Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tutorials for DNT binary structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, thx to guys for helping me understanding the structure again(especially "老周", R.Madman :) )

Very happy to share this infomation to all of you, hope it can stimulate the progress of developing more better dn tools or releases

Some Binary Knowledge(for non-professionals)
binary/hex numeric data display as high-low in form(I dont' know how to translate this terminology :eek:tt1:), concerns hilo issue. for instance, when you see "00 FF" as a numeric 2-byte data, it should be computed as "FF 00", result of 65280 NOT 255. so when you read the dnt file as raw number with binary stream, you should format/re-organize the data as right form(high-low).If your programming language supports, use the methods which can provide primitive data as much as possible.such as DataInputStream(method as "readByte","readInt" etc.) in Java, and BinaryReader(method as "ReadInt16","ReadUInt32" etc.) in C#.

DNT binary structure
the binary data is orgnized as following order:
1 - Tutorials for DNT binary structure - RaGEZONE Forums

Column Type:

2 - Tutorials for DNT binary structure - RaGEZONE Forums

Let's take "\GameRes\resource\ext\actortable.dnt" as an example:

binary data in UE:
tt - Tutorials for DNT binary structure - RaGEZONE Forums

actual data in "dntEditor-kyu"
222 - Tutorials for DNT binary structure - RaGEZONE Forums

my translation is a little rusty...hope u can understand..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back