Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do the translations for our Korean Dragon Nest guild and have done it for 2 years now. Some people need to fix MID errors in their UI so this is basically how to do it and fix untranslated things.

This will not cover how you get the UIString from the client and how to put it in, ONLY the rules and how to of editing the UI.

I will be using the files from my guide here. This also includes the client from here.

Once you edit the UI you have to place it back in your client. It will not appear unless you edit the UI, and PLACE IT IN YOUR CLIENT. Via Patch, or by an English Patch.

Downloads:

Here is the latest KR UI, this has up to date on all MIDs, so anything you are missing, copy paste the MID and translate into your language.

UI Latest as of 12/16/14:

TRANSLATING UI:

Basically once you get the UI you are greeted with this:

7c0da1a1a9d38bfb0983799318e6799c - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

See the CN_FIRST?

Edit it to say lang="US_FIRST", or RUS_FIRST, KR_FIRST, or what ever language you will be translating it to.

The UI above is a normal one for CDN, untranslated, the client provided in my guide has been translated and edited so it looks like this:

b8044c6e0bc38805359596441ebc9c5c - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

Notice the format: <message mid="MIDNUMBERHERE"><![CDATA[TRANSLATION HERE]]></message>

When editing, you keep the MID number the way it is, and TRANSLATION HERE represents where you will put your translation.

In example:

We have in the untranslated version of our UI:

66e8ef120ad51f4987610386bc5c765c - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

<message mid="2"><![CDATA[按键]]></message>

按键 in Chinese means: Button

We would replace the 按键 with Button, making sure you leave the double ]] at the end so it knows to close and not keep the ></message> in your UI in game.

<message mid="2"><![CDATA[Button]]></message>

Throw it in your UI:

d3cb2053ded53d087eff886951d726c1 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

Patch your client with the new UI or throw it in a pak as an English Patch. And it will display: 按键 as Button in game.

This is basically how you edit the UI itself. Now we need to go into fixing things.

FIXING MID ERRORS

This is where a lot of people want the UI fixes, a lot of Server Files contain newer items, but older clients, and it contains MID:10000XXXXX errors.

d090edc3af63c886e52149cbe47a037e - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

That is what is cisidered a MID error, it is missing in the UI so it can't display in game.

To fix this: Open your UI,

541a6ec9b300bdfd5d03eccbfa1c7998 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

You will be looking at the mid="####" They are all in order so we need to find in our example MID="120325"

aadc3abce31d9f46bd00860c82bfd7f2 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

Notice how it goes from 120315 to 120401 in a jump? Between that is 120325.

Now we add our MID

401a51e8e1fa99a448b1657965335f39 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

Now if you know what the text should say, you can fill it in and be done.

If you don't however, you need to use the updated UI string in the downloads and copy paste the MID and translate it.

This MID is from a pvp mode called Ghoul Rumble Mode from a Korean Dragon Nest update in November. The missing MID is the points in the pvp mode, so I used the KR UI from the download above and filled in the text

91ea8c96d12e75cf56b4215a6a93d196 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

획득 점수 means Obtained, %d represents name, 점 means point.

Translate and Throw it in the brackets

cf920a29c21553395c21cf0ad72ce364 - [Guide] How to edit UI and do Translations. - RaGEZONE Forums

That's it. Patch your client, or pak it as an English Patch, then it will appear in game as ""Character Name" Obtained Point" instead of M:120325.

Basically that's all there is to it, editing NPC dialogue is a different style that I won't be covering in this, if you have any questions post them below and I will explain to the best of my abilities. ;3c

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back