stage2: (Buttons added)
# Stage3: (Download section added)
# Stage4: (Start of the Patcher/Downloader)
# Stage5: (More of the Patcher/Downloader)
# Stage6: (Last one of the Patcher/Downloader)

[Video Pictures]
Coding Template
# Stage1: (Launcher Preview)

I MIGHT be releasing the complete source to this at some point , but if there is anything anyone wants to add in to this i will put it in there =] ,
By the way if anyone knows any good chat services that i could add in to this that would be grateful , some thing like a ShoutOut box or XatChat.

29/07/14
P.S: This will be updated every time i've worked on it , so please keep checking this out now and again.
Due to the terrible circumstances i had IRL I can get more time to work on this but still pretty clogged up with things , so yet again i can only work on this once in a while.

Mod's NOTE: Please don't close this thread as this is still undergoing & still being worked on.

NOTE: Please refrain from posting any request's unrelated towards this thread because it would be just pointless.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
can i ask,
it will be possible to autopack into Resource**.pak ?
like version.cfg

Would be possible yes but it will only re-pack into .paks not add them into the .paks that are already there like the Offical Launcher does =[

Would be also possible to encrypt the .pak files and no one would be able to decompile unless you knew the encryption method. Which i could add in but this is just gonna' be a simple release.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well, if i see the method from official, ..they have read 2 files, = md5 code and patch.txt for listing all files inside.pak

btw, i like this discussion

Yea if I can find the offsets and such for the pak files that the official launcher does then that would be sorted.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
look cool i want try it so badly :)
Soon! , it will be soon ready!
Although i would need to test it out before release as well as there could be bugs.

i have finish for autoupdate with launcher DN official, ill share later
Ah you got it working ? =o ,
That would be cool if you can release that! , but i don't think you can encrypt the pak files with the official launcher can you o_O ?

Reaction score
yes it working fine, coz all files with pak will be inserting to Resource00.pak or any with automaticlly from launcher procedure.

ill share it to you, but i need to rest before i start the tutorial about that...

Reaction score
yes it working fine, coz all files with pak will be inserting to Resource00.pak or any with automaticlly from launcher procedure.

ill share it to you, but i need to rest before i start the tutorial about that...

i was trying to create one using thor patcher but things get too complicated, i was successfully made one for rohan though :ehh:

oh well i will wait for your release, :lol:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Yea things need time to work perfectly XD , but cool man you will most likely release before i do this. I'm still yet designing things out for this.

i was trying to create one using thor patcher but things get too complicated, i was successfully made one for rohan though :ehh:

oh well i will wait for your release, :lol:
This made with VB.net man or tottaly different programing ? , and it works for Dragon Nest ? o_O
Try using the GunZ patcher/updater that stuff works with any type of PServer lol

Reaction score
Yea things need time to work perfectly XD , but cool man you will most likely release before i do this. I'm still yet designing things out for this.

This made with VB.net man or tottaly different programing ? , and it works for Dragon Nest ? o_O
Try using the GunZ patcher/updater that stuff works with any type of PServer lol

yeah i was able to create 2 different patcher/launcher for rohan, i have problem with this one. -_- btw how can my character become vip? you know the orange name with a crown beside your name?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
yeah i was able to create 2 different patcher/launcher for rohan, i have problem with this one. -_- btw how can my character become vip? you know the orange name with a crown beside your name?

Oh very nice , well looking forward to you in releasing that when ever you do!
Not to sure actually , haven't really looked into the titling system yet or nor other small things. I'm looking in to all the major fixes that need to be done first besides the CS.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back