Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial]How to Change Job in DB using Easy and Hard way

Reaction score
Easy Way Credit: Thorin

Change the values in red.

1. Character.dbo
Code:
USE [DNWorld]
UPDATE  [dbo].[Characters]
SET CharacterClassCode=[COLOR="#FF0000"]0[/COLOR]
WHERE CharacterName='[COLOR="#FF0000"]name[/COLOR]'

About this step, i guess you can use this if you want to change class ex. from warrior to cleric because this should be default 1st job class value 1-6

2.CharcterStatus.dbo
Code:
USE [DNWorld]
UPDATE  [dbo].[CharacterStatus]
SET JobCode=[COLOR=#ff0000]0[/COLOR]
WHERE CharacterID=(SELECT CharacterID FROM  [dbo].[Characters] WHERE CharacterName='[COLOR=#ff0000]name[/COLOR]')

About this step see the Step 7 in (Hard Way Normal Change Job) you can't use this query twice, you only need to understand on what value you should put before you execute.

3. JobChangeLogs.dbo
Code:
USE [DNWorld]
INSERT INTO JobChangeLogs (CharacterID, JobCode, LogDate) VALUES ((SELECT CharacterID FROM  [dbo].[Characters] WHERE CharacterName='[COLOR=#ff0000]name[/COLOR]'), [COLOR=#ff0000]0[/COLOR], (SELECT convert(varchar(25), getdate(), 120)) )

See the Step 5-6 in (Hard Way Normal Change Job) you only need to understand and put the right values before you execute this query.

Note: Change the 0 value to Jobcode

Hard Way

Normal Change job. Follow the steps

You can do this after you create character ingame, do the step below then re-login.

1. Go to your database under DNWorld
2. Under table find this 3 .dbo, Character, CharacterStatus and JobChangeLogs
3. Under Character.dbo Check your Character ID ex. CharacterID 6
4. Under JobChangeLogs find your Character ID which is 6 in my example. You will see the value of class which is 1=Warrior
5. Copy the whole row and paste it where you can see Null lines or w/e, do this 2 times
6. After you paste it change the class value of the 2 rows to 11=swordmaster and 23 or 24 for Gladiator and Moonlord
7. Go to CharacterStatus.dbo, again find your Character ID which is 6 in my example. change the value of 1=Warrior to 23 or 24 for Gladiator and Moonlord don't forget to execute ^^. That's it.

Mixing Class

After you've done changing class for ex. you're already a moonlord now there's a way for you to become Gladiator and Moonlord at the same time.

1. First go JobChangeLogs.dbo find again your CharacterID which in my ex. is 6
2. Change the value of 1=Warrior to 24 if MoonLord and 23 if Gladiator
3. Now go to CharacterStatus.dbo and find again your Character ID which is 6 in my ex.
4. Change the value if you're already a MoonLord=24 change it to 23=Gladiator, if you miss doing this you can't learn any skills from your Skill Master.
5. Don't forget to execute ^^ Now go login and check your Skills it should be Swordmaster, Gladiator and Moonlord.

Note: in CharacterStatus.dbo you can't add row so that you need to change the class value for you to learn/buy skills from your skill master :eek:tt1:

Here are the list of Class Value's Credit: Thorin

Code:
1 - warrior
2 - archer
3 - sorceress
4 - cleric
5 - tinkerer
6 - kali

11 - swordsman
12 - mercenary
13 - avenger

14 - sharpshooter
15 - acrobat
16 - hunter

17 - elementalist
18 - mystic
19 - warlock

20 - paladin
21 - monk
22 - priest

23 - gladiator
24 - lunar knight

25 - barbarian
26 - destroyer

29 - sniper
30 - warden

31 - tempest
32 - windwalker

35 - pyromancer
36 - ice witch

37 - war mage
38 - chaos mage

41 - guardian
42 - crusader

43 - saint
44 - inquisitor
45 - exorcist

46 - engineer
47 - shooting star

48 - gear master
49 - alchemist

50 - adept
51 - physician

54 - screamer
55 - dark summoner

56 - soul eater
57 - dancer

58 - blade dancer
59 - spirit dancer

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please put id number for every job and thx for this guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I used EASY WAY #2
my SQL got an error

Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.
The statement has been terminated.

Back