Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]Dragon Nest v271 and v273

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is actually work. I forgot I have the 273 version of the file with 274 version of the client. I tested this patch and it worked. but ofcourse I will have a mismatch with some files since I'm using the 273 version of the Server data.
Happy Gaming!

wow finally, thx for this, ill try this later when im finish with what im doing, hope it works.

Reaction score
Request :
can you upload resource-scrip-monsterai-nest icedragon for server?

You can check this out:

I have limited files in this drive so spare me if this is not the file you need.

For those whose using 273 version release. Here's how you will able to play the game.

Download this:
1. Put the DragonNest.exe to the client Folder
2. The other 2 files in the Server Folder
3. Start the Server using the the .exe you put in the server
4. Wait till the server load completes.
5. Run the Launcher from the client.
6. Login and play ^_^

Note: You can register using the Launcher and create the Lencea and Machina. Follow the Image instruction Above. Enjoy ^_^

Credit: aionoid and Me for Simple fix and files upload ^_^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Kenneth,

Thanks a lot, I am much closer to getting this to work now, your client loads fine, but it won't show me any window to enter credentials, are those supposed to be passed by the launcher to the client directly? If so, are you able to provide the "command line" from your running client so we can see what arguments are being passed to it? (I'm running it through a bat file)

I really don't want to run that launcher since it is being heuristically detected as a trojan horse, and I'd rather create the new classes directly in the db if need be rather than risking such a thing.

In any case, thank you for the fix :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi just woke up earlier then started setting up, everything seems fine, FX DN client also working but i got an error in the client again and cant get pass image 1,2 on your post above im just stuck there cant reach Image 3.

so when i click yellow buttom to start dragonnest.exe then i entered and any username pass it still Launch but i got error.. why i cant register account?

everything seems to be fine here

error when reach client, maybe its because i didnt registered or i entered unregistered account

nvm i FINALLY MADE IT WORK :w00t: the problem was ""ODBC"" which is not included in the tutorial and SQL Setup should really be on ""NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE""

THX SO MUCH kennethz008 & aionoid

there seems to be a problem tho i cant get out of town i tried with lencea machina and assassin char, and all char started lvl 60, using v273

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Kenneth,

Thanks a lot, I am much closer to getting this to work now, your client loads fine, but it won't show me any window to enter credentials, are those supposed to be passed by the launcher to the client directly? If so, are you able to provide the "command line" from your running client so we can see what arguments are being passed to it? (I'm running it through a bat file)

I really don't want to run that launcher since it is being heuristically detected as a trojan horse, and I'd rather create the new classes directly in the db if need be rather than risking such a thing.

In any case, thank you for the fix :)

Look at the launcher and click start. you will see login there. Take a look at this SS:
mQVz8mz - [Release]Dragon Nest v271 and v273 - RaGEZONE Forums

MZbWuvE - [Release]Dragon Nest v271 and v273 - RaGEZONE Forums

there seems to be a problem tho i cant get out of town i tried with lencea machina and assassin char, and all char started lvl 60, using v273

I forgot the exact translation of that. I'm currently using ver 274 client with the server and client patch from ver 273 files also the fix that I post above.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Kenneth,

Yeah I know about the launcher, I don't want to use it at all, it is detected as a trojan horse, and well.. let's say I don't want to find out my computer became part of a botnet later down the line.

Since you don't seem to have a problem using it, could you please tell me what sort of cmdline is passed to the client when you launch it through that? It should be fairly simple to get it, you can even just use task manager to do so (View > Select Columns > Command Line).

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Kenneth,

Yeah I know about the launcher, I don't want to use it at all, it is detected as a trojan horse, and well.. let's say I don't want to find out my computer became part of a botnet later down the line.

Since you don't seem to have a problem using it, could you please tell me what sort of cmdline is passed to the client when you launch it through that? It should be fairly simple to get it, you can even just use task manager to do so (View > Select Columns > Command Line).

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

You're using 127.0.0.1?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Look at the launcher and click start. you will see login there. Take a look at this SS:
I forgot the exact translation of that. I'm currently using ver 274 client with the server and client patch from ver 273 files also the fix that I post above.
yeah i switched to v271 and its all fine now i can go out of town and char is lvl 1 but now char/account is not a GM anymore, how to make account a GM? i tried going to SQL>DNMembership>Account and set Account level code to 99 and it didnt work, also how to create silver hunter?

Reaction score
yeah i switched to v271 and its all fine now i can go out of town and char is lvl 1 but now char/account is not a GM anymore, how to make account a GM? i tried going to SQL>DNMembership>Account and set Account level code to 99 and it didnt work, also how to create silver hunter?

SQL>DNWord>Character and set Account level code to 99 about silver hunter find the Class ID first.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yeah thx im out for now going to work, can this client be translated? ill try to search how to translate this client for the meantime or can u give me some infos how? :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i was able to run it without xamp or webserver so that's for sure, idunno about odbc but i setup mine and its fine

Reaction score
Main post updated.

1. Added the fixes for version 273
2. Creating Machina and Lencea.

Goodluck ^_^

Tried using both 127.0.0.1 and the network ip, both resulted in the same.
Another thing is, do we need to setup odbc or a webserver for this version?

Thanks for the help.

If you're using the launcher for the server side, you don't need webserver, unless you will put some custom patch. You need to unpack the 01.pak to do that. Use the Launcher if you want to make your own patches. Goodluck. There's a tutorial for making patch. Check it out.

For those who wants English Patch. Translate this uistring. hehe This is from 273 01.pak.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
WoW Great, now every one is running it.
and i didn't even need to make a tutorial. thanks to @kennethz008 for his tutorial.

PS: for silver hunter and other class go to the NPC that sell things "like mounts and sets. near the bank guy" and u can get the class there
kennethz008 - [Release]Dragon Nest v271 and v273 - RaGEZONE Forums

PS: by the way this release has the 10th class ready "ARCH HERETIC (DARK CLERIC)"
"

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You can check this out:

I have limited files in this drive so spare me if this is not the file you need.

For those whose using 273 version release. Here's how you will able to play the game.

Download this:
1. Put the DragonNest.exe to the client Folder
2. The other 2 files in the Server Folder
3. Start the Server using the the .exe you put in the server
4. Wait till the server load completes.
5. Run the Launcher from the client.
6. Login and play ^_^

Note: You can register using the Launcher and create the Lencea and Machina. Follow the Image instruction Above. Enjoy ^_^

Credit: @aionoid and Me for Simple fix and files upload ^_^

Thanks ...but in script-monsterai no file icedragon

Last edited:
Back