Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Aura is an open-source MMORPG server software for the North American client of Mabinogi, developed by our small team in their free time. Its current version has been in development for 2 years now and we're closing in on finishing our G1 milestone.

Features

We want to implement all updates in chronological order, starting with G1. Most features that were working in G1 are already available in Aura, plus a few newer ones that were added for fun. This means you can train skills, run dungeons, do quests, upgrade and enchant items, etc.

A few features are still missing, as is some content, like most PTJs, but we've come a long way since I initially created this thread on this forum. For more information on what's missing from G1 you can check our G1 backlog.

Aura's biggest feature however is its customizability, which is very important to us. Whether you want to do something as simple as increasing the drop or proficiency gaining rate, something more involved, like disabling the new combat system, or create your own NPCs and quests, our goal is to make Aura as easily customizable and usable as possible.

exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums

Development so far

As mentioned above, we're currently working on G1, which is set for release on August 31st, 2016. Reaching this point has been a struggle, as rarely more than 1-2 developers have worked on the project at a time. The situation improved drastically when I started accepting donations, which allowed me to spend more time on Aura. In one short year since then we went from having no dungeons, near to no skills, no item upgrades, no weather, no PTJs, etc. to being close to completing our G1 milestone.

We're now looking at a bright future, in which development on G2 will soon begin.

exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums

Links

If you're interested in learning more about the project, check it out on GitHub, visit our forum, or chat with us on Gitter.

GitHub: https://github.com/aura-project
Forums: http://aura-project.org
Gitter chat: https://gitter.im/aura-project/aura
Backlog: https://github.com/aura-project/aura/issues
Wiki: https://github.com/aura-project/aura/wiki

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a couple more screenshots I found from my personal files
exectails - Aura (Mabinogi Server Emulator) - RaGEZONE Forums

Height command gone wrong!

Haxxxx

Custom NPC's on an old test server
And a video demonstrating old dungeon functionality. I'm planning on working on dungeons more this weekend and getting a demo server online as well.

If anyone has any questions, let us know! You can either ask them on the forums or pop into our gitter room

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm so stoked that Mabinogi server development has come so far! I remember a few years ago there were some obscure ones with half-rendered graphics, but nothing really playable. I've messed around with Maplestory servers quite a bit and have experience in web programming, but sadly I'm still new to C# and don't know a thing about reverse engineering. >.< But I'm really looking for something to learn on, so I'll definitely download the source and see how quickly I get the hang of things. I would love to be able to contribute any way that I can, and I will be sure to make pull requests/releases if I make any real progress! :)

Reaction score
I'd like to give you a quick update on what happened with Aura since I initially created this thread. We now have all G1 dungeons (minus Mainstream), all G1 skills, all G1 titles, all G1 upgrades, most G1 quests, most G1 monsters, and the list goes on! We have made a lot of progress, and we're now close to completing our G1 milestone.

Aura G1 is set for release on August 31st, 2016.

To shorten the wait, here's some videos of me having fun with Aura =)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a small list of some things done in the past 2 weeks:
- Added splash damage.
- Added bank transfers.
- Added Caitin's and Deian's PTJs.
- Added Uladh field bosses.
- Added fireworks.
- Added potion poison.
- Many improvements on NPCs and dialogues.
- Quite a few bug fixes.

You can follow the development in more detail via our weekly project logs on the forum, or directly on GitHub as the updates come in.

Reaction score
Although I'm not doing much with Aura no more since the all of the major changes and because of my testing PC kicking the bucket, I still follow you guys on Github Exectails. The wait is long but all of that work and dedication (is it really dedication?) is paying off. Hope you and everyone whom is helping can keep going and progressing the project forward.

Reaction score
is it really dedication?
It does require at least some dedication, even the most fun hobby project turns into work now and then if you've worked on it for years^^

all of the major changes
What major changes are you referring to? The rewrite 2 years ago certainly changed a lot, but since then not too much has changed anymore I believe, aside from the new features of course.

Edit: While I'm here anyway, here's the latest update =) There's been a lot of fixes, little additions, like additional PTJs, and it's finally possible to trade with other players. Click here for a full list of changes.

Reaction score
Quick update, we're a little behind schedule and won't be able to get Aura G1 feature complete until tomorrow. We are very close though, as you can see on our backlog, and it's only a matter of days now.

Since my last update we have added guilds, trading, player shops, entrusting enchantments, and several PTJs, with the only remaining missing features being RP, simultaneous attacks, the G1 mainstream quests, and a handful of PTJs.

Reaction score
Personally I think Mabinogi is one of the best MMORPGS out there, though it is dated and I didn't like many of the recent changes on the official servers.

Understand, i will give a look downloading futurely the game.

#offtopic
See my comment in Issue #11 of Melia haha
Also i need talk with you :p

Reaction score
Happy new year everyone! Unfortunately I frequently forget to update this thread, but development is progressing nicely^^

Generation 1 is fully playable by now, and we've started work on Generation 2. There have been way too many changes since my last post to list them here, but to name a few highlights:

• Added Generation 1 quest line
  • Added RP dungeons
  • Added G1 PTJs
  • Added a wiki that adjusts to the features enabled on the server
  • Added events like Double Rainbow and Pillow Fight
  • And much more!
To read more about the current status, head over to my end of the year project log from yesterday =)
End of the year Project Log 2016 - News - Aura Project

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For those not aware yet, Nexon took down most of Aura's sites with DMCAs last month, and because of that Aura's development is currently on hold :*:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back